10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Just Cause 2 wadaya rekon?

[ Edited ]
61 Replies 1,405 Views edited 04-03-2010

WOW having so much fun shooting the gas bottles lol but i've only just put it on, Its definitely high on my list now considering I thought the first game was a bit 'meh' as well :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Rubber-Duckie74

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rubber-Duckie74
Accepted Solution

In a word....FUN!

IMO, lol.

0 Kudos

Re: Just Cause 2 wada rekon?

/16

KR1ST0F3R

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KR1ST0F3R
Accepted Solution

most anticipated game of this year.

awesome

0 Kudos

/16

addyjones1234

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
addyjones1234
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Twitter user and editor on EverythingPlaystation.com. Click my sig to take a look at EPS or my twitter!
/16

jcs1984

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jcs1984
Accepted Solution

average

dont see the point in having such a huge map when theres sod all in it. As already said i didnt like the blurryness either and  the objectives didnt seem to clear.

i'll play the demo again and maybe get it when its cheap

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

BAZ1307

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAZ1307
Accepted Solution

It was really very good, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Although the choice of map for the Demo was a bit dumb I thought. The game really stands out in the city areas/tropical areas whereas the desert area is naff/boring/dull, also it's really blurry because of the heat waves and sand. :(

I liked the use of the grapple hook in that I could attach to a building, turn around and spray a few bullets at enemies and grapple somewhere else before I start becoming an easy target. There's just so many uses for it, and it makes the game a whole lot of fun. The racing missions will be fun on land and sea because the controls were pretty good IMO, although flying that plane was a little tricky. :(

The graphics were excellent I thought; the draw distance was amazing, framerate was constantly smooth and aliasing was not a problem. Even when things on the screen became hectic, the game managed perfectly fine and stayed smooth. :O

This is definitely a game I'm happy to have preordered and I absolutely can't wait until the game's release. :D

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

boffin92

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boffin92
Accepted Solution

BAZ1307 wrote:

I liked the use of the grapple hook in that I could attach to a building, turn around and spray a few bullets at enemies and grapple somewhere else before I start becoming an easy target. There's just so many uses for it, and it makes the game a whole lot of fun. The racing missions will be fun on land and sea because the controls were pretty good IMO, although flying that plane was a little tricky.

This is definitely a game I'm happy to have preordered and I absolutely can't wait until the game's release. :D

There's a plane in the demo? :o
Where is it?

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

boffin92 wrote:

BAZ1307 wrote:

I liked the use of the grapple hook in that I could attach to a building, turn around and spray a few bullets at enemies and grapple somewhere else before I start becoming an easy target. There's just so many uses for it, and it makes the game a whole lot of fun. The racing missions will be fun on land and sea because the controls were pretty good IMO, although flying that plane was a little tricky.

Where is it?

Once you cause enough Chaos, one of the two missions you get involves flying a plane around some rings.

0 Kudos

/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

Eurogamer have just done a side by side comparison for the 2 platforms and it seems that the PS comes out top!

Looks a great game, even better if i could get my brat of a son off it...***** j00 child!!!!

0 Kudos

/16

SMG-UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SMG-UK
Accepted Solution

I downloaded the demo last night and also found it alot of fun, I don't like GTA games but this reminds me more of Mercenaries and i liked them games.

The 30 Min time limit is a bit annoying though as i don't actually want to do the missions in the demo i just wanna go around and think of things to do lol.

And also i agree the area of the demo is a bit empty compared to what the full game looks like. ( i guess they don't wanna give to much away in the demo)

I have found 3 different helicopters so far one is at the main military base on a landing pad and it has rockets and miniguns then they sent a helicopter after me which was slightly smaller and only has mini guns and then on top of a large mansion near where one of the main people you have to kill is a general something well theres a large transport helicopter but i did'nt get to fly it because it got blown up :(.

Theres also a landing strip not far from that mansion that has a small plane.

Looks like i might be Pre-Ordering this game :D

0 Kudos

/16

BADcloud9

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BADcloud9
Accepted Solution
I was pleasantly surprised by it. Didn't play the first one and after hearing about the grappling hook thought it sounded a bit of a gimmick. But it works quite well. If Bionic Commando played a bit more like this I reckon it would have sold better. I'm haven't really bothered doing any of the missions, I just keep going round causing chaos and messing with the hook.

Best fun I had so far was taking a trip to a small outpost in the mountains, finding a small tank, stunt jumping it all the way do said mountain, then ending up at an oil refinery and blowing it to kingdom come. And also attaching a soldier to a gas tank and watching them take of is wicked cool :-)
0 Kudos

BADcloud9 Trophy Card
Beta Tester
/16

evret

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
evret
Accepted Solution

this game is awesome, i didnt think they would allow so much freedom in the demo, i mean yes there is a 30min timer and "out of bounds" areas, but i wasn't expecting the black market to b in the demo. purchase the remote explosives asap and they really add a lot more options. you can also get a bike or chopper dropped at your location in the demo (once you've caused enough caos)
after allowing the first 30 mins to get used to all the controls i think they work really well.
you cant shoot while inside a vehicle (unless the vehicle has it's own mounted weapons), but you can from a bike.
imo it doesn't really matter coz you can stand on top of it and shoot then open your chute b4 you crash (or get back in).
i really like that the devs kicked realism to the curb and focused on fun gameplay- i mean jumping from one vehicle to another often looks pretty bad, but it certainly opens up more gameplay choices.

didn't think it was possible, but i'm now looking forward to this game even more, i've only played the demo 20ish times in the last 2 days........:P

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

SMG-UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SMG-UK
Accepted Solution

lol yeah i need to have some more playthroughs of the demo i'm sure theres alot even on the demo that i've not done yet.

Heres hoping that the next Just Cause adds Multiplayer or at least a online Co-Op even if it was just you and 1 other mate going around causing mayhem and every now and again just turning on your mate like attaching him to one of them propane bottles and shooting him off into the air lol

0 Kudos

/16

sp33dking89

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sp33dking89
Accepted Solution

boffin92 wrote:

BAZ1307 wrote:

Where is it?

X: 6572 Y: 25964

It's Between the Vllage near the top and The Commanders Mansion. Also where you do a plane Race if you get enough Chaos Stuff.

0 Kudos

/16

chimpskylark

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chimpskylark
Accepted Solution

Ahah first time I saw thi I was like "what was the Wadaya recon?"

Anywho: I liked the demo alot! Highights for me were riding gas canisters into the sky like rockets, higjacking helicopters in flight and mastering the planes! A hint for the future: Helicopters with miniguns pwn those commander guys! (Really strong enemies that theres only one of in the demo)

0 Kudos

/16

boffin92

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
boffin92
Accepted Solution

There's one thing that would be really cool and that's an online free roam mode with friends, so you and your friends could cause chaos together.

There doesn't really have to be a multiplayer mode, I don't think there really needs to be one, a free roam mode would probably cover both simply having fun and a co-op mode as it's so open ended.

I can't see any reason why just that can't go into the game, with exception to technical difficulties.

:)

0 Kudos

/16

jcs1984

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jcs1984
Accepted Solution
well i've play the demo a few times now and have changed my mind on it.

actually finding it quite fun now and have preordered plus its out on my birthday :)
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

Found a car with guns, *dances*

X = 6421 *ish*

Y =24382 *ish*

Sometimes it doesnt have guns, other times it does, seems to just be luck based.

0 Kudos

/16

karlosswan

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
karlosswan
Accepted Solution

Loving the demo but cant for the life of me work out how to hook on to a gas cannister and fly off with it.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

eastavenge

• Beta Tester
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eastavenge
Accepted Solution
With the gas cannister - Shoot it then grapple towards the top. I didnt get it at first, but aim near the top and tap L1.

Oh and i also know that you can grapple on to it first, and then shoot it.
0 Kudos

/16

Couroux

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Couroux
Accepted Solution

That works, and if you didn't know you can press and hold L1 on an enemy and let go on a cannister and then shoot the cannister. This also applies to enemies and vehicles!

0 Kudos

/16

karlosswan

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
karlosswan
Accepted Solution

I really enjoyed it!!! Was fun like prototype is fun.

As long as the game has more variety of things to do than the first one i will be happy.

And i enjoyed it more once i realised I could change the firing buttons from L2/R2 to L1/R1

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel