22 Mar 2012

Playstation Staff

Batman arkham city appropriate?

11 Replies 949 Views Created 22-03-2012

hey guys, wassup? see here, i got a problem. i played arkham asylum and i absolutely loved it. the batman arkham games became my second fave game series out there automatically (first is uncharted). and now i wanna get arkham city. now my parents wont let me play m-rated games at all (sux) but with games like arkham city, i'm fine. but i heard a lot about arkham city that if my parents saw, well they would freak out. like, I know that strange  gets stabbed and ghul stabs himself and clayface/joker gets stabbed (my parents dont like stabbing) but i think they'll be ok with that since you yourself (batman) aren't doing the stabbing. but what i'm mostly concerned about is hugo strange and zsasz (forgive me if i spelled that wrong, grammar nazis are welcome). i watched the hugo strange trailer where he is "torturing" that tyger gaurd and injecting him with something, and i know that wasn't an ingame video (way too good graphics) but if something like that appears in the game, my parents won't let me play it anymore. so if there are any torture scenes at all, please let me know. also, zsasz is incredibly disturbing, so if he does anything psychopathicish please say so. I know he says some pretty gross stuff, but i have headphones, so that's alright. please reply and thank you.

P.S. don't tell me i should get a tv and put it in my room because my room is too small and i don't have enough money to get one and no way are my parents gonna get me one cuz they are mucho cheapo. the only expensive things they've gotten for me were my ps3 and my guitar.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (949 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Batman arkham city appropriate?

Get a copy of the movie "Cannibal Holocaust" and watch it when your parents are around, after them seeing that they will be fine with any game choice of yours.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (945 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Can't you just play it when they're not there?

In regards to the gameplay and it's graphic content, I don't really recall anything too major that would hinder you being able to play it, but I could be forgetting things, it's been a while since I played through the story on it.

ShowOff || Daaaaamn I'm Good
Twitter : @LSully7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

what games are you allowed to play, not many i would guess as almost all games have some kind of violence in them. flower is cheap on the psn/sen at the moment. Batman Arkham City is no more violent than the original game.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (912 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Gosh I hated playing games on my parents TV, I would only get an Half n' hour slot and then they'll start complaining about their eyes and joints hurting; due to the video game being on. My parents are complete technophobes and also I didn't really get enough pocket money to buy new games; so most of my games were Knock off Nigels. Now I have a better TV located in my bedroom, a PS3 connected to it and a selection of authentic new games. P.S. Parents are rubbish at buying games or anything technological.

Anyway lol I sympathise with the op.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (906 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

hey hey

Why can't you just respect your parents wishes ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (905 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Get a copy of the movie "Cannibal Holocaust" and watch it when your parents are around, after them seeing that they will be fine with any game choice of yours.

Heading straight for the big guns eh? lol

You could have started him off on the easy ones first like cannibal ferox, zombie flesh eaters or a couple of the Fulci's to break him in gently.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The age ratings on games aren't advisory, they're a s legally binding as films.  Sounds like your parents love you mate.  Incredible when you see parents going into game getting adult games for their kids.  AC is a 15.  If you're under 15 then it's not suitable for you. Just think of all the fun you'll have when you hit 15...

Sign up for SICK KIDS SAVE POINT - 24 hour gaming marathon for Sick kids - www.sickkidssavepoint.org
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (815 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Mikal_Drey wrote:

hey hey

Why can't you just respect your parents wishes ?

Where's the fun in that? :smileytongue:

It's violent I guess but in a comic-booky way and unlikely to turn you into Ted Bundy.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (803 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

buy Hannah Montana instead
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (782 Views)
0 Kudos