mrvinny000

84%
02 Rank
Progress

Tomb raider SUCKS

13 Replies 4,186 Views Created 19-12-2008
19 Dec 2008
By mrvinny000
How on earth did they expect to win a fan base with this pathetic excuse for a game . Its just dodgy controls & the randomist of puzzles.Its only saving grace is the graphics which are quite nice.My suggestion is get uncharted for a more rounded adventure.
0 Kudos
LABELS:

My Podcast - http://mrvinny000.podbean.com/
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wiggy1

94%
03 Rank
Progress
wiggy1
Accepted Solution
tomb raider already has a huge fanbase
0 Kudos

Re: Tomb raider SUCKS

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tron0566

86%
03 Rank
Progress
tron0566
Accepted Solution
Guess I'll find out on Crimbo Day when the big fat man in the red suit drops it off.
0 Kudos

jelly sig dads

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Smegzilla

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Smegzilla
Accepted Solution

Lol just because the puzzles are too hard for you doesn't mean they're bad. They're actually very well thought out and put together. Very logical.

It's a good game which was unfortunately very poorly ported to the PS3 (of the 3 current-gen versions PS3 has the most problems). Also Uncharted is very much a 3rd person shooter whereas this game focuses on adventuring, making them very different and you can't really compare them or say one is "better" since they're almost different genres entirely.     

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RFC2007

89%
05 Rank
Progress
RFC2007
Accepted Solution
This game would've been a major hit with me, if it werent for the horrendous framerates which have put me off it altogether as they are that bad. The controls are slightly dodgy, but only during gunplay really. If you are gonna get this, get it on 360 if you have one, as its much better.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xoktu180

96%
02 Rank
Progress
xoktu180
Accepted Solution

As the person above said, the framerate is poor sometimes & puts me off. I am a Tomb Raider fan (yes, even the recent titles) & I think Underworld is a good game but I have to say, Uncharted feels much more polished.

I know they have thier differences but I think Uncharted is pretty much a refined modern-day Tomb Raider. That said, I don't think it sucks but it's flawed without doubt.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nimrod424

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Nimrod424
Accepted Solution

Amost bought this yesterday but went for Fallout 3 at £28 and Uncharted and Resistance : Fall of Man for £30 from Zavvi.

Is it reallt that bad ??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dain84

92%
03 Rank
Progress
dain84
Accepted Solution

Nimrod424 wrote:

Amost bought this yesterday but went for Fallout 3 at £28 and Uncharted and Resistance : Fall of Man for £30 from Zavvi.

Is it reallt that bad ??

no its a class game, sometimes the camera angle can be a bit difficult but otherwise its a very good game.

oh and HMV are doing fallout 3 for £19.99 at the moment...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dain84

92%
03 Rank
Progress
dain84
Accepted Solution
oh and people don't compare it to uncharted, whereas uncharted prides itself on action minus the exploring, tomb raider prides itself on exploring and less action, both games are awesome and it you like your action adventure games, you'll appreciate both
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zapachna666

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Zapachna666
Accepted Solution
GAMEStm gave it an 8/10 (same as Resistance2 n that game is mint)... nuff said... getting
0 Kudos

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein ... Avatar by vwrmic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxCJxX

88%
02 Rank
Progress
XxCJxX
Accepted Solution
I thought it was a quality game 4 the 6 hours it took to clock it very short but very nice
0 Kudos

Proud owner ov PS1 PS2 PS3 from Release day Still the Proud owner ov Metal Gear Solid(Favourite).Metal Gear Solid Special Missions. Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty. Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots. Grand Theft Auto 3. GTA Vice City. GTA San Andreas(Favourite) GTA Vice City Stories. GTA Liberty City Stories. ALL Gran Tourismo's(Number4wasFavourite) ALL Resident Evil's & Directors Cut(1'st wasFavourite) & Finaly my BEST game of all time Final FantasyVII

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

92%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution

I really enjoyed underworld, for me the story was much more intense and well done than it has ever been like for the tomb raider games.

It could've done with much much more polish on the ps3, but I thought the game as a whole was great, the camera and things didnt detract too much for me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

mrselfdestructuk

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
mrselfdestructuk
Accepted Solution
your a new gamer arnt you? have you even played any other tr games? the game was quite good yes the controlls are a bit dodgy but not as bad as angel of darkness but overall i quite enjoyed the game i just wish they would re-make tr 2 that game ruled!
0 Kudos

Will the Chiliad mystery ever be solved? GTA5

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

funnydude6556

87%
04 Rank
Progress
funnydude6556
Accepted Solution

YEA! A thread about slagging off one of the most annoying and frustrating games on the PS3/360/Wii.

This annoys me beyond believe, i thought like all of the other tomb raider games it might be fun but most of the time

you end up with laura doing almost the opposite of what you wanted her to do and falling to your death, i never get

anywhere without a ten-hour ordel trying to work out what way the moronic character needs to face so that she

dosen't get a face full of rubble when i press the X button!

Yeah Tomb Raider was a good game but you can't defend a game becasue the series it comes from was good. It's

like saying final destination 4 will be a good movie or your going to like SAW 5 becasue the other four were good.

People say it's becasue mrvinny000 is a bad gamer but can you honestly saw you've never played a game where

the controls were so broken the game made you look terriable.

I have this game and it is FRUSTRATING LIKE HELL. The traps and various differant stuff were i edmit great, awesome but

to work your way though a game where the character lets out a scream that sounds like a mix between the girl from the ring and some kind of anthophic raptor you have to ask yourself, is it really worth it when i'm going to lose 100 times over?

0 Kudos

"i hate two types of people, people who don't respect other cultures and the dutch"
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel