Action & Adventure: General

20 Jan 2012
By: Wretched_Hawk Beta Tester 9224 Posts
Level 5

Resident Evil 6

[ Edited ]
337 Replies 1849 Views edited 11-10-2012

RESIDENT EVIL 6

Hi everyone and welcome to the official Resident Evil 6 Thread! Now that the game is out be sure to jump in here and share your feedback, your thoughts and most of all your fave moments!

To take part in our Resident Evil 6 Community Challenege Event click the link below!

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Action-Adventure-General/Resident-Evil-6-Weekly-Community-Cha...

Re61.jpg

Also, to discuss everything else Resident Evil related please click the link below!

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Action-Adventure-General/The-Official-Resident-Evil-Discussio...

For more info please click here!

October 2012, the virus spreads to PS3.

DISCLAIMER:  Please note that the following videos contains adult content, viewer discretion is advised.

The Trailer!!

For more information about Resident Evil 6 you can check out the wikipedia page, the official Japanese website or the official Resident Evil website and there's always the official Facebook page.

Also: https://twitter.com/#!/RE_games & https://plus.google.com/u/0/112810634433991706438/posts#112810634433991706438/posts

Related Articles:

The most ambitious game in the series! - Now Gamer

Chris Redfield, Leon S. Kennedy, and a zombie President! - Metro

How Resident Evil 6 should evolve - Daily Collegian

Capcom's 'largest-scale production' ever - CVG

GAME PREVIEW! - Kotaku

So, your thoughts? Also feel free to post any links to news/updates you find, makes it easier to keep this first post updated... thanks guys! :smileyhappy:

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 338 (1,849 Views)
Level 9

Re: Resident Evil 6

Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield *girly scream* This is going to be awesome! Might splash out on whatever over priced special editions appear :smileyvery-happy:

Assassin's Unite - Event NightAssassin's Creed IV Black FlagPS4Killzone ShadowfallFFXIV A Realm Reborn
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 338 (1,842 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Massively looking forward to this and Operation Raccon City now. Been a massive Resident Evil fan since I was  8 - 10 years old (Horror games don't scare me)

Me and my Co-op partner are going to tank this like bosses, going to do the hardest difficultly with just pistols, like we did on Resident Evil 5 :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 338 (1,828 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm glad it's moving back to zombies again. This looks better than the last game already.

As much as I loved the gameplay of RE4. I really disliked the the ganadoes & the more action packed gameplay. Although this looks more action packed again, It still looks good with the zombies. It does seem a like ''Gear of War'' time gameplay in the video, but I have high hopes for it.

I still have hopes that some day a remake of RE2 will come out. The remake of RE1 on the Gamecube was great, & easily one of the last greats of the ''survival horror'' genre...RE Zero was ok to haha.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 338 (1,816 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I really enjoyed 4 and had a good fun time with 5 so 'm quite looking forward to this one, visually it looks like it could be a real stunner especially as there is still some time to until release which allows for a lot of spit & polish.

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 338 (1,796 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Cringles88 wrote:

I'm glad it's moving back to zombies again. This looks better than the last game already.

As much as I loved the gameplay of RE4. I really disliked the the ganadoes & the more action packed gameplay. Although this looks more action packed again, It still looks good with the zombies. It does seem a like ''Gear of War'' time gameplay in the video, but I have high hopes for it.

I still have hopes that some day a remake of RE2 will come out. The remake of RE1 on the Gamecube was great, & easily one of the last greats of the ''survival horror'' genre...RE Zero was ok to haha.

Older games were classed as 'survival horror', later entries as 'action horror', and this one is getting tags as 'dramatic horror', so I'm picking that Uncharted 3 style, heart thumping, seat of your pants sort of game presentation... I mean, RE5 was more action than survival, but at no time did it have me caring for it's characters or swallowed into the game, like the Uncharted 3 did... The darker, urban, night settings probably help in this one too..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 338 (1,785 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

same clunky/clumsy movement i see.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 338 (1,750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Looks like each character might have a different play style. Leon seems to be run and shoot. Chris looks more like team based duck and cover kind of system. And then the 3rd looks like a devil may cry hack and slash melee combat.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 338 (1,721 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Seems very good RE6 but last summer i see one news, capcom told RE6 will be worked out of 5 years for new released (more or less 5 years) for change all system and controls... news from multiplayer.it :smileyvery-happy: big site but my questions is... what the hell now? why capcom cut time for work on RE6? i think capcom for take time for finish RE6 will be released new RE like outbreak series, but maybe capcom change idea and can't wait for ps4. For RE6 i hope capcom use a better system for co-op and leave split-screen if is it the same of RE5 and work better on the game :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 338 (1,713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

More details on Resident Evil 6 emerged over the weekend, shedding a little light on what we can expect from Capcom's latest iteration of the venerable horror series.

First comes the news that the game will support two-player offline co-op, up to six players for online co-op and up to eight players for another online multiplayer mode. The details, unconfirmed by Capcom but almost certainly on the money, come from the game's Xbox.com listing.

Beyond that we've got some tasty little titbits via the game's official Twitter page. Engaging with fan interest, the account has said that the game has been in development for 2 years and features an "overhauled" control scheme, featuring "a number of new elements."

It also revealed that the zombies are "unlike any in past Resident Evil games" and that "There will certainly be a survival horror element to the game, mixed in with classic Resident Evil moments."

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-5653-Six-player-Online-Co-Op--EIght-player-Online-Multiplayer-f...

The last comment 'might' have my attention a little bit more now.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 338 (1,707 Views)