19 Dec 2008
Playstation Staff

Tomb raider SUCKS

13 Replies 3,861 Views Created 19-12-2008
How on earth did they expect to win a fan base with this pathetic excuse for a game . Its just dodgy controls & the randomist of puzzles.Its only saving grace is the graphics which are quite nice.My suggestion is get uncharted for a more rounded adventure.

My Podcast - http://mrvinny000.podbean.com/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (3,861 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Tomb raider SUCKS

tomb raider already has a huge fanbase
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (3,827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Guess I'll find out on Crimbo Day when the big fat man in the red suit drops it off.
jelly sig dads
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (3,820 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Lol just because the puzzles are too hard for you doesn't mean they're bad. They're actually very well thought out and put together. Very logical.

It's a good game which was unfortunately very poorly ported to the PS3 (of the 3 current-gen versions PS3 has the most problems). Also Uncharted is very much a 3rd person shooter whereas this game focuses on adventuring, making them very different and you can't really compare them or say one is "better" since they're almost different genres entirely.     

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (3,800 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This game would've been a major hit with me, if it werent for the horrendous framerates which have put me off it altogether as they are that bad. The controls are slightly dodgy, but only during gunplay really. If you are gonna get this, get it on 360 if you have one, as its much better.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (3,800 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

As the person above said, the framerate is poor sometimes & puts me off. I am a Tomb Raider fan (yes, even the recent titles) & I think Underworld is a good game but I have to say, Uncharted feels much more polished.

I know they have thier differences but I think Uncharted is pretty much a refined modern-day Tomb Raider. That said, I don't think it sucks but it's flawed without doubt.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (3,796 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Amost bought this yesterday but went for Fallout 3 at £28 and Uncharted and Resistance : Fall of Man for £30 from Zavvi.

Is it reallt that bad ??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (3,786 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Nimrod424 wrote:

Amost bought this yesterday but went for Fallout 3 at £28 and Uncharted and Resistance : Fall of Man for £30 from Zavvi.

Is it reallt that bad ??

no its a class game, sometimes the camera angle can be a bit difficult but otherwise its a very good game.

oh and HMV are doing fallout 3 for £19.99 at the moment...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (3,781 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

oh and people don't compare it to uncharted, whereas uncharted prides itself on action minus the exploring, tomb raider prides itself on exploring and less action, both games are awesome and it you like your action adventure games, you'll appreciate both
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (3,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

GAMEStm gave it an 8/10 (same as Resistance2 n that game is mint)... nuff said... getting
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein ... Avatar by vwrmic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (3,761 Views)
0 Kudos