Level 9

Re: Lollipop Chainsaw

I started this earlier and its seems pretty fun. It seems a bit hard though even on easy mode (I should have known the Japanese by now!). I hated Bayonetta for being hard on medium, but this had me dying several times in the prologue.. I just hope for my hard playthrough she's got some decent combos that don't get interrupted by a stupid zombie with no arms who nearly smacks you to death with his stumps :smileyindifferent:

Checkpoints are very tight as well. I did half the first level, quit, loaded my game to see where I would start from and I'm back at the beginning and have to deal with that teacher again now grr.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 121 of 127 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

ytevo79 wrote:
I started this earlier and its seems pretty fun. It seems a bit hard though even on easy mode (I should have known the Japanese by now!). I hated Bayonetta for being hard on medium, but this had me dying several times in the prologue.. I just hope for my hard playthrough she's got some decent combos that don't get interrupted by a stupid zombie with no arms who nearly smacks you to death with his stumps :smileyindifferent:

Checkpoints are very tight as well. I did half the first level, quit, loaded my game to see where I would start from and I'm back at the beginning and have to deal with that teacher again now grr.

if you die you continue within the level (apart from on Ranked which you have to start from the beginning), but if you quit you have to go back to the start too.

if starts off a bit tough, but once you buy some moves and get to grips with Sparkle Hunting, it gets alot easier.

newbanner
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 122 of 127 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

[ Edited ]

Just finished this and really enjoyed it. A bit shallow but still very fun, chopping up zombies never gets old. I didn't think it was particularly hard (on normal) apart from that horrible baseball game which took me a few goes. It's a cakewalk compared to the likes of Devil May Cry or Bayonetta anyway.:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 123 of 127 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

TheNarrator wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

if you die you continue within the level (apart from on Ranked which you have to start from the beginning), but if you quit you have to go back to the start too.

if starts off a bit tough, but once you buy some moves and get to grips with Sparkle Hunting, it gets alot easier.

Oh right, so I have to complete each level in one sitting? That sucks, especially if the checkpoint works for if you die only.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 124 of 127 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Warren Spector Doesn’t Think Lollipop Chainsaw Should Have Been Made

http://kotaku.com/5982586/warren-spector-doesnt-think-lollipop-chainsaw-should-have-been-made

"Early in the talk, he made a point about how he used to want longer games. As he got older, he had less time for them and now craves shorter ones.

"It's not just about time. It's not just about giving me shorter experiences. It's about the content. My interests in content have changed dramatically and I suspect this is true for many of you. There are some games the should just not be made, by the way…."

At that moment, Spector showed an image of Lollipop Chainsaw. This would not be the first time Spector has complained about today's hyper-violent video games. But he's not gone out of his way to be specific. Here, he did.

Some members of the audience chuckled."

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 125 of 127 (185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Idiot. Using his logic, there are lots of games that 'shouldn't be made'. Specifically anything I don't like or doesn't fit my life right now.

It sounds like Lollipop Chainsaw was exactly something he would have lapped up in his teens, and I'm pretty sure the 50-something gamer isn't the target demographic for the game anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 126 of 127 (180 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

It is a silly game to pick out, its actually quite fun, has its tongue firmly in its cheek and was very popular among female gamers.

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 127 of 127 (173 Views)
0 Kudos