Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 174

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

15 Aug 2011
By CrustyJockStrap

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Lollipop Chainsaw

[ Edited ]
126 Replies 1,094 Views edited 08-06-2012

 LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW

 

 

lollipop-chainsaw-ps3-box.jpg

 

 

For more info click here!

 

Or visit the official website here!

 

Or try the wikipedia page here!

 

And you can check out the guy behind this game here! James Gunn made one of my fave films in Super and he was one of the guys behind the Dawn of the Dead remake.

 

Soundtrack info can be found here! And some Pre-order costume info is available here!

 

 

 Check out a selection of videos for the game below...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You can also view images for the game here, here & here!

 

You can also follow James Gunn on Twitter here & the director of the game Suda51 here!

LABELS:

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Flying High!
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Wretched_Hawk wrote:

I updated the first page/post.

 

here is some of the stuff I put in and also some new stuff :)

 

Photo Gallerys:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/lollipop-chainsaw-cheers-her-way-out -west-summer/images/140324

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lollipop-Chainsaw-Out-in-June-Gets-New-Screenshots-257363.shtml

http://games.yahoo.com/photos/spring-games-guide-2012-1331934508-slideshow/lollipop-chainsaw-photo-1...

 

Twitter pages to follow:

http://twitter.com/#!/suda_51

http://twitter.com/#!/JamesGunn

 

New bits & bobs:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/167990/Grasshoppers_Suda_on_Lollipop_Chainsaw_and_the_new_media_l...

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/295705,lollipop-chainsaws-soundtrack-is-eclectic.aspx

 

 



LOL Genius marketing there in that Zombi-gone spoof washing detergent commecial . Zero game footage, but just stick a vaccantly cute blonde in the video with big boobs and this will make the game sell. Im betting this game will be dire but will be successful in terms of sales purely because of the TITular character. I bet some guys actually buy it just because theres a pic of a large breasted cheer leader on the box.Not exactly a new concept though in gaming. I mean look at Tomb raider, one of the most over rated game series ever but sold well because lara had big boobs on the box.

Re: lollipop chainsaw

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace wrote:

...I bet some guys actually buy it just because theres a pic of a large breasted cheer leader on the box.Not exactly a new concept though in gaming. I mean look at Tomb raider, one of the most over rated game series ever but sold well because lara had big boobs on the box.


Let's not forget the gratuitous up-skirt camera...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

I missed that...... *watches again*  lol

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Furys-embrace wrote:

I missed that...... *watches again*  lol



Oh, you misunderstand me lol...it's not unique to that trailer. I believe they using it as an actual USP :smileyembarrassed:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Hmmm... I think things have to be taken in context. There is a lot of background to this game and what had happened before the marketing started i.e. how big the cosplay & fan reaction was and how it fed in to and led some of the stuff you're now seeing.

 

Its a tad unfair to just judge something or someone based on one ad without realising why its been done that way and not knowing the background. That said I can see why certain things would be thought by anyone whose first look at the game was that ad for example.

 

I have a fairly loose connection to the guy behind this game, his previous works and the kind of stuff he's known for. In that context it all kind of fits together.

 

What I find off is when a game that uses this kind of promotion totally out of context, i.e. a WW2 FPS using scantily clad booth girls etc, there is no connection at all and it just seems totally off.

 

That said each to their own and obviously I have a slight bias - personally I am hoping the game will be simply a good laugh. To show the kind of game I can enjoy do know that this week I have been playing Puss in Boots... a lot... I think its great :D

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Flying High!
07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Is this guy you speak of, Suda51. His track record in gaming is hardly impressive imo. You're quite right however this marketing campaign is in context. Trashy adverts to go with a trashy game. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

There is a difference between something being trashy and something being intended to be trashy - one sets out to be i.e. to parody etc and the other quite sadly doesn't realise it is.

 

This is a game you have yet to play, there are no reviews out there and you mis-understand the context which to be fair wouldn't be fair on any work of someone that was in production.

 

There is a difference between saying that looks bad and that is bad etc.

 

As I said each to their own. You may find though that as I said some aspects of the stuff behind this have been fan led, also I wasn't talking about Suda but the actual guy behind the whole project who created one of my fave films of all time.

 

Hmmm... it really is each to there own, its all in the eye of the beholder. Some folk who play/buy this game may find FPS games trashy as they glorify war or death whilst others may have no interest in MMOs and more social stuff like our very own Home which some folk who just play one game ina while might look down their noses at as a waste of time or worse.

 

All unfair if the person actually never plays them or knows them - its that Daily Mail kind of mentality.

 

As I said I hope it'll turn out well, but then I'd hope most peoples creations turn out well. If it doesn't and is poor or negatively trashy without any kind of social comment mixed with pastiche etc then I'll be one of the first to say so and that I was disappointed.

 

Anyhow cheers... I'm by no means having a moan at ya, quite pleased to have a reason to actually converse on here in more than a few lines which I don't always have time to do. Its an interesting topic, treading that fine line.. I grew up basically in a video shop so I'm use to the negative perceptions of certain genres, the stigma and the issues surrounding them and sadly those titles which do no on any favours.... right its late & I'm very tired and blabbering :D Only popped on to update my Guess Who? thread as well :D

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Flying High!
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

I was replying within this context...

 


IGN wrote:

IGN: Where'd your inspiration for Lollipop Chainsaw come from?

Suda51: Of course, the inspiration for this game came to me while in the bathroom… with the spray nozzle.
IGN: Finally, at PAX, the Lollipop Chainsaw demo asked me not to take upskirt shots. I followed the instructions, but when I get the game home, can I take upskirt shots?

Suda51: Of course, please enjoy it as much as you'd like. However, Juliet is very athletic and a very careful zombie hunter, so it won't be easy.


I'm not complaining, but it is what it is - yet another zombie game, and yet another game using sexiness to sell to under-sexed males. Hopefully there will be some level of empowerment to attract a female audience too, and it will play half decently...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

07
/16

Furys-embrace

  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Furys-embrace
Accepted Solution

Wretched_Hawk wrote:

There is a difference between something being trashy and something being intended to be trashy - one sets out to be i.e. to parody etc and the other quite sadly doesn't realise it is.

 

This is a game you have yet to play, there are no reviews out there and you mis-understand the context which to be fair wouldn't be fair on any work of someone that was in production.

 

There is a difference between saying that looks bad and that is bad etc.

 

As I said each to their own. You may find though that as I said some aspects of the stuff behind this have been fan led, also I wasn't talking about Suda but the actual guy behind the whole project who created one of my fave films of all time.

 

Hmmm... it really is each to there own, its all in the eye of the beholder. Some folk who play/buy this game may find FPS games trashy as they glorify war or death whilst others may have no interest in MMOs and more social stuff like our very own Home which some folk who just play one game ina while might look down their noses at as a waste of time or worse.

 

All unfair if the person actually never plays them or knows them - its that Daily Mail kind of mentality.

 

As I said I hope it'll turn out well, but then I'd hope most peoples creations turn out well. If it doesn't and is poor or negatively trashy without any kind of social comment mixed with pastiche etc then I'll be one of the first to say so and that I was disappointed.

 

Anyhow cheers... I'm by no means having a moan at ya, quite pleased to have a reason to actually converse on here in more than a few lines which I don't always have time to do. Its an interesting topic, treading that fine line.. I grew up basically in a video shop so I'm use to the negative perceptions of certain genres, the stigma and the issues surrounding them and sadly those titles which do no on any favours.... right its late & I'm very tired and blabbering :D Only popped on to update my Guess Who? thread as well :D



lol no worries Hawk, I never thought you were moaning at me, just defending a work in progress by someone youre a fan of. What I dont understand though is when people say 'ooooooooooo its a suda51 game so it MUST be interesting and original' a sexy sweary cheerleader killing zombies? Thats about as original and interesting as 'call of battlefield modern warfare of honour 15, the played one played them all special edition'. As infinite states says though, it is what it is and sure when I see it in the bargain bin for a tenner about two months after its release i'll check it out as the throw away entertainment it so clearly is.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Shows how tired I was.. I thought I'd replied... silly me!

 

I'm with you on the Suda thing though... one of his old games does still stand up but that's because of the visual aesthetic he used but beyond that his name doesn't make me go 'wow' like you say some others do but then again I'm not even like that with most people I am a fan of.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Flying High!
07
/16

CaptainCortez

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Wretched_Hawk wrote:

Shows how tired I was.. I thought I'd replied... silly me!

 

I'm with you on the Suda thing though... one of his old games does still stand up but that's because of the visual aesthetic he used but beyond that his name doesn't make me go 'wow' like you say some others do but then again I'm not even like that with most people I am a fan of.

 

 


Hmm, I'm a little different here.

 

I actually love Suda's work because I really get his humour. In a sense, I share the same level of humour as him because I seem to love a large majority of his games.

 

I get that he likes to be different. He likes to rebel in the industry by creating questionable and very different games, but there's one thing he always succeeds on doing and that is making an incredibly fun and entertaining game!

