20 Oct 2010
By ytevo79
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Capcom: Onimusha and Dino Crisis not forgotten

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 1,070 Views edited 20-10-2010

:smileysurprised: But I'm supprised they haven't already gone down the same route as Resident Evil :smileysad:

Please keep it local guys and do what you do best if your going to make another.. :smileywink: Same camera angle system and horror, horror horror!

Dino Crisis – the franchise that time forgotDino Crisis – the franchise that time forgot

'Onimusha is tricky in particular given how Japanese-focused the franchise has been,' said Capcom U.S.'s vice president of strategic planning and business development Christian Svensson to website IGN.

'When you look at the timing and sales trend of how Onimusha has gone each outing – I won't give you the exact numbers, but let's just say every outing subsequently has been about 60% of the prior - the brand doesn't right now have quite the resilience that you might think.'

'While Onimusha 1 and Onimusha 2 are among our more successful titles, Onimusha 3 and Onimusha Dawn of Dreams, not so much,' he added. We can think of many reasons why this might be the case and none of them have to do with the game being too 'Japanese-focused', but there you go.

A different excuse was needed for the execrable mess that Dino Crisis became, as the series transformed itself from dinosaur-themed survival horror to the world's worst third person shooter, featuring cyborg dinosaurs in space (really).

'Dino Crisis' success really was an out cropping of Resident Evil 1 and 2," Svensson said. 'There are discussions, Dino Crisis comes up from time to time, but there isn't any burning desire from R&D or the business side to light that franchise back up again.'

'Until there's an internal champion with something incredible, things just sort of sit there,' he added.

The same seems to be case to be the case with Onimusha, with Svensson hinting that ideas were 'percolating' within the company but that no announcements were imminent. And yet no doubt more Lost Planet and Mega Man games are already on the drawing board…

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/844461-onimusha-and-dino-crisis-not-forgotten-says-capcom

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (1,070 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Capcom: Onimusha and Dino Crisis not forgotten

I'd really like a new Dino Crisis, as long as it is faithful to the first one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (1,047 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

xFyre1 wrote:

I'd really like a new Dino Crisis, as long as it is faithful to the first one.

Yeah, but we all know how that works out :Shame:

Saying that tho, it does seem like Capcom realise this and the reason why they haven't just sent it out to American developers to conjure some action/arcade game out of what was once an amazing survival horror.

It gets my back up anyway. And the reason why Resident Evil 4 and 5 don't exist in my gaming world.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

dispite loving Dino Crisis as it is and would really like to see just an HD remake of it, i also wouldnt mind seeing a Resi 5 version of it. over-the-shoulder dino survival would be kinda fun, if not as scary :smileyvery-happy:.

DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (1,038 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

HD release of Dino Crisis 2!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (1,033 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

i would love to get dino drisis on the ps3 i completed it in japanese first time round got stuck at a computer screen for 3 weeks just staring at it trying to work out the code but my japanese is really poor lol eventually got it and completed the game loved it to bits so bring it back

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (992 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

This topic just confirms for me how forgotten the Onimusha series is. Quite saddening really. Put it next to Dino Crisis and it gets shoved to the side and left to cry miserably in the mud, with just a few people looking at it, but with no-one going to help it up. A shame.

Still, at least they haven't forgotten about ol' Onimusha. I'm eagerly awaiting a new version, although, looking at the trailer for DMC, perhaps it may be happier in the mud. Imagine an Onimusha TPS. In America. With cyborg zombies.

Just no.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (985 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i was like the only person who seemed to like Dino Crisis 3 and enjoyed it heaps with all its cutscenes and bosses.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (944 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Wasn't Jean Reno in Onimusha 3? So that would make the series target audience Japanese AND French.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (909 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

At least Lost Planet is still on the board - LP2 rocked.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (891 Views)
0 Kudos