Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Buy BATTLEFIELD 4 on PS3, Upgrade later to PS4

[ Edited ]
19 Replies 5,116 Views edited 12-09-2013

original.jpg 

PLAY NOW, UPGRADE LATER

Buy BATTLEFIELD 4 ON PS3, Upgrade later to PS4

I bring you news from EA on how they wish to make it easy for BF4 fans to upgrade from the current generation of consoles to the next generation of entertainment. That’s why today we are clarifying the offers that will make the transition effortless, saving you time and money.

Don’t wait to get into the action. Below are the details of how you can buy now and upgrade easily later.

Prepare 4 Battle!

UK

GAME – Play now and get £40 towards your next-gen upgrade

Buy a copy of Battlefield 4 PlayStation 3 from GAME. When you're ready to upgrade, return back to your local GAME store and trade in your  PlayStation 3 version and receive £40 towards an upgrade for a PlayStation 4 version. For complete terms and conditions visit Game.co.uk here: http://bit.ly/17Q4R74

Worldwide

Sony PlayStation

Inside marked physical copies of Battlefield 4 for PlayStation 3 there will be a voucher with a unique code printed on it. This code will allow you the one-time offer of buying a digital version of Battlefield 4 via the PlayStation Store for only £10.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20 (5,116 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Buy BATTLEFIELD 4 on PS3, Upgrade later to PS4

Thanks for the news Envisager. Not interested in Battlefield 4 precsely, but it's great to hear this (I so remember back in the day having some games PS2 versions, while the PS3 ones looked godly and having to shell out the full price *sigh*) -- looking forward to other titles such as ACIV :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20 (5,032 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Wow so if I'm in the UK want to get BF4 for cheap on the PS4 I have to buy it at GAME? That's some bull*****. Why is it only the UK that has this dumb restriction? Will you guys please stop giving GAME exclusive deals.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20 (4,877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Is the worldwide thing excluding the UK then? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (4,851 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Will the dlc also transfer (well I mean will we be able to download the ps4 versions too) probably the only thing holding me back about the ps3 version, I don't wanna miss out of the preorder dlc on ps4 not fussed about the ps3 dlc tbh as I won't use it after November 29th lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20 (4,819 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

its nice to see GAME trying, though the Sony deal sounds alot hotter as it seems you can own both the PS3 and PS4 versions, which is always good :smileyhappy:.

will Sonys deal work with digital purchases of the game aswell, or is it just a disc based promotion?
DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20 (4,648 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

xLew-- wrote:
Will the dlc also transfer (well I mean will we be able to download the ps4 versions too) probably the only thing holding me back about the ps3 version, I don't wanna miss out of the preorder dlc on ps4 not fussed about the ps3 dlc tbh as I won't use it after November 29th lol

If you purchased Premium then the DLC and stats will transfer one time only from PS3 > PS4 - here is an image to illustrate that

BT0SITVCQAEmHkR.jpg large.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (4,642 Views)

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

what qualifies as 'worldwide'? If that includes europe, I might just import it from amazon. I'd probably be able to buy it *and* upgrade to the PS4 version for less than just the PS3 version from GAME.

Any news on whether FIFA 14 will work in this way too? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20 (4,552 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Any clues as to who will be selling the 'marked physical edition'?

Will this be reserved for certain retailers only, or will it apply to all initial pressings of the game?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20 (4,521 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I understand from this there are 2 offers on the go. The UK one is classed as UK as it is only available in GAME UK and not in GAME stores worldwide, then there is the second option also available in the UK but also worldwide.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20 (4,501 Views)
0 Kudos