Problem Solved

View Original Post

Max Payne 3

[ Edited ]
199 Replies 2,033 Views edited 06-04-2012

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne_3

For more info click here!

Max Payne 3 preview from the Guardian: click here!

Max Payne MP hands on - click here!

Q&A Development info - click here!

Screen-shots - here, here & loads here!

Due to adult content viewer discretion is advised!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

KushMonkey

• Award Winner
88%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KushMonkey
Accepted Solution

Im pretty impressed so far. 

0 Kudos

Re: What You Guy's Think Of Max Payne 3 ?

/16

metallicorphan

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
metallicorphan
Accepted Solution

I got the game on release day,and played it from 9pm that night to 8am the following morning just for the single player,starting and finishing the story in that sitting,i have not done that for a long time especially for a 10hr+ game(i had to restart areas every now and then for the reason below)

I thought the single player was quite well done,great graphics decent enough storyline,i found the game tough as nails TBH and i had it on medium setting(but that may be a show of how good/crap i am as a player,i don't claim to be great at games,i just like them)

Multiplayer i was not keen on,the maps were okay,but i just could not get into it online,i wasn't keen on the bullet time in the online games either.It does seem popular online though,so that would just be my opinion

If anyone is thinking of buying the game i would say to go for it,support Rockstar,because they are one of the best developers out there IMO

0 Kudos

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

/16

NuTTyNoTTLE

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NuTTyNoTTLE
Accepted Solution

i was a massive fan of the series on ps2 and had my doubts about the new setting and style all i can say is AMAZING!!!!!

0 Kudos

/16

BlueSkiesXXV

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlueSkiesXXV
Accepted Solution
I loved part 1 & 2 and so far I am really enjoying part 3. It still has the feel of the original and the graphics are fantastic. A great example of bringing an old series to the current gen.
0 Kudos

/16

chatty72

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chatty72
Accepted Solution

Hated it at first but the further into the story i got the more i enjoyed it.

Not overly keen on the mp it takes far too long to lvl up and I'm crap at it but i will persevere. 

0 Kudos

/16

ABTR

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ABTR
Accepted Solution

For me is epic fail. I don't have play any for previous games,  I have the max2 from plus but I don't try it yet so anyway lets talk about 3

Story: A tough guy try to forget. Forgettable story 

Gameplay: there same good shooting elements especially the bullet time, but  the slow mo fails because too many enemies around and with stupid animation,  with character try to get up or reloading the weapon  he die immediately

Multiplayer: Terrible spawn behind or front off enemies and the best fail ever slow motion in multiplayer really? lol

I think game has good review because is Rockstar same think with L.A. noire : repeatedly gameplay

Im bad enough? lol :Lol:

Rockstar is good only in one game so far for me GTA I hope don't screw up with V there same big changes to try to do

0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

Si_Ozzman wrote:
I'm down the line on this one. Looks amazing, plays well. But...its just one huge corridor shooter, gets repetitive fast, the cut scenes are really annoying and seems like they are just there to mask loading alot of the time. So whilst I am enjoying some of it, I also find it infuriating at times. 7/10, with hindsight I would have waited for a price drop.

Exactly how I felt. I just felt like it was run here shoot there push this button. The gameplay is pretty limited. I was looking for more things to do than that and it's not like there wasn't opportunities for it to be done. Great story though

Still, a decent game. Just disappointing in comparison to other R* titles.

0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Beta Tester
/16

mattsimmo

• Beta Tester
95%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution
the story got better as it went along and i enjoyed the single player campaign.

online, not so much so far. matchmaking not great. i'm only level 7 and keep getting put into lobbies with level 30+ and even 40+ !! needless to say i get battered. i'm not that great at the game anyhow so playing vs these high levels is really spoiling my enjoyment of it. they run around dual wielding an m10 and pistol - before i've even had chance to aim i'm down lol

takes a long time to load mp games. joins me in games where there's under a minute left!

will keep at it though for a bit longer - plus there's a games night for this so will hopefully enjoy it more with the OPC guys :)
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Its a typical Rockstar game. Great storytelling, graphics and attention to detail.

Awful gaming mechanics and controls. Need a fly swatter for all the bugs & glitches.

Floored last chance kill cam as 90% of the time the enemy is out of view by the time it kicks in (grrrr), or you find you need to reload but cant so die regardless (grrrr No. 2).

Horrendous nausea inducing cutscenes, and to make it worse they blend into the gameplay :| :| 

The game is too slow on hard mode (bullet time seems a lot tighter then the original so you cant just run 'n' gun :() and its not got a patch on what it once was. This is more of a hide-in-cover-and-hope-you-can-make-the-next-checkpoint simulator :Shame: Its too hard and frustrating at times and should have had a set difficulty and just carefully placed ammo, and pills sticking to its roots :Thumbs:

Muliplayer hit detection seems random and unfair. Levelling up is diabolical and what you'd expect in the later stages (level 30 onwards).

From what I've played was frustratin, but quite enjoyable. I don't like dying twice as much as I kill therefore I've kind of given up on it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

WikidEvilGenius

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WikidEvilGenius
Accepted Solution

I've not played multiplayer but I love the story.

I completed my first playthrough on hard using free aim. I'm now playing old school trying to find all the clues and golden guns. I did encounter the odd glitch but fortunately this was a rare occurrence. Running and gunning is out of the question on hard. Recovery after bullet dodge makes you vulnerable to enemy fire.

Here is a tip I found useful on the harder difficulties if you're using free aim. After an enemy shoots you and takes cover, line up your sights to near their head. When they start shooting again, break cover and immediately enter bullet time. This should set you up for a quick headshot. I generally only use bullet dodge when 1) there is only one enemy remaining or 2) you're jumping from high ground. Shotgun can also be useful for close encounters when an enemy tries to rush you.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

mattsimmo

• Beta Tester
95%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution
online parties still needs some work - no sign of any patch yet. only in a party of 3 but keep losing one or the other when trying to join. still occasionally freezes on me when trying to join a game.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Just finished it... and loved it... I can see why gamers who are frustrated at the new gen interactive movie nature of games might get annoyed at the game... A hell of a lot of cutscenes (which seemingly can't be skipped) and if you suffer from nausea or epilepsy the presentation might be too much... but I loved it...

Yes, the gameplay is very repetitive.. but it's a third person shooter, modern shooters generally don't allow for much aside from duck and cover shooter, and when they do something else (Gears of War vehicle sections) it usually doesn't work that well...

Can't judge the gameplay in it's entirety yet, as I haven't tried multiplayer, and I played the SP through on Easy with all aids on, so I could get the most stylish run through possible on my first story run.. (kinda emulating the early play trailers, lol)... I'll bump it up to Normal now and play a more conservative game... I get the most gameplay satisfaction from a game when I find the difficulty that brings out the best in the game mechanics... and it sounds like if this one turns in ultra conservative cover shooting on the hard difficulties then I'll probably give that a miss..

So far GOTY for me, and I think it'll be the best Action/Adventure - Third Person Shooter of the year based on Rockstar's ability to tell a story and make it look good in the process... For third person action I can't see Resident Evil 6 being better (albeit a completely different type of game) ... Assassins Creed 3, though not linear or a a shooter could yet be the best third person game of the year if it can break itself from the shadows of the two semi-sequels ACB and ACR...

0 Kudos

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

I've de-stickied the thread as chat for this game has died back a bit now. Also I've merged some of those smaller Max Payne threads in to this one, this allows for everything to be in one space and hopefully makes bits of info easier to find.

0 Kudos

Re: Max Payne 3

Flying High!
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Flying High!
Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StuR328
Accepted Solution
hopefully a bit of online tweaking will also happen

|¬_¬|™
/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TEZ-RaViNlUnAtIk
Accepted Solution
I'm having problems with Max Payne 3, first of all are southpaw controls! throughout the game there are instances when I've had to switch to default controls because the southpaw controls won't respond at all, now the game is giving me grief by crashing and sound cut outs mainly on the section where on the roof of the building max blows up with c4 by putting the c4 on the pillers, its doing my head in, is anybody else having these problems? If it is a widespread problem where can I report this to rockstar games where it will get noticed!!!!!! thanks
0 Kudos

max payne 3 single player problems/crashes!!!!

/16

LeeRoye

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LeeRoye
Accepted Solution

I have had one freeze on MP but thats about it. Might be worth deleting the game data and re-installing.

0 Kudos

Re: max payne 3 single player problems/crashes!!!!

/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TEZ-RaViNlUnAtIk
Accepted Solution
I've done that!
0 Kudos

/16

That_Soton

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
That_Soton
Accepted Solution

I haven't had any problems so far... one time it froze on multiplayer that's about it

0 Kudos

/16

SpankyUK

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SpankyUK
Accepted Solution
Never crashed on me throughout the whole SP campaign, don't bother with MP though.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
I had a weird glitch in that building at the dock you zipline down to. I cleared the floor level out and I could hear people upstairs. I headed for the stairs then I started being shot at so I went to investigate and the room at the end that I entered in I saw a guy briefly appear and shoot me. As soon as I got to the doorway he disappeared and the dead bodies I had just shot was there again. But when I took a step back out the doorway they disappeared and a guy briefly appeared shooting me again :|
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel