14 Sep 2010
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Golden Joystick Awards: Game Advocate Competitions

[ Edited ]
17 Replies 1,577 Views edited 15-09-2010

GJA2010_logo_illo_RGB.jpg

Golden Joystick Awards: Game Advocate Competition!

Hey community,

As we told you last week the final round of voting for the Golden Joystick Awards has begun and 7 PlayStation exclusive titles are nominated across 6 different award categories.

This puts us in a sticky situation. Anyone who has a vague understanding of maths (eg: 1 grenade < 2 grenades. Or ‘Angry Team Mates = MB + Grenade Launcher’) will realise that 7 titles across 6 categories means that at least 2 titles are competing for the same award.

Completely unable to bring ourselves to choose between titles (and completely unwilling to anger Kratos), we’ve decided to hand over the fate of each of the nominated titles to you; the Official PlayStation Community.

Today, you’ll find shiny new threads set up in each of the boards representing the titles nominated for Golden Joysticks. Within, you’ll find details on how to apply to become that title’s Game Advocate for the Golden Joystick Awards 2010.

Game Advocates are champions for the nominated titles. They will be responsible for mustering the might of the PlayStation community, trooping around the internet and lobbying gamers in order to secure votes for their game. They’ll get access to a private board here at OPC where they can chat with and get help from other advocates, the MVPs and the community team during their campaign.

But we wont pick just anyone to represent our games – you’ll need prove that you’re well written, social media-savvy and so in love with the game in question that playing it makes you feel all saucy inside. As such, we’re asking you to write a manifesto which details three things you will do to secure votes for the title you will represent during your campaign.

You can write as much or as little as you like, but remember; the community team are looking for passion, enthusiasm and a little bit of mental from our advocates.

Each community member can apply for up to 3 advocate roles, but no community member can be advocate for any more than 1 title. The competitions are open now and close this time next week, when we’ll pick the advocates and reveal them to the wider community. The games, and the awards that they’re up for, are listed below. Click any one of them to be taken to the Advocate application thread!

Uncharted 2: Action/Adventure | Soundtrack | Ultimate Game of the Year

Heavy Rain: Action/Adventure | Soundtrack | Ultimate Game of the Year

God of War 3: Action/Adventure | Ultimate Game of the Year

ModNation Racers: Racing

Wipeout HD: Racing

Gran Turismo PSP: Racing

LittleBigPlanet: Portable | Downloadable

Oh, and whilst we’ve got your attention – Media Molecule are up for UK Developer of the Year. Go sack-lovers, vote for them!

If you’re applying, good luck! If not – check back here in Announcements and Events at the end of the week to find out who the advocates are and what they’ll be doing throughout their campaign.

In the mean time, you can check out www.goldenjoystick.com to vote for your favourite games. Just be sure to remember who you voted for and why – we’ll be giving you a chance to win one of 6 annual subscriptions to Official PlayStation Magazine UK for telling us why you voted for one of the titles above. Keep an eye out for that comp – it starts later this week :smileywink:

Voting for the Golden Joystick Awards closes on October 25th, with the awards ceremony on October 29th. Keep your tabs plastered on our Announcements and Events forum for more news as we get closer to the awards ceremony.

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (1,577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Golden Joystick Awards: Game Advocate Competitions

You got it.

There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (1,359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Where do we post our entries?

There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (1,346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

CEK111 wrote:
Where do we post our entries?

See the links in the thread above? Post your entry in whichever game thread you want to apply for.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (1,341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Done :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (1,136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (1,041 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Swish! Thanks MB. Now time to venture onto the Game advocate boards!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (986 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

CaptainCortez wrote:

Just a heads up, the Private board won't open until Monday :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (980 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

HUGE congrats to you all! :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (959 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MusterBuster wrote:

CaptainCortez wrote:

Just a heads up, the Private board won't open until Monday :smileywink:

Ah, that's alright. TT just told me over Twitter, so it gives me all weekend to do a good job in setting up things on Facebook for it. :smileywink:

I'm also going to do a few things on here, and I think anyone following my campaign deserves their very own God of War Signature, so I'll make one for every one of my Spartans to hoist up as their own Signature. The only thing I might do to make them all unique, is put the users handle on it.

Good stuff. Let's hope I can sway the public to vote for what I feel deserves the Ultimate Game of the Year award. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (956 Views)
0 Kudos