Lollipop Chainsaw

[ Edited ]
126 Replies 1,046 Views edited 08-06-2012

LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW

lollipop-chainsaw-ps3-box.jpg

For more info click here!

Or visit the official website here!

Or try the wikipedia page here!

And you can check out the guy behind this game here! James Gunn made one of my fave films in Super and he was one of the guys behind the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Soundtrack info can be found here! And some Pre-order costume info is available here!

Check out a selection of videos for the game below...

You can also view images for the game here, here & here!

You can also follow James Gunn on Twitter here & the director of the game Suda51 here!

LABELS:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

mike20036 wrote:
I got my platinum for this game today :) Really enjoyed the game and great fun as well.

Congrats! That was rather quick!

I've not even had the chance to go back and play some more yet, this week has been a bit of a mad one. Hoping I'll be able to fit in a level or two tonight :D

0 Kudos

Re: Lollipop Chainsaw

Flying High!
Award Winner
/16

Oran_Gina

• Award Winner
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

I was hoping the same but ended up playing some co-op Uncharted 2 with a couple of friends, which was nice in a different way.

/16

mike20036

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mike20036
Accepted Solution
Sorry for the late reply I just got back from hoilday. Back on topic yes It was very quick to get platinum :)
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StuR328
Accepted Solution
does this game have 3D?

and if yes, how do the bewbs look? :)
0 Kudos

|¬_¬|™
/16

mike20036

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mike20036
Accepted Solution
I'm done with this game now and unlocked everything In the game. Including all trophies as well. I will come back to It when I feel like killing zombies again :) I don't think Its In 3D StuR328 sorry.

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
So how long we looking at to finish the game? Then any clearing up/replayability?

I'm just about to go and get it but if its stupidly short then I'll hold off and get it at a later (cheaper) date.
0 Kudos

/16

mike20036

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mike20036
Accepted Solution
It took me a few hours to finished the game. But then I replay It again to do the rank mode which Is unlocked. When you complete the stages. Then I go and buy all the health and move upgrades ect from the shop. To me the game Is short but really like the game very much.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Thanks, cant wait to start it :)

Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

@ ytevo79

Check the Bargain Bin thread in PS3 GD:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/The-Bargain-Bin/td-p/3084957...

Apparently £19.99 at simplygames.com. I'm tempted to buy it myself at that price.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

AAAAAAAARRGH wrote:

@ ytevo79

Check the Bargain Bin thread in PS3 GD:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/The-Bargain-Bin/td-p/3084957...

Apparently £19.99 at simplygames.com. I'm tempted to buy it myself at that price.

Too late I went into town that day and bought it. I had about £10 in points which I used up so got it for about the same price then.

0 Kudos

/16

mike20036

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mike20036
Accepted Solution
Have you started the game yet ytevo79? If so how you liking It so far?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

mike20036 wrote:
Have you started the game yet ytevo79? If so how you liking It so far?

No not yet, I just want to finish Bayonetta off before starting a new game.

0 Kudos

/16

mike20036

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mike20036
Accepted Solution
I got platinum for Bayonetta quite along time ago. Enjoy lollipop chainsaw when you played It :)

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
I started this earlier and its seems pretty fun. It seems a bit hard though even on easy mode (I should have known the Japanese by now!). I hated Bayonetta for being hard on medium, but this had me dying several times in the prologue.. I just hope for my hard playthrough she's got some decent combos that don't get interrupted by a stupid zombie with no arms who nearly smacks you to death with his stumps :|

Checkpoints are very tight as well. I did half the first level, quit, loaded my game to see where I would start from and I'm back at the beginning and have to deal with that teacher again now grr.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:
I started this earlier and its seems pretty fun. It seems a bit hard though even on easy mode (I should have known the Japanese by now!). I hated Bayonetta for being hard on medium, but this had me dying several times in the prologue.. I just hope for my hard playthrough she's got some decent combos that don't get interrupted by a stupid zombie with no arms who nearly smacks you to death with his stumps :|

Checkpoints are very tight as well. I did half the first level, quit, loaded my game to see where I would start from and I'm back at the beginning and have to deal with that teacher again now grr.

if you die you continue within the level (apart from on Ranked which you have to start from the beginning), but if you quit you have to go back to the start too.

if starts off a bit tough, but once you buy some moves and get to grips with Sparkle Hunting, it gets alot easier.

0 Kudos

KZAM!
/16

Supernova79

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Supernova79
Accepted Solution

Just finished this and really enjoyed it. A bit shallow but still very fun, chopping up zombies never gets old. I didn't think it was particularly hard (on normal) apart from that horrible baseball game which took me a few goes. It's a cakewalk compared to the likes of Devil May Cry or Bayonetta anyway.:smileyhappy: 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

TheNarrator wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

if you die you continue within the level (apart from on Ranked which you have to start from the beginning), but if you quit you have to go back to the start too.

if starts off a bit tough, but once you buy some moves and get to grips with Sparkle Hunting, it gets alot easier.

Oh right, so I have to complete each level in one sitting? That sucks, especially if the checkpoint works for if you die only.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Warren Spector Doesn’t Think Lollipop Chainsaw Should Have Been Made

http://kotaku.com/5982586/warren-spector-doesnt-think-lollipop-chainsaw-should-have-been-made

"Early in the talk, he made a point about how he used to want longer games. As he got older, he had less time for them and now craves shorter ones.

"It's not just about time. It's not just about giving me shorter experiences. It's about the content. My interests in content have changed dramatically and I suspect this is true for many of you. There are some games the should just not be made, by the way…."

At that moment, Spector showed an image of Lollipop Chainsaw. This would not be the first time Spector has complained about today's hyper-violent video games. But he's not gone out of his way to be specific. Here, he did.

Some members of the audience chuckled."

0 Kudos

Flying High!
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Idiot. Using his logic, there are lots of games that 'shouldn't be made'. Specifically anything I don't like or doesn't fit my life right now.

It sounds like Lollipop Chainsaw was exactly something he would have lapped up in his teens, and I'm pretty sure the 50-something gamer isn't the target demographic for the game anyway.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

It is a silly game to pick out, its actually quite fun, has its tongue firmly in its cheek and was very popular among female gamers.

0 Kudos

Flying High!
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

mike20036 wrote:
Sorry for the late reply I just got back from hoilday. Back on topic yes It was very quick to get platinum :)

I still haven't even had a chance to go back and play some more :(

My advice, if you like games and want time to play them don't work for a games company - you'll end up like me, not finishing the games you actually like but playing the latest Cabella hunting game all the way through :( Someone shoot me!

0 Kudos

Flying High!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel