02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Lestrade - an introduction.

47 Replies 3,137 Views Created 25-04-2007
Hello there!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Lestrade and I am the newest addition to the English Community team. I will be taking over most of the duties that BongoFrenzy was doing. I know that filling his shoes will be a particularly hard task (especially as he wears size 15 clown shoes left over from when he ran away to join the circus – that’s a story for another time) but I will try my best.

I would love for you to think of me as a kindly farmer whose job is to plant the virtual seeds that make up the PlayStation community so that they might grow into a crop of thrilling game experiences and enlightening forum discussions.

So, aside from making particularly rubbish analogies, let me tell you what I’ll actually be doing…

With the help of our team of fantastic MVPs I will be organizing and running games and events across our supported online titles. In addition to this, I will be spending time on the official forums listening to your feedback and communicating to you all the essential knowledge you need to create your ultimate gaming environment!

I’ll be working hand in hand with the fabulously talented moderation team, who you probably already know and love, of BetaBoy, cnn_soldier, Kazz, Mojoswift and Mr Trill to build forums that you can feel proud to be a part of.

So I guess that by now you’re probably dying to find out a little more about me. I have spent a bit of time working with the community of a rather well know television show. Before that I worked in the games industry and considered myself to be quite a good online gamer – that is until I joined the PLAYSTATION®Network and had my bottom well and truly spanked in Resistance Fall of Man and MotorStorm, but as my dear old mother used to say: “its better to have lost and loved it than never to have lost at all”. I’m committed to immersing myself in all aspects of the PlayStation universe and will draw upon my extensive gaming experiences gathered across various consoles as well as the PC.

Anyway, I can’t wait to meet you all and hope that as you will wave at me as you speed past in MotorStorm or do a little dance of greeting in that split second before you pull the trigger in Resistance. Failing that, see you here on the forums!

Talk soon,
Lestrade.
0 Kudos
LABELS:

Lestrade's Sig - by Narr
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

[Kazzoo]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Kazzoo]
Accepted Solution
Well, I think it's time to make a more in depth introduction post.

Most of you have encountered me at one point or another this last month, and I must say I am warming to this place. :)

I'm a fan of most genres but I love survival horrors and action adventure games, especially Resident Evil, Haunting Ground and Silent Hill. I'm currently playing Tales of Eternia and Resident Evil 4.
I am also a huge fan of retro games and I've been collecting mega drive games for a few years now. For fun I work for DDR:uk as a moderator and helping to run events/games rooms at most anime and sci-fi events in England.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys a little better! Feel free to PM me if you would like to chat. :D

Kazz
0 Kudos

Re: Lestrade - an introduction.

/16

SniperChris

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SniperChris
Accepted Solution
Bonjour! Welcome and good luck

~ Chris
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GalorndonKor

• Beta Tester
59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GalorndonKor
Accepted Solution
:D Welcome Everyone!!:D

:gr8:

Lestrade - coolest name ever!!:D
0 Kudos

/16

Elixor

99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Elixor
Accepted Solution
Hey ! Welcome Lestrade ! :) :) :)
0 Kudos

Re : Re: Lestrade - an introduction.

/16

BennyBoosh

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BennyBoosh
Accepted Solution
Welcome new mods and community people.
0 Kudos

Re: Re : Re: Lestrade - an introduction.

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
i totally missed this topic. but welcome... to this forum!

although Moriarty would have been a finer name, somebody must have taken that one by now, but we cant hold that against you, for long. i assume youve mainly been hired to help Bongo sort through all the PMs Sheepboy has been sending him? its a two man job, like folding pants.
0 Kudos

KZAM!
/16

[MK WONE]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[MK WONE]
Accepted Solution
The community of a well known TV show, go on then what was it? I hope for the love of god its not reality tv based:mad: . Oh hi and welcome
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MojoSwift

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MojoSwift
Accepted Solution
Well, I think it's time to make a more in depth introduction post. Howdy! …..a more in depth intro huh? Sounds like a good idea, I can work with that! Well, like a lot of you here I’ve probably been gaming for far too long! I think the fist game I ever played was Rambo: First Blood Part II (Link), on the Commodore 64. However that game was seriously hard so I soon moved onto become obsessed with all the Dizzy’s, Spy vs Spy’s and many more. (I could go on all day about these old games, does anyone remember The Great Escape? Did anyone ever complete that?) Like most people I became a massive Nintendo fanboy when NES came out, followed suit and bought the SNES and then of course the N64 – Goldeneye became a seriously unhealthy pastime and I still remain unbeaten among a few social circles! :cool: (*gloats*). However lets face it after the PS came out there really was no looking back, so I never actually bought a game cube! (Although I am still a big Zelda fan and am dying to play Twilight Princess.) In reference to PS games I’m sure I love and loved all the same titles as you guys, the list is endless. Generally though, I’m a big FPS & RPG fan, I almost never play sport games, just my personal preference! Anyway enough about my job (:D ), other than gaming I do have a few more interests. One is that I like to get serious and creative with 3D computer graphics and I’m a big Maya buff as a result. I love watching almost anything computer animated and I’ve even put a few together myself (They haven’t hit the cinemas just yet!). So there you have it! A little glimpse at me! See you around guys!
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

richard4481

• MVP
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
richard4481
Accepted Solution
welcome to all the new mods :gr8:
0 Kudos

/16

BennyBoosh

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BennyBoosh
Accepted Solution
I love watching almost anything computer animated and I’ve even put a few together myself (They haven’t hit the cinemas just yet!). You should upload them on Youtube.
0 Kudos

/16

[CoolHandBen]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[CoolHandBen]
Accepted Solution
Welcome Lestrade & new mods. :gr8: Lestrade what is your PSN btw? if it's in your sig I will edit this before you can see it. :D
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Vikki

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Vikki
Accepted Solution
Hello Lestrade and other community mods

The TV show you should have been working on to be fully ready for this forum was 'House of Tiny Terrors'

:D
0 Kudos

/16

BradleyUK

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BradleyUK
Accepted Solution
Welcome Lestrade and the new moderation team! :) Enjoy modding!
0 Kudos

BradleySig
ZeroPatrol
/16

Lestrade

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lestrade
Accepted Solution
Welcome Lestrade & new mods. :gr8:

Lestrade what is your PSN btw?

Hey - my PSN is also Lestrade. There's no way I'd be able to remember two different logins!

:)
0 Kudos

Lestrade's Sig - by Narr
/16

[CoolHandBen]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[CoolHandBen]
Accepted Solution
Hey - my PSN is also Lestrade. There's no way I'd be able to remember two different logins! :)Cool, i'll send an invite later. :)
0 Kudos

/16

MrTrill

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrTrill
Accepted Solution
I will make this short but sweet.

First I would like to say hello to Lestrade. Welcome and I hope you have a good time here.

Secondly I would like to introduce myself. I am MrTrill. I have been around for awhile but I have been lurking in the shadows (practicing ninja).

Of course gaming is one of my main interests. I have a degree in Computer Games so I am also good at Maya. My favourite game at the moment is Resistance: Fall of Man. Hopefully I will get to participate in some of the events and of course win them.

Yes I am that good!

Feel free to PM me if you have any issues or if you want to talk.

PEACE!!! :gr8:
0 Kudos

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
/16

[cnn_soldier]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[cnn_soldier]
Accepted Solution
*Waves*

Nice to see you again Mr Trill!

:D
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

rancidpunk

• Award Winner
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rancidpunk
Accepted Solution
My favourite game at the moment is Resistance: Fall of Man. Hopefully I will get to participate in some of the events and of course win them. Yes I am that good! I'm guessing you won't get a reputation as modest mod!! :gr8:
0 Kudos

My flickr
Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
/16

BennyBoosh

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BennyBoosh
Accepted Solution
So many invisible people that we have not seen before this topic. =p
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MojoSwift

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MojoSwift
Accepted Solution
...so I am also good at Maya.

Ha!
(dubbed kung fu movie voice)

I challange you to a duel!

Ha!
0 Kudos

/16

[Nithead]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Nithead]
Accepted Solution
So I guess that by now you’re probably dying to find out a little more about me. I have spent a bit of time working with the community of a rather well know television show. was that one of those phone in scam shows? is that why your here? tsk tsk tsk, we don't condone that sort of behaviour! anywhoo welcome, enjoy your stay but for the love of god take your shoes off before entering a topic and keep your feet off the furniture (also don't pet sheepy, he bites!)
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel