03 Jul 2010

Playstation Staff

Looking for uncharted-like game....

15 Replies 30,068 Views Created 03-07-2010

Hey guys,

is there a game, similar to uncharted so that it would:

- have beautiful scenery (including vibrant colors)

- a puzzle or two (how to get somewhere), maybe a bit more difficult than in uncharted

- 3rd person! (I don't like 1st person navigation)

- with a bit of shooting, a bit of exploring,...

I bought PS3 and I play games after like 15 yrs or so- back then, I loved commander keen, dave and similar games (arcades). So I guess I'm looking for modern 3d 3rd person ones :smileyhappy:

I just started playing assassin's creed (1)and it's a bit  boring and repetitive (go here, go there, climb the tower, save the citizen...),..., I don't really like the GTA4 no matter how high it scores- I see no story, just go and tkae the girl out/kill/rob/travel around the city; it gets boring to me, too- I've played it for like 5 hrs, f*cked the girl like 10 times and crashed like 100 cars, that's it....I just don't find it "wow"

I'm casual player which means I'd like to sit down like once a week and play for like two hours- fallout and similar things again aren't my thing as I don't have "the nerves" to "spend a zillion hours interacting with people" :smileyhappy:

Is there anything that would suit my "needs" like uncharted does?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (30,068 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Looking for uncharted-like game....

[ Edited ]

when i think of uncharted the first thing that comes to mind is tomb raider but i don't think the tomb raider ps3 game/s have scored well, other 3rd person shooters/3rd person action you may like

Great:

- Read Dead Redemption (kinda similar to gta iv in a way)

- Dead Space

- Resident Evil 5

- Assassin's Creed 2 (supposedly not as boring and more varied then the 1st)

-Batman Arkham Aslyum ( excellent 3rd person action game)

-Infamous

Decent/ Average

-Star Wars The Force Unleashed

-Wanted Weapons of Fate

- The Bourne Conspiracy

-Spiderman Web of Shadows

-Stranglehold

-Wet

- Dead to Rights

-Army of Two

-Prototype

Leaning more towards 3rd person hack/slash beat em ups

-God of War 1-3

-Bayonetta

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1/2

-Darksiders

-Dante's Inferno

other 3rd person games i haven't played

-Singularity

- Transformers War for Cybertron

- Red Faction: Guerrilla

- Lost Planet 1/2

- Metal Gear Solid 4 ( i own it but find it hard to follow due to never playing any other MG/MGS game, it got good scores)

- Just Cause 2

-Yakuza 3

-Prince of Persia

-Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands

check there reviews out etc. to see if you may like them. good luck :smileyhappy:

edited to add more games.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (30,081 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Tomb raider underworld is the obvious choice. It focuses on puzzle solving more than the combat, enjoyable game, not as good as uncharted, but nothing is.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (30,073 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I would suggest Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dead Space, Lost Planet 2 or either Ratchet & Clank game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (30,048 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Definitely Batman: Arkham Asylum and, as above, Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time. That has some rather puzzling sections and very vibrant environments
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (30,043 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i would say batman and infamous. infamous is the closest to uncharted in terms of climbing and platforming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (30,002 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Assassin's Creed II isn't a million miles away from Uncharted 2 except there's less shooting, and the puzzles are a lot harder, if you like complicated storylines then this game's the way to go too.

Also mentioned above is Red Dead Redemption, there isn't a puzzling aspect, but the Third Person Shooter style and incredible amount of exploration hand themselves nicely to Uncharted 2.

But by far the closest is inFamous, with the 'over the shoulder' camera and general similarities in gameplay as well as many things to find, if you like Uncharted it's quite safe to say you'll like inFamous.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (29,993 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

have you tried uncharted 2 :smileyhappy:

as above, batman is a great game and i would highly recommend it.  I enjoyed the last tombraider game as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (29,969 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Assasins Creed 2. Ticks all boxes, except for shooting. There is a surprise in there that could be regarded as shooting but don't wanna spoil it for you. It's a mix between Prince of Persia(free running, ledges etc) GTA (Open Maps & Side quests, hidden stuff and secret areas? And uncharted (beauty). It's very very good. Get it between £10-£17 2nd hand.

Others but no free running is Batman Arkham Asylum and Dead Space (No Climbing).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (29,964 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Here's some of my suggestions

Dead Space ( Best horror game since Silent hill 2 )

Assassin's Creed 2 (One of the my favourite games ever and one that's very close to Uncharted )

Batman Arkham Asylum ( The perfect superhero game closely followed by the game below )

Infamous ( really fun and very similar to Uncharted )

Star Wars The Force Unleashed ( Awesome game )

God of War collection

God of War 3 ( Stunning graphics and brilliant game )

The Ratchet and Clank series ( Lots of fun )

If you look in places like Blockbuster you will probably find most of these ( not GOW 3 ) quite cheap.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (29,953 Views)
0 Kudos