 

Suda and Grasshopper Manufacture have some brilliant minds and are a very talented bunch. Sure their games are often flawed, but if you look past that, try to understand what the game is about and take the content in with an open mind, you're pretty much guaranteed to love his titles.

 

I'm a big fan of No More Heroes 1 and 2 and also very much enjoyed Shadows of the Damned (even if the ending was mental and it didn't have much replay value!), so naturally I'm looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw.

 

As a matter of fact, this is the game I've been obsessing over ever since it was first announced and even my grilfriend wants me to get it because she too thinks it looks hilarious. :p

 

Hilarity isn't the main appeal though. There are a lot of elements mixed together that make this look like a hugely promising title. Humour is always something Suda and his team specialise in, but on top of that, there's always a huge focus on style and epicness. The music and fights look so crazily over the top and I think that's something we're missing from the current generation of consoles.

 

Companies don't like to take as many risks as they once did, so we end up with titles that all have the same concept. I mean Call of Duty and Battlefield are always pretty much re-skinned/re-textured versions of their previous releases, but they sell incredibly well so publishers know they're safe when putting their money into such titles.

 

Other titles such as this prove to be more risky and don't often sell as well just because of how different they are, yet these are the most enjoyable titles on offer.

 

I'm a big fan of quirky games myself. God Hand is one of my favourite games, with Okami, Viewtiful Joe, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned and Mad World also being up there. Then we have titles such as Jet Set Radio, SSX Tricky and Timesplitters.

 

These are all great games which consist of humour, have very distinct styles and all offer a very different experience.

 

I don't think it's fair to say a game will be bad just because of the advertisements it may or may not have and in my experience/opinion, I feel it's always better to buy games you're not sure of with an open mind. It's more fun that way and if I hadn't have thought like this, I wouldn't have ever purchased the likes of Kingdom Hearts because the Disney side of the game seemed too baby-ish. However, it was the Final Fantasy character design that appealed to me and I bought it and found it to be one of the most entertaining titles out there.

 

So, if you're really set on avoiding this then that's fine, but I think some of you will be pleasantly surprised by this title if you take a more accepting approach to it! :D

I pre-ordered mine a while back and really cannot wait to play this. My girlfriend even looks like Juliet, so I know what I'll be getting her to cosplay next. Oh and the decapitated head, Nick, has my name. This will be a good game!  ;)

Wretched - Race for the Platinum? :p 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Very nicely put!

 

And yes, we could have a race :D You'll probablyw in though, by a month or two :D

 

Oh... saw this on Kotaku earlier.

 

American-born Japanese actress Mayu Kawamoto - this is for the promotional stuff in Japan.

 

 

Also... http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/warner-bros-revs-up-summer-campaign-for-lollipop-chainsaw/095559
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

[ Edited ]
Flying High!
07
/16

CaptainCortez

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Haha, yea I added you to my PSN list last night and found that you have a grand total of 6 trophies! XD

 

Hmm, then I think we should raise the stakes a bit. If you're going to take a month or two longer to finish it, I think when racing, you should just try to finish it and I'll try to platinum it in that time! :p

 

This is where I look at the trophy list and have a heart attack at how impossible the trophies will be!

 

Also, THAT TRAILER! She should be blonde. ¬_¬

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

My personal account is much better, working towards my fourth Platinum at the mo.

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Flying High!
07
/16

CaptainCortez

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Then add me and I'll help you on those Co-op games. :p

 

Resi 6 would be awesome to help you with. Looks good! :D

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Beta Tester
10
/16

Wretched_Hawk

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

The latest video (ad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A917xCAMtpA&feature=player_embedded

 

Warning, adult content!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Flying High!
10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

blooming heck did not know this topic was still going, it must have got moved and I lost track.

 

Next month can't wait to give juliet a spin :D

Re: lollipop chainsaw

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
07
/16

CaptainCortez

  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

My girlfriend looks like Juliet more than the actual model who's promoting her. In fact, she's very similar to the in game Juliet.

 

This makes me sad..............AND HAPPY. :p

Re: lollipop chainsaw

[ Edited ]
MVP
12
/16

TheNarrator

  • MVP
  • Offline
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
totally looking forward to playing with Lollipop Chainsaw, looks like a fab game, mainly for two big reasons of Juliets... (lollipops and chainsaws, obviously).

guessing its kinda like a DMC/Bayonetta type game, but with added sprinkles? which cant be bad.

noticed the trophies have been released, sound like some tough ones (and a very very naughty one in there too :D), but still some fun to be had too (could be spoilers) :
http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/lollipop-chainsaw/trophies/
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: lollipop chainsaw

KZAM!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel