on 11-04-2012 05:21 PM
To give you a better idea of how your feedback is used please see the link below!
Bascially what I need is for you all to answer the questiosn below, the best answers will be gathered up and used for a new Trophy cabinet article! As you can see its a good chance to get your name listed alongside your fave games on PlayStation.com!
Please get your answers in this thread before April the 23rd!
on 11-04-2012 05:46 PM
1. Follow trophy requirements
2. It was pretty difficult mainly due to hardcore mode seeing as that includes you doing long run-through of game!, but now looking back apart from hardcore trophy it was pretty easy!
3. I love Dead Space series mainly because of the atmosphere they have set in the game. Alone (most of the time) in space with necromorphs out to kill and getting stronger and better as story goes on, hallucinating about Nicole, and seeing a place start from a safe place to live to a horrible scary place that you do not want to stay on!
Sounds, making you fearful as to what's about to come, but also nursery rhymes being made from a happy sounding song to something more dark and scary but most of all the jumps
I also think the story is, well writing and played out in game. The whole back story of the marker and the evil/secretive religion 'Unitology', also with the film tie ins give you a good in depth detail of the Dead space story, answering most un answered questions/thought you may of had playing Dead space Games!
Trophies was great seeing as none of them had online requirements (Thank you visceral games) but it was challenge as well which made it good
4. Just take it easy most of it are story related, and some include looking about a bit. As for hardcore mode...good luck and set aside a few hours cause it will take time, seeing as each chapter is pretty long and game only lets you save 3 times and do not rush it.
hope it was clear to read
11-04-2012 05:50 PM - edited 11-04-2012 06:14 PM
For me Dead Space 2 was a very satisfying Platinum Trophy. I earned it through knowledge, cunning and overall, no fear
None of the trophies were difficult to get for me, as i'm used to 3rd person shooters, and most of all, survival horror. i practically gew up around survival horror. the only difficult trophy was Hardcore, with the whole '3 saves only' but i planned my saves accordingly and completed it earning me the Foam Finger Hand Cannon (I HAVE THIS!!!!!). you also did not want to feel my heartbeat when *spoilers* attempting the eye poke machine, lets just say my heart never beated so fast, it was so exhilarating! Zealot Mode is really just a very hard mode, enemies sponge, less ammo and heatlh, but with hand cannon in hand (see what i did thar!) i practically flew through it, completing Zealot mode in 4 hours 30 mins
The one thing i like about the trophies is that there were no tedious ones, and especially no multiplayer ones! which is a shame as i saw potental in the MP. they were practically straight up - some unmissible story trophies, weapon trophies and some little easter egg trophies. there were some missible ones
and for my advice i have 2 great pieces
First off buy Dead Space Ignition. A DS Ign save file will unlock special items in DS2, things from extra health and ammo items, and the most important pieces of equipment - the Hacker Suit and the Hacker Contact Beam Rifle. you get them early on the game and can practically turn the tide in your favour
and finally, download a US Version Dead Space 1 savefile to unlock the Refurbished Plasma Cutter
here is more info on why to do this option, copied from what i said over on PS3T.org a while back -
As you know, the special DS1 Unlock, the Refurbished Plasma Cutter, is great in many ways; some people say its the choice of weapon for Dead Space veterans, others say its just another weapon, but I say that its definitaly a great help on hardcore (For people in the EU like myself - just download a US DS1 Savefile from the internet, the game will recognise it and you'll unlock the Cutter) how may you ask? well:
although the standard plasma cutter and the refurbished one share the same upgrade path, they don't share the same ammo count.
like for example, the standard has 10 shots when you get it, so does the refurbished. if you use up 10 in one, don't reload it, just stick to the other cutter.
when you get to a upgrade bench, and can upgrade the capacity of the gun, if you have both cutters in your inventory (1 empty, or both empty [preferred]) and upgrade the capacity, not only will your standard cutter have full ammo, but your other cutter too! practically giving you more ammo to help with Hardcore!
I know its not member of the month material, but its still a great help
This will also work with any Plasma Cutter from any of the DLC Pack's
EDIT: Something else I'd like to add:
if your Refurbished plasma cutter is empty and you are next to a store, simply sell your RPC to the store, then buy it back (it'll always be 0 credits, regardless of upgraded status) it will be at full ammo! Make sure you still have the Standard Plasma Cutter though, as selling both will cause any nodes attached to be taken off)
this trick will work with any DLC weapon but not the standard plasma cutter, as you have to pay to buy it back (which you should never sell anyway)
thanks for reading and i hope my tips help you to plat this game
on 12-04-2012 05:05 PM
The Dead Space franchise is awesome, so buying and shooting for the platinum on #2 was a no brainer.I loved the fact that pretty much all the trophies occured naturally without too much grinding. My favourite trophy was the one for completing the game with only 3 saves.
That trophy single handedly elevated the platinum from "just another platinum" status to one to be proud of. That trophy separated the men-Isaacs from the boy-Isaacs and brought a touch of what draws people to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Namely that failure has consequence beyond just replaying the last minute or so. It was perfect for a survival horror game because without consequence there is no fear of death to lend weight to the survival aspect.
The horror aspect comes from things like the eye poke machine, which still makes me wince when I remember it
Tips? Don't rush and sensible resource management from the very start really makes the game a lot easier at the end.
on 12-04-2012 06:45 PM
19-04-2012 01:45 PM - edited 19-04-2012 01:53 PM
This single hardest trophy in the game has to be completing the game on hardcore mode, and when its best to save as you can only save 3 times in the entire game. I personally saved at chapters 4, 9, 13, these where mainly before hard sections of the game where i had a good feeling it was possible that the inevitable will happen and you die(and i did many times lol). Its mainly the middle stint that the hardest to chapter 13 from there levels are short and most of it can just be run past.
This is what i did when i got the game.
1. Complete on either easy or normal you may get a lot of the trophies just from playing and completing it.
2. New Game + finish off the rest of your trophies that don't require the difficulty change ie: maxing out all the weapons and your suit and and weapon kills and so on.
3. Then do another New Game + But this time on hard setting now as you have all your stuff maxed out and the best armour plus you will have a lot of items like health pack and ammo stored up it makes for a much easier run on hard.
4. Now you should be just left with as i stated above hardcore mode. You cannot use new game + on the setting. This is what makes is so hard, plus the fact that enemies drop fewer items than on other settings. Been as though you may have played the game through about 3 times now you should have a good idea on where its best for you to save and the weapons you will need(Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, Force Gun is all i used). Same goes for Power Nodes as well you should have a good idea where all the free power nodes are throughout the game. You don't want be wasting power nodes, you will need to max out you stasis and the max HP for your suit don't bother with air you get about 2 min of air before you get in trouble and that is more than enough but there is usually a O2 canister nearby if you need it. As for the Plasma Cutter and Contact Beam its very important to get the SP attack ASAP and then add on to the dmg and cap and so on after. As for the Force Gun i just add mainly to dmg but its main purpose is for keeping enemies at bay but its not so great on the harder enemies.
So i hope that helps.
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]