Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Kudos is coming soon to the playstation forums!

Hmm not a fan personally but cool i guess, e rep isn't my thing.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 53 (1,137 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Chimpanzee wrote:

That's a good idea. Should really help improve the quality of the posts. Will you be able to give negative kudos? It might bring down the number of "FAIL" and "+1" posts.

(Wait for it....)

Message Edited by Chimpanzee on 11-03-2009 12:58 PM

Epic Fail... :smileyhappy:

Couldn't resist that.

Unfortunately, I think it may well have the opposite effect though, there's bound to be some idiots out there who see getting the highest negative score possible as a badge of honour... Hopefully it can be tied into a forum ban system to prevent this though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 53 (1,131 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

AndyBSG wrote:

Chimpanzee wrote:

That's a good idea. Should really help improve the quality of the posts. Will you be able to give negative kudos? It might bring down the number of "FAIL" and "+1" posts.

(Wait for it....)

Couldn't resist that.

Unfortunately, I think it may well have the opposite effect though, there's bound to be some idiots out there who see getting the highest negative score possible as a badge of honour... Hopefully it can be tied into a forum ban system to prevent this though.

This is it you see it gets complicated and i think i've probably annoyed many people in the past, looks like i'm going to have to start being nice to people :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 53 (1,123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

AndyBSG wrote:

Chimpanzee wrote:

(Wait for it....)

Couldn't resist that.

Maybe an automatic 1-week block is in order if users reach a certain amout of negative cudos.

Lol. Sorry, MB. I think we may be loosing sight of the "spirit" of the kudos system! :smileyhappy:

Maybe we just forget the negative cudos idea alltogether! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 53 (1,109 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Chimpanzee wrote:

Maybe an automatic 1-week block is in order if users reach a certain amout of negative cudos.

Lol. Sorry, MB. I think we may be loosing sight of the "spirit" of the kudos system! :smileyhappy:

Maybe we just forget the negative cudos idea alltogether! 

I'm fear that you are.... XD

Let me put it this way - you will not be able to give negative Kudos. It will simply never happen!

However, we can moderate everything to do with Kudos, and we will be doing so.

There will also be extensive guidelines and FAQs on the feature so that everyone knows what it is, how to use it and importantly, when to use it. We've spent alot of time on it.

But sit tight! You'll find out much more soon.

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 53 (1,095 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MB, fantastic news on all these cracking updates. BUT, one question... Will they work on a PS3 browser?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 53 (1,088 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Great! :smileyvery-happy:

What i dont get though is why polls were removed! Honestly MB why?

Why did this forum "upgrade" give us less features than before?

I know you wont answer me, but one can try :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 53 (1,078 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would prefer to see some kinda time limit/ post number to unlock ability to give kudos, there are already too many people that spam the boards to up their post count and it doesn't mean anything at the mo, once you reward the spammers all hell will break loose, maybe over 30 days with over xxx posts, that would keep the spamming to a minimum, just a thought
-----------------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/#!/ColdZero2006
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 53 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

SCEE Finally, finally getting their act together it seems!
Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 53 (1,042 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Cool this has been needed for a long time keep up the good work MB :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 53 (1,032 Views)
0 Kudos