With Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag we want to Defy History with you. Here is your chance to be a part of the legend in a one of a kind epic 2.3m x 4.5m masterpiece painting. Along with the National Arts School in Paris, the Beaux-Arts, Ubisoft is working to create an original oil painting integrating 205 different faces of loyal and committed fans of the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
We are offering the chance for 5 lucky people to take part in this amazing experience.
How to Enter:
To get a chance to embody one of the characters of the painting, all you need to do is upload and post in this thread pictures of you with 2 different moods (normal, fear, angry, triumphant, or pain), in 3 different angles (like the images below).
So what are you waiting for? Let’s Defy History together.
Opening Date: 19 June 2013
Closing Date: 26 June 2013
Terms and Conditions – Specific Rules for “Defy History with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag” Competition
1. The “Defy History with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Ireland and the United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on 19 June 2013 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 26 June 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
4. To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) If they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account (previously known as PlayStation®Network), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) Visit the English Language PlayStation Forum at http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu (“ Forum”);
c) Click on the “Competition – Defy History with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag” thread (“Thread”);
d) Sign into their SEN account;
e) Take three full-colour photographs of themselves emulating the expressions shown in the Thread (“Photographs”);
f) Upload their Photographs onto the Thread; and
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
8. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
9. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
10. There will be five (5) winners (each a “Winner”). The Winners will be chosen by a random computer process from those Entrants who provide the most accurate expressions in their Photographs.
11. The Promoter shall notify each Winner, by email to the email address linked to the Winner’s SEN account, of their selection within one (1) day of the Closing Date.
12. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s email message to them, providing their name, date of birth and postal address, within thirty (30) days of the date of the Promoter’s email.
13. Each Winner will win the following prize (“Prize”):
a) a likeness of one of their Photographs will be re-created as a character (“Character”) in an Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag painting (“Painting”); and
b) a digital copy of the Character will be sent to the Winner by email to the email address connected to the Winner’s SEN account (“Digital Character”).
14. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. The Prize has no monetary value; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
15. The Painting will be displayed online at [http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-gb/home/index.asp
16. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
17. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
19. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavors to send, by email to the email address linked to the Winner’s SEN account, the Digital Character to each Winner within thirty (30) days of the proposed launch date of the Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag game on 31 October 2013. The Promoter reserves the right to alter this date.
20. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
21. Each Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. Each Winner will be deemed to give the Promoter, and its associated companies, licensees and assignees, permission to:
a) create a Character based on a likeness of one of their Photographs;
b) edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute any such Photographs and/or Character or anything derived from them (“Material”) in any medium; and
c) use the Material, in whole or in part, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit any of Promoter’s products and anything connected with or derived from them.
22. Each Winner agrees to waive any moral rights that they may have in the Material and to release the Promoter and its associated companies, licensees and assignees from any claims for payment in connection with their use of the Material.
23. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Defy History with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
24. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
25. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
26. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
27. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
28. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
oh very cool, tis a different sort of competition for sure! gettng our faces down and in a traditional painting sounds like it fits in with the whole Black Flag vibe quite well too (glad we dont have to assassinate anyone ).
hopefully lots of forum folks will get their mugs on their, its basically as close as you can get to being a real (and pretty) ye olde pirate! 8D
And incase it wasn't clear or you didn't read T&C's,
The 5 winners will receive a likeness of one of their photographs which will be re-created as a character in an Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag painting and a digital copy of the character too.
Well, this is going well...
This is just the beginning. When PS4 comes out with all it's Facebook integration shizzle there will be no hiding behind avatars then! Our ugly mugs will be out there for all to see. God help us all!
Too bad it's UK only.. Would love to get myself digitized :-)
I know right. Who wants to put their pic in a public thread. lol. How is the ps4/facebook thing going to work. What about people who don't have facebook accounts; you can't play online?
If no UK people participate, will it open to the rest of Europe?