Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 6

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

24 Apr 2008
By Lestrade

Lestrade

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

General Beta Information

[ Edited ]
621 Replies 24,654 Views edited 29-07-2008

General Beta Information

 

 

What is a Beta Test?



A Beta Test is when we test the online portion of a PlayStation game to detect any faults, bugs or general areas that could be improved before the game is released to the public. The testing is done by a closed group of anything between 200 to 20,000 volunteer PlayStation gamers.

 

Buzz!, Everybody’s Golf, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs, Splinter Cell, Warhawk and WRC are just some of the fantastic and varied titles that have been tested by our Beta community, months before the full game is released.

 

Sounds great! So… How do I become a Beta Tester?

Volunteers for Beta Tests are recruited on a game-by-game basis.

 

Please do not contact me or any of the other Forum admins or mods directly with requests to take part in a Beta Test.

 

Keep an eye on the Announcements Forum for updates and opportunities regarding recruitment for upcoming Beta Tests.  


What do I need to be a Beta Tester?


To take part in Beta Testing you must:

·          Be aged 18 or over

·          Be a European resident

·          Have a good understanding of English

·          Have a PLAYSTATION 3 with a broadband connection and a PLAYSTATION Network Master account.

 

 

What does being a Beta Tester involve and what will be required of me? 

You do not need to be technically minded – we need a variety of people with differing amounts of technical expertise to help us test the games.  However, you must be flexible and be prepared to set aside some of your spare time and evenings to participate in specific Test Nights and general game testing.

 

A Beta Test can last anything between 2 to 6 weeks per game, during which time you may be asked to take part in at least one Test Night per week. Test Nights take place on weekday evenings and can last one to two hours each.

 

You will also be asked to provide feedback about your experiences of connecting and playing the game online, and report any bugs or problems that you find via the Beta Forums and web surveys. 

 

Please note that any games that are sent to you for Beta testing are Beta versions only and will not be useable once the testing is complete. It is also likely that the Beta testing of a game may be limited to specific levels, tracks or online functionality of a game.

 

Information for Existing Beta Testers

 

What information should I include when I contact the Beta team? 

Whenever you contact the Beta team, please make sure you include the following information to ensure that they can quickly get back to you:

  • Your PSN Online ID
  • A short summary of your query in the subject heading.  
  • If you are replying to a message we’ve previously sent you about your query, please include the email history.
  • As much information as possible about your question or problem. 


Thanks a lot,

Lestrade 

Message Edited by MojoSwift on 29-07-2008 02:36 PM
LABELS:

Lestrade's Sig - by Narr
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
02
/16

Dasha_no1

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dasha_no1
Accepted Solution

molezy777 wrote:

by the way apologies to anyone that took offense to tht last post by  


Could you please stop posting as all the information is above - the more people post the further away people have to look it, would be nice to see that post being the last one as I'm just gonna have to repeat it a million times to keep it where it is, sorry I'm more annoyed as much as you are about people spamming worthless posts asking the same question that does not need to be repeated, just needs to be stopped by ourselves as well. I'm seeing even more people turning up posting worthless crap about it being a joke as well. Thanks :smileywink:
0 Kudos

Re: General Beta Information

Photobucket
02
/16

Dasha_no1

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dasha_no1
Accepted Solution

Dasha_no1 wrote:

iceman3828 wrote:
if any1 here gets a beta key just share it with me don't worry ill put it to good use

You can't share beta key's within EU as it can only be used once - just read the first post and page 38 if I remember correctly and stop spamming this thread. Like myself and everybody else - were trying to tell you people that it's for informational purposes only and not to be replied too. I guess it was Lestrade's fault not to lock this thread but he's left now. I'm sure hopefully MB will lock it sooner or later and get rid of all these posted messages and keep this thread clean and possibly add some other relevant information added to the thread to stop others asking. So try to READ before posting and things like this will not happen!

 

So to tell everybody once more then READ the 1st post made and follow that onto page 38 to get the info you need.The "Recruitment Page"is not open yet as it's been CLOSED for a while now! It WILL be announced when it will be open again for recruitment so be patient. To keep yourself up to date with latest posts from this thread or the "Announcements & Events" Section then use the subscribe feature and it will be emailed to you for any added posts or threads etc. No matter how hard you add comments here to ask if you want to become a beta tester you will not be called on or replied too as this thread has no intention for this purpose! So PLEASE stop whining and be patient and the day will come. If you READ page 38 on "Muster Buster's" reply, he say's:

 


 Muster Buster wrote:

 

Hello everyone -

 

 Lots of you have been asking how you get in to the beta trial membership scheme:

 

Our Beta Trial Members are either selected for the trials according to their outstanding behaviour within the community, or they completed an application form when recruitment for the trials was open.

 

 In other words, there are 2 ways of becomming a BTM:

 

 1. Via outstanding (and we mean outstanding) conduct here at the Official Playstation Community

 2. By signing up for the Beta Trial Memberships when recruitment is open.


We are not currently recruiting Beta Trial Members. Keep an eye on the Announcements & Events board for information regarding Beta Trial recruitment!

 

MB


 

Also to add to this the information is from the orginal message from Letrade and he wrote:

 

 


Lestrade wrote:

 

 

General Beta Information

 

 

What is a Beta Test?



A Beta Test is when we test the online portion of a PlayStation game to detect any faults, bugs or general areas that could be improved before the game is released to the public. The testing is done by a closed group of anything between 200 to 20,000 volunteer PlayStation gamers.

 

Buzz!, Everybody’s Golf, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs, Splinter Cell, Warhawk and WRC are just some of the fantastic and varied titles that have been tested by our Beta community, months before the full game is released.

 

Sounds great! So… How do I become a Beta Tester?

Volunteers for Beta Tests are recruited on a game-by-game basis.

 

Please do not contact me or any of the other Forum admins or mods directly with requests to take part in a Beta Test.

 

Keep an eye on the Announcements Forum for updates and opportunities regarding recruitment for upcoming Beta Tests.  


What do I need to be a Beta Tester?


To take part in Beta Testing you must:

·          Be aged 18 or over

·          Be a European resident

·          Have a good understanding of English

·          Have a PLAYSTATION 3 with a broadband connection and a PLAYSTATION Network Master account.

 

 

What does being a Beta Tester involve and what will be required of me? 

You do not need to be technically minded – we need a variety of people with differing amounts of technical expertise to help us test the games.  However, you must be flexible and be prepared to set aside some of your spare time and evenings to participate in specific Test Nights and general game testing.

 

A Beta Test can last anything between 2 to 6 weeks per game, during which time you may be asked to take part in at least one Test Night per week. Test Nights take place on weekday evenings and can last one to two hours each.

 

You will also be asked to provide feedback about your experiences of connecting and playing the game online, and report any bugs or problems that you find via the Beta Forums and web surveys. 

 

Please note that any games that are sent to you for Beta testing are Beta versions only and will not be useable once the testing is complete. It is also likely that the Beta testing of a game may be limited to specific levels, tracks or online functionality of a game.

 

Information for Existing Beta Testers

 

What information should I include when I contact the Beta team? 

Whenever you contact the Beta team, please make sure you include the following information to ensure that they can quickly get back to you:

  • Your PSN Online ID
  • A short summary of your query in the subject heading.  
  • If you are replying to a message we’ve previously sent you about your query, please include the email history.
  • As much information as possible about your question or problem. 


Thanks a lot,

Lestrade


So could everybody please make a note of this and keep this thread clean from any further questions or comments as all the information provided from Lestrade, Muster Buster and the additional link to the recruitment page have all the answers you need to become a beta tester for SCEE.

 

Thanks,

 

Dasha_no1:smileywink: 

 

Message Edited by Dasha_no1 on 15-10-2008 05:46 PM

Gonna keep this at the bottom of the page  - all info Is there ^^^^^^^^^^ 

0 Kudos

Re: General Beta Information

Photobucket
05
/16

glassfish

  • Offline
64%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
glassfish
Accepted Solution

OMG how big is this thread? looks like lots of people want to be beta testers.

What you could do is set up your own games test & localisation company then you would get to play before the beta testers.

 

I'ts nice to test. but its a real pain when you get stuck with a game you dont like, but have to test and report on it. 

I can't stand football games.

 

who am I?

I'm glassfish

0 Kudos

Re: General Beta Information

02
/16

Nihilith

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nihilith
Accepted Solution
i was chosen to take part in the Call of Duty - World at War BETA testing but it's on 360 how rubbish is that.

So i have to take trips back and forth to my mates house to play the bloody thing. Good game though, just waiting for a PS3 Beta now Resistance 2 or Killzone 2 soon hopefully.
0 Kudos

Re: General Beta Information

Photobucket

Beta Tester
04
/16

Cr0wSeb

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cr0wSeb
Accepted Solution

Nihilith a écrit:
i was chosen to take part in the Call of Duty - World at War BETA testing but it's on 360 how rubbish is that.

So i have to take trips back and forth to my mates house to play the bloody thing. Good game though, just waiting for a PS3 Beta now Resistance 2 or Killzone 2 soon hopefully.

 

Same problem ^^
0 Kudos

Re : Re: General Beta Information

02
/16

DualBlades

  • Offline
51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DualBlades
Accepted Solution
No one likes a troll.
Message Edited by MusterBuster on 21-10-2008 02:45 PM
0 Kudos

Re: General Beta Information

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Photobucket
Beta Tester
04
/16

Cr0wSeb

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cr0wSeb
Accepted Solution

DualBlades a écrit:

SONY can't even organise BETA's for god sake... SONY have delayed the BETA codes for R2 on IGN, and the codes SONY gave play.com for people that ordered the full game are linked to the old BETA which can't be played anymore. And you guys wonder why the 360 are dominating the PS3 sales... oh I remember, because they know how to run a good online service.


 

Out from this forum if you're just an xbox 360 user... You are useless here!

0 Kudos

Re : Re: General Beta Information

02
/16

Paullyie82

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Paullyie82
Accepted Solution

Right on Man!

 

Away wit ya Xboxers !! ahh just kidding

 

But, In fairness to Sony they don't charge us to play online,

Let alone the other dozen items to have to buy to get the Xbox up and running !!!

 

Not wanting to sound like one of those Fanboys or whatever you call them now !!!  :Lol:

0 Kudos

Re: Re : Re: General Beta Information

02
/16

hypedupmonkey

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hypedupmonkey
Accepted Solution

Cr0wSeb wrote:

DualBlades a écrit:

SONY can't even organise BETA's for god sake... SONY have delayed the BETA codes for R2 on IGN, and the codes SONY gave play.com for people that ordered the full game are linked to the old BETA which can't be played anymore. And you guys wonder why the 360 are dominating the PS3 sales... oh I remember, because they know how to run a good online service.


 

Out from this forum if you're just an xbox 360 user... You are useless here!


He's not even a regular, he simply posts in this thread.

Expand yourself mate, go into the other forums....

0 Kudos

Re: Re : Re: General Beta Information

06
/16

Mattiebo123

  • Offline
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mattiebo123
Accepted Solution

DualBlades wrote:

SONY can't even organise BETA's for god sake... SONY have delayed the BETA codes for R2 on IGN, and the codes SONY gave play.com for people that ordered the full game are linked to the old BETA which can't be played anymore. And you guys wonder why the 360 are dominating the PS3 sales... oh I remember, because they know how to run a good online service.


NEWS FLASH!

 

the PS3 has out-sold the xbox in Japan and the Uk :Winner: 

0 Kudos

Re: General Beta Information

02
/16

Zono1990

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zono1990
Accepted Solution
Iv got some spare time if you need someone pick me Zono1990
0 Kudos

Message me

Beta Tester
04
/16

kingofscotland

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingofscotland
Accepted Solution

Hey Zono, don't change the thread Subject - it just confuses things.

 

And welcome to the forums.


Zono1990 wrote:
Iv got some spare time if you need someone pick me Zono1990

 

 
0 Kudos

Re: General Beta Information

Beta Tester
09
/16

MusterBuster

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution
Locked! Information is out of date.
0 Kudos

Re: Message me

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel