04 Nov 2011
By: Dom10 Member 34 Posts
Level 1

Ratchet and Clank : All 4 One - Save slots

4 Replies 2,902 Views Created 04-11-2011

Hi all

Feeling particularly dim here, 'cos I shouldn't be asking this question.  It's made all the worse as I've looked on the internet for the answer and nobody has even asked the question, which means that everybody knows the answer but me:Frown:

So, how do I set up a second (or third or fourth) saved game slot, for playing offline?

I have saved my progress to the first slot and all is well, but I want to set up another game, but can't work out how to access slot 2?  Underneath the vacant slots advise me to push the PS button, but all that does is push the game into the background and allow me to access the PS3 OS, as it would from any other game.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for reading, enjoy your evening.

DominicB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (2,902 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: Ratchet and Clank : All 4 One - Save slots

Why are you trying to access slot 2?

Those extra slots are for co op partners, the PS Button needs to be pressed on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th controller to activate extra players over AI.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (2,894 Views)
Level 1

Hi Ew_Tux

Thanks for the response.

OK - that makes sense I suppose, thanks for pointing that out.

But does that mean that only one player can store their progress on the game?

DominicB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (2,891 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Dom10 wrote:

Hi Ew_Tux

Thanks for the response.

OK - that makes sense I suppose, thanks for pointing that out.

But does that mean that only one player can store their progress on the game?

DominicB

Not sure what you mean? Do you mean one player as in you the player or as in  character in the game?

If you are talking about a second player that joins you for some co op than it won't save unless it's an online friend.

If you are talking about a character and leveling up, i believe on the character select screen you can press up / down to select your character and progress is saved for those.

I'm only started playing it yesterday and only play when my co op buddy is there as i feel this game is buidl for co op and not single player.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (2,876 Views)
0 Kudos

This horrible. I would not have bought the game if I knew. I have played all the previous versions with my kids. We each save a game and play through the levels separately, typically at different difficulty levels.

No save feature? Lazy game devs scooping cash on a once great franchise.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (1,611 Views)
0 Kudos