05 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

Anyone else never able to get into Max Payne 3 multiplayer game?

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 2,414 Views edited 05-07-2012
Hi all :smileyhappy: Basically, I was wondering whether it was just me who's never (well.. very rarely) able to get into a Max Payne 3 multiplayer game? Every time I go into playlists, although it tells me there are some active sessions and active players, it throws me into a new session on my own, where nobody ever joins no matter how long I wait for someone!! Such a shame 'cause the multiplayer is pretty decent in my opinion... It's nothing to do with my network connection or PS3 as I play multiplayer fine on other games. Thanks for reading.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (2,414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Anyone else never able to get into Max Payne 3 multiplayer game?

You're probably going to need to open ports or set-up a DMZ. Rockstar servers can be problematic at the best of times. Personally i have opted for the DMZ method check the two links below. 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-General/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/td...

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21423582-max-payne-3-connection-problems-losing-connection-...

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (2,401 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

^ yeah, rockstar games can be temperamental - dmz keeps me at nat 2 and don't have many problems. only paryting up with others who aren't nat2
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (2,393 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

mont348 wrote:

You're probably going to need to open ports or set-up a DMZ. Rockstar servers can be problematic at the best of times. Personally i have opted for the DMZ method check the two links below. 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-General/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/td...

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21423582-max-payne-3-connection-problems-losing-connection-...

Hey, thanks for your response! I found out I'm Nat type 2 so shouldn't really be having a big problem should I? Anyway, DMZ seems a little fiddly so I wanna try the second link but it says "consult your network hardware manual" to set up a more open Nat type.. Which manual do they mean?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (2,369 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

In game Nat 2 or PS3 connection test Nat 2? A PS3 connection test Nat 2 doesn't necessarily mean an open connection just Nat 2 to Playstation Network. 

Rockstars reference to user manuals is a bit generic just mean router and game platform. DMZ probably is the easiest option port forwarding can be a lot more work. The ports listed by Rockstar seem more for the PC than game consoles. 

Had a look on portforward.com no Max Payne 3 ports listed and often their port list guides are wrong or inaccurate. Used portforward.com myself as a reference on how to open ports too much hard work went for a DMZ.

Last option would be to switch off your routers firewall. Only do this if you have good updated anti virus installed on your PC or laptop.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (2,363 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

mont348 wrote:

In game Nat 2 or PS3 connection test Nat 2? A PS3 connection test Nat 2 doesn't necessarily mean an open connection just Nat 2 to Playstation Network. 

Rockstars reference to user manuals is a bit generic just mean router and game platform. DMZ probably is the easiest option port forwarding can be a lot more work. The ports listed by Rockstar seem more for the PC than game consoles. 

Had a look on portforward.com no Max Payne 3 ports listed and often their port list guides are wrong or inaccurate. Used portforward.com myself as a reference on how to open ports too much hard work went for a DMZ.

Last option would be to switch off your routers firewall. Only do this if you have good updated anti virus installed on your PC or laptop.

I think in-game Nat 2.. even when I'm on 'Multiplayer' on MP3 it says in the bottom left Nat type 2.

This weekend's been OK actually, I've been able to play. Don't know whether it was because of the double XP thing that attracted more people, but I also found that when I was continuously being thrown into a session by myself with no one joining, restarting the PS3 helped - no idea why or whether it was coincidence...

Anyways thanks for all your help buddy.. if the problem resurfaces I'll be sure to read your posts again :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (2,350 Views)
0 Kudos