Algemene Discussie

Beantwoorden
08 mrt 2011
door: cd_BE Award Winner 12390 posts
Level 6

Charlie Sheen fired from 'Two and A Half Men'

8 reacties 1001 Weergaven Aangemaakt: 08-03-2011

So long, Charlie.

Warner Bros. Television announced today that it has dropped the actor from its hit comedy Two and a Half Men. “After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services from ‘Two and a Half Men’ effective immediately,” the studio said in a statement.

No decision has been made on the future of the series. CBS still has a deal in place with the studio for a ninth season of Men, which remains the most-watched comedy on television.

Sheen gave the following quote to TMZ: “This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of their bazillions, never have to look at whatshisc— again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension.”

Sheen’s departure caps a volatile week in which he went on the defensive after Warner Bros. TV and CBS announced they were canceling production for the remainder of the season due to “the totality of Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition.” The 45-year-old actor participated in a series of TV appearances on Today, Good Morning America and Piers Morgan Tonight and continued to make shocking statements like “the last time I took drugs, I probably took more than anyone could survive” and “I was banging seven-gram rocks and finishing them. That’s how I roll.”

He also continued his verbal assault against Men executive producer Chuck Lorre (whom he previously called a “clown”) by calling him a “stupid, stupid little man” and said he would only return to Men if he got a raise from $1.2 million to $3 million. “Look at what they put me through,” he told Today. “I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special.” He also threatened to sue the network.

It’s unclear whether Warner Bros. TV and CBS would want to go on without Sheen, especially since Lorre penned the role of Men‘s Charlie Harper with Sheen in mind. Insiders have half-joked that moving forward with a One and A Half Men just isn’t possible, but say it’s ultimately up to Lorre, who is also executive producing The Big Bang Theory and Mike & Molly for CBS. Since the network announces its fall lineup to advertisers in May, a decision about Men’s future should be made by then.

Since he’s been fired, Sheen should be free to pursue new opportunities like a show on HDnet. The actor also talked about writing a book. In the short term, he’s kept himself busy by starting a Twitter account; he already has 2.1 million followers.

How did Charlie Sheen lose the highest-paid acting job in TV?

There wasn’t just one reason, according to a letter sent by Two and a Half Men studio Warner Bros. to Sheen’s attorney Marty Singer. It was everything that the media has obsessively covered about Sheen during the past four months — from the trashed Plaza hotel room to dodging rehab to his media rants.

The studio maintains Sheen defaulted on his contract due to several factors: Being unable to perform his duties on Men; admitting to cocaine use; making derogatory public comments about the show; and refusing to continue on the series without “radical changes” being made.

The extraordinary dismissal letter details the studio’s side of the story for the first time, informing Sheen’s attorney: “Your client has been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill. For months before the suspension of production, Mr. Sheen’s erratic behavior escalated while his condition deteriorated. His declining condition undermined the production in numerous and significant ways. Warner Bros. would not, could not, and should not attempt to continue ‘business as usual’ while Mr. Sheen destroys himself as the world watches.”

The studio says Sheen’s behavior took a dramatic turn for the worse in January and February, when, contrary to the actor’s claims, his partying began to impact his performance on the show. The studio says Sheen was late to rehearsals, had difficulty remembering his lines and hitting his marks. Exec producer Chuck Lorre’s vanity cards, which publicly annoyed the actor, “reflect Mr. Lorre’s growing concern and frustration with Mr. Sheen’s inability or unwillingness to acknowledge his serious problems and to seek help.”

After CBS and Warner Bros. suspended production on the series so Sheen could attend rehab, the companies were frustrated that the actor insisted on staying home instead of entering a facility.

“Warner executives requested several times that Mr. Sheen’s representatives send a letter from Mr. Sheen’s doctor explaining his diagnosis, course of treatment and prognosis, and certifying that Mr. Sheen could return to work on February 28,” said the letter. “No such letter was provided. Subsequently, Warner Bros. learned that Mr. Sheen had apparently fired his sobriety coach. Moreover, Mr. Sheen recently declared he had self-healed his addictions by saying that he ‘blinked and cured [his] brain.’ Accordingly, it is not surprising that no professional apparently was willing to attest that Mr. Sheen had self-treated, self-healed and self-cured his brain of his addiction problems.”

The letter continues to cite some of Sheen’s most bombastic quotes from his vacation at the Bahamas, most specifically his attacks on Lorre.

“At that point, the totality of Mr. Sheen’s condition, statements and escalating destructive behavior caused Warner Bros. to conclude that production in the 2010-2011 season was untenable,” said the letter. “Warner Bros. could not produce the Show when its lead actor had become demonstrably unstable — publicly lashing out with verbal abuse and overt threats to its executives and the creative voice of the Show, as well as destroying the already fragile relationships with key Show personnel that were indispensable to the creative process behind the Show’s success.”

The studio maintained it does not have to pay Sheen for the canceled Men episodes, a major point of contention between the parties. “As the lead actor in a successful television comedy, Mr. Sheen’s essential duties encompass more than just showing up and delivering lines,” Warner Bros. says. “One essential duty is working cooperatively and creatively with the other persons critical to the production. Mr. Sheen went from an actor who performed those duties to an individual whose self-destructive conduct resulted in his hospitalization, his inability to work at all for a period and the rapid erosion of the cooperative and creative process necessary to produce the Show.”

Also, Sheen’s references to cocaine use apparently gave Warner Bros. some leverage to swing the axe. The studio challenged the Sheen camp’s claim that there’s no “morals clause” in the contract, saying there is something very much akin to that: a clause that allows the studio to fire a performer who commits “a felony offense involving moral turpitude.”

“There is ample evidence supporting Warner Bros. reasonable good faith opinion that Mr. Sheen has committed felony offenses involving moral turpitude (including but not limited to furnishing of cocaine to others as part of the self-destructive lifestyle he has described publicly) that have ‘interfere[d] with his ability to fully and completely render all material services required’ under the agreement.”

In response to the letter, Singer says the actor will sue Lorre and Warner Bros., saying Sheen took two drug tests a week to prove he was sober and that he worked “flawlessly” when performing in front of a live audience.

I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Beta Trial Member since: 07-07-2003
Mac USER , since 28 - 09 - 2006!
Gelieve aub geen opmaak te gebruiken
Bericht 1 van 9 (1.001 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Charlie Sheen fired from 'Two and A Half Men'

ik snap het niet hij speelt toch alleen zich zelf hij leeft zich alleen te goed in de rol in

Bericht 2 van 9 (994 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos
Level 6

Dat vond ik nu ook, zonder hem zal het op niets trekken. Jammer vond het wel een goede serie.

Bericht 3 van 9 (984 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos
Level 6

Zonde ! Hij is super, spelen ze daarom toevallig Two and a half man terug op tv ? 

LinkinParkLivingThingsBanner
Bericht 4 van 9 (967 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos

Denk niet dat die serie nog gaat werken zonder hem, of ze het nou leuk vinden of niet. :/

sigps4japan.png

Bericht 5 van 9 (936 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos
Level 6

Als ik hier wil zetten, krijg ik enkel foto's. Dus sorry. 
Enkel nog maar gehoord van John Stamos in Full House.
Two and a half man zonder Sheen kijk ik niet meer.

LinkinParkLivingThingsBanner
Bericht 6 van 9 (915 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos
Level 3

Ik keek het nooit, maar als de studio 160mln verlies maakt met deze zet zal hij zich wel zwaar misdragen hebben :')
Bericht 7 van 9 (890 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos
Level 4

Nooit gezien. Die twee foto's hier zijn de eerste beelden die ik er van zie. Maar het nieuwsbericht ziet er uit als een zware tegenslag..
Bericht 8 van 9 (880 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos
Level 6

Vond sheen best wel grappig in die serie, hij maakte het echt geloofwaardig.

En als ze het willen verkopen dat Sheen vervangen wordt door John Stamos (de enige die min of meer geloofwaardig over komt) dan moeten ze een nieuwe personage introduceren en charlie er uit schrijven. Maar hem vervangen kan niet. En mijn zijn levensstijl is het niet moeilijk om hem te laten sterven.

Al peins ik niet dat de serie zal blijven bestaan zonder charlie.

Bericht 9 van 9 (847 Weergaven)
Beantwoorden
0 Kudos