gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress

Broken Sword HD Collection

119 Replies 2,936 Views Created 27-04-2012
27 Apr 2012
By gazberotten

So who would be in full support of seeing a HD Collection of Broken Sword which would include the following

• Broken Sword The Shadow Of The Templars
  • Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror
  • Broken Sword 3 The Sleeping Dragon
  • Broken Sword 4 The Angel Of Death

The fourth game would be a bonus for Playstation owners since it has never appeared on Playstation and im sure Broken Sword Fans would love to see this as well as people looking for a decent point and click adventure on the PS3.

Would be well worth having on PS3.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

sod it! I'm going to play them again on my lappy

I hope you people are happy with yourselves I'm going to lose hours of my life again :D

Great news on BS5 :D

Sony better let them in :O

0 Kudos

Re: Broken Sword HD Collection

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

taurus82

84%
02 Rank
Progress
taurus82
Accepted Solution
@tonywarriner

Could you not just port the PC versions of BS HD, BSII Remastered, Sleeping Dragon and Angel of Death?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tonywarriner

24%
02 Rank
Progress
tonywarriner
Accepted Solution

>Could you not just port the PC versions of BS HD, BSII Remastered,

these are still low res

>Sleeping Dragon and Angel of Death?

both would need new 3d rendering engines, and reworked UI's... we could do that, or we could write the new game :) Rev is a tiny company

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Please can you consider contacting sony and rewriting the games with a new improved 3d rendering enging and reworked ui. Im sure enough people will buy the revamped Broken Sword 1,2,3,4 games and with the Playstation 3 Blu Ray capacity size wont be an issue plus you have the hard drive as well to use.

Even if you have to make a new engine and reworked Ui with Broken Sword 1 2 and 3 it would be worth it. You could also make some updates and additions to them which would add as an extra bonus for the HD collection with the Playstation 3.

Or failing that Broken Sword 5 would do. By the way a long while back George Stobbart ahem i mean Rolf Saxon posted a hint Broken Sword 5 was in the works is this true?

Also if you are doing a Broken Sword 5 any chance of bringing a lot of the previous charicters back like dwayne,pearl,nejo,twenty the dog,Andre lobinou,the geandamne,sgt mouve, mr gleease,lopez, the countess of spain and many other forgotten charicters

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
@Tonywarriner, great to hear from a dev of a beloved game! Just a quick question though, would it be possible for the PS1 versions (and PS2 Sleeping Dragon) to come to the console as "Classics", i.e. original resolutions, just run on the PS1 / PS2 emulator on the PS3? obviously, its Sony that have to ask initially, but theoretically, could it be done? I dont care if its HD or not, i just love Broken Sword (talking goat in BS2 - love it!).
0 Kudos

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

They could do that also. The playstation would bennefit from this so would Revolution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
In all honesty Gaz, i personally would prefer BS to appear as classics, as they will be able across more formats (PS3, PSP and PSVita - once PSOne classics are working on it, of course)
0 Kudos

PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

If Sony have any sense they will do this and also give us a new Broken Sword Game. They have no excuse since they did two for the Playstation One For the Playstation 2 so they can give us one for the Playstation 3

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

taurus82

84%
02 Rank
Progress
taurus82
Accepted Solution

The only problem I see is that BS 1&2 on PS1 were released before the dual-analogue pad was released, so it only has d-pad and Official PlayStation Mouse (I have no idea if this is PS3 compatible) support.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

@ taurus82 You can still use the PS3 pad as a Playstation 1 pad anyway and can turn that off regaurdless

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

taurus82

84%
02 Rank
Progress
taurus82
Accepted Solution

@gazberotten

I was referring to the inherent problem that all psone classics have, in that you can't use control methods (such as the more comfortable analogue sticks) that the original discs did not support.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Well if they where added on PSN any additions could easily be made since its data thats downloaded onto the PS3 hard disc.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

charcecil

22%
02 Rank
Progress
charcecil
Accepted Solution

Thank you for your posts. It is incredibly flattering to have this level of interest. 

The first two Broken Sword games were created at 640*400 and (idiotically) we didn't take archiving very seriously. At the time, I couldn't imagine ever needing the digital assets and over the years things got thrown away / lost. We did have the original music and were able to improve the graphics for the remastered versions, but not to HD quality.

So we had a choice: re-create the graphics, which we did consider, or focus on creating new games - we don't have the resource or funds to do both. We have decided on the latter.  For our new games, which will be HD, we will certainly aim to release on PS3. Maybe we will bring the earlier games across in HD at some point in the future, but this is not something that we are currently working on. 

Hope this answers this question and thanks, once again, for your enthusiasm. 

Charles Cecil

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Interesting so Charles would you consider making a new Broken Sword for the Playstation 3 as im sure many of us want to see a new Title and it has been some time since Broken Sword 4. To be honnest we could all use a new Broken Sword Title or is this out of the question?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
90%
13 Rank
Progress
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

charcecil wrote:

Thank you for your posts. It is incredibly flattering to have this level of interest. 

The first two Broken Sword games were created at 640*400 and (idiotically) we didn't take archiving very seriously. At the time, I couldn't imagine ever needing the digital assets and over the years things got thrown away / lost. We did have the original music and were able to improve the graphics for the remastered versions, but not to HD quality.

So we had a choice: re-create the graphics, which we did consider, or focus on creating new games - we don't have the resource or funds to do both. We have decided on the latter.  For our new games, which will be HD, we will certainly aim to release on PS3. Maybe we will bring the earlier games across in HD at some point in the future, but this is not something that we are currently working on. 

Hope this answers this question and thanks, once again, for your enthusiasm. 

Charles Cecil

Charles, if there are to be new incarnations then please keep it to classic Broken Sword 2D imagery !

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Why not just make a new Broken Sword title for the Playstation 3. Its been years since we saw a new title for the Playstation Brand and that was the Broken Sword 3 The  Sleeping Dragon which was released on September 2004. Its now been 8 years since we have even seen a new Broken Sword title for the Playstation 2 brand and thats way way to long for people to wait even for Revoulution.

What the Playstation 3 needs is a new Broken Sword for it. They gave us two new Broken Swords for the Playstation 1 which where Broken Sword The Shadow Of The Templars and Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror. Then the Playstation 2 saw Broken Sword 3 The Sleeping Dragon. So it makes no sense to break the pattern now especially with the Playstation 3.

In fact there is nothig stopping Sony and Revolution from getting us a new Broken Sword title so they both should be in contact with each other negotiating now. And lets hope its 3D as the graphics would be better the game would perform better and it would be a much smoother game to play.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
@ Gaz
It depends on how successful commercially the franchise has been on the PlayStation. Alot of people skipped Sleeping Dragon because of its lack of "point and click" mechanics, which could have damaged sales. If it doesnt work out financially viable, then thats what Sony and Revolution decide. Of course, i would love to see another Broken Sword game on the PlayStation, but does the hardware of traditional consoles really work for point-and-click games? on the PS1 versions, i had the PSMouse, so that wasnt an issue as such. I know the analogue sticks will be the "mouse" but its not as precise as a mouse, so im not 100%... would still love to see BS on the PS3 / PSVita, but only time will tell...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Directly from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Cecil

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars are often both referred to as one of the best adventures of all time, appearing on numerous "top" adventure game lists and receiving several awards and nominations. Sales of Broken Sword 1 and 2 have made over $100 million USD and have sold over 3 million copies worldwide. New versions were downloaded by over 4 million people in 2011

Thats the first two games Number 3 and 4  have sold quite well and revolution of there own website admit they have had strong sales

" Strong sales have allowed us to self-fund our next adventure game which will be completed around the middle of 2012. This is an exciting opportunity for us and we thank you for your support throughout the year which has allowed us to do this. Once we’re sure of the completion date, and have decided on the name, we’ll let you know. Thanks for your patience."

http://revolution.co.uk/

So a new Broken Sword would actually be very profitable for them and would help Sony sell more PS3's to Broken Sword Fans and theres millions of them.

Interesting how a member of staff from Sony's Playstation brand hasnt comented on this thread yet.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
Fair enough!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

@

would it be okay for me to add you on PSN. We can play some games online.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
yeah thats cool mate
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel