on 05-05-2012 02:58 PM
"Resident Evil 6 retains a global release date but now it will be out on PS3 and Xbox on October the 2nd with the PC release date to follow some time soon(ish)."
on 10-05-2012 10:18 PM
Resident Evil 6 is set for release on October 2nd, 2012 and we couldn’t be more excited to get our hands on the title. We’ve got some new info and screenshots to keep you up to date with the latest in Capcom’s highly anticipated installment.
- The C-Virus will be the new ultimate “bio-weapon” in this title.
- Zombies will now wield axes, pipes and guns. If properly disarmed, these can be used against them.
- Zombies can now dash, jump and climb.
- Players can move and shoot, run into cover and dive onto the ground and fire while on their backs.
- All new Mercenaries Mode is available Day 1 for everybody, no DLC stipulations.
- Mercenaries Mode will be Capcom’s boldest, most expansive mode yet
- A tramatic event occurs in Chris Redfield’s life during his mission in Lianshang, China. This completely changes his personality to a more cryptic and pessimistic Chris Redfield.
- Ada Wong is somehow responsible for the Tragic event in China, which sets Chris on a rampage after her.
- Wesker’s son’s name is Jake Muller, who is a mercenary fighting in Europe with the goal of earning cash for him and his mother.
- Jake is immune to the current viral outbreak and is contacted by Sherry Birkin in attempt to convince him to help save the world from the recent catastrophe.
- There are 3 seperate campaigns combined in one story, all taking place across the globe: Sherry and Jake, Leon, and Chris.
- Leon’s first mission, taking place in a University, will be a throwback to the original RE games in which horror and atmospheric tension are the key elements in place.
on 13-05-2012 09:31 PM
Why do some think zombies with guns is an epic fail?
I mean in any other game it would be fail, but this is the resi universe.
Didn´t Umbrella want super intellegant B.O.W `s`?
We´re just lucky that they don´t know how drive planes and tanks XD
14-05-2012 01:26 AM - edited 14-05-2012 01:30 AM
Zombies weren't specifically designed by umbrella though, they were just a bi-product of the t-virus.
I have to agree with the statement of arming zombies with guns being a fail too. Part of the dread of the GOOD RE games was you never wanted the zombies near you. Giving them guns will negate that. Who actually found the 'zombies' in RE5 with crossbows scary? They were just a mild irritation. This game sounds like its shaping up to be just another 3rd person shooter with the RE name slapped on it to guarantee fan boy sales. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though, but I'm not banking on anything spectacular.
on 14-05-2012 06:28 AM
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]