06 Jan 2012
Playstation Staff

Action/Adventure games with hard puzzles??

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 561 Views edited 06-01-2012

Hellooo all.

I just finished playing AC 2 (yes I'm almost 3 years behind) and totally loved it. Didn't expect much when I first started, in fact I hated it a little. But as the story progressed I really started to fall in love with it.

The BEST part of it were the 20 side puzzles to unlock subject 16's video. Towards the end, the puzzles started turning into code breaking and really required thought.

I've been CRAVING games that not only challenge my gaming skills, but my logical thinking and deduction skills. Most games that promise this tend to be really easy.

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend other games with difficult puzzles as well as a great, sandboxed gameplay? I have AC: Brotherhood lined up to play next and hope it can deliver the same rewarding experience as AC 2.

Any comment is appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (561 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Action/Adventure games with hard puzzles??

not sandbox but portal and portal 2 worth a go for the cool puzzles. I didn't find them really hard but some were quite challenging.
The uncharted series have some puzzle bits, although it's not the main focus, and again isn't sandbox.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Action/Adventure games with hard puzzles??

Cheers. Played both Portals, and yes I loved the puzzles. Some more challenging that others.
I used to think UC had decent puzzles until I played AC2... now I know they suck :smileyhappy:

Ahh well, back to Kakuro :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (532 Views)
0 Kudos