04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Uncharted 3 Aussie Launch Event Competition

11 Replies 391 Views Created 26-10-2011
Uncharted 3 Aussie Launch Event Competition

It's the event you've been waiting for - the Australian launch of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - and we've got 20 double passes up for grabs.

We're giving away 20 double passes to an exclusive launch event to be held at Sydney's Opera House on 2nd November 2011. The lucky winners will explore uncharted territory with an inside look at the blockbuster PS3™ exclusive from special guest Keith Guerrette, Lead FX Artist from Naughty Dog, Inc. Keith will be giving everyone a very special in depth look at Uncharted 3, detailing the challenges and triumphs of working on such a blockbuster title.

To win one of twenty double passes to this special event, all you have to do is tell us, in 25 words or less, what you think defines a great video game hero. If you're having trouble getting started, check out this awesome video of a group of Hollywood actors and directors discussing their thoughts on what defines a hero. 

Email your answer to competitions@au.playstation.com, and if you're a winner, we'll email you with all the specific event details on Monday, 31st October 2011.

Note: You must be 18 years or over to enter this competition.

Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms & Conditions prior to entering the competition:

Uncharted 3 Launch Event Terms and Conditions

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Pretoria Sig
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

KeyNoir

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KeyNoir
Accepted Solution

I was hoping that there would be a launch event for Uncharted 3. :smileyvery-happy:

I really enjoy hearing game developers talk passionately about their projects. Competition entered. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Re: Uncharted 3 Aussie Launch Event Competition

Award Winner
/16

deserteaglezx

• Award Winner
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deserteaglezx
Accepted Solution
defs entering
0 Kudos

^ The above post is my signature ^
Beta Tester
/16

MiteyLFC

• Beta Tester
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MiteyLFC
Accepted Solution

Hopefully we all win, haven't seen you in a while deserteaglezx lol

0 Kudos

/16

DashBob

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DashBob
Accepted Solution
Yeah, he only participates to try and win the competitions. He's not a dedicated PS forum guy anymore. ; )
0 Kudos

Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!
/16

DashBob

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DashBob
Accepted Solution
So do people think everyone who goes along to this event will get a copy of the game?
Sounds like Sony are trying to replicate the Uncharted event held in the US. Everyone who attended that event got showered with gifts : )
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MiteyLFC

• Beta Tester
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MiteyLFC
Accepted Solution

Me & my bro didn't win tickets this time!! Would have been mad to go to this Uncharted event

0 Kudos

/16

KeyNoir

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KeyNoir
Accepted Solution

DashBob wrote:
Sounds like Sony are trying to replicate the Uncharted event held in the US. Everyone who attended that event got showered with gifts : )

Do you have any links to photos or blogs about that US event? All I can find is is this blog post. They certainly had a lot of big names in attendance. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

deserteaglezx

• Award Winner
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deserteaglezx
Accepted Solution
Still waitin for my tick's

@dash - i visit a few times a month. But i only go straight to announcement section haha
0 Kudos

^ The above post is my signature ^
/16

DashBob

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DashBob
Accepted Solution
Same bro! I should change sig to say "Only posting for free stuff" now that betas are readily available.

KeyNoir - there was this ps blog post, but not much in the way of what happened at the actually event
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/26/uncharted-3-storms-amc-theatres-near-you-in-3d/
0 Kudos

/16

KeyNoir

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KeyNoir
Accepted Solution

DashBob wrote:
KeyNoir - there was this ps blog post, but not much in the way of what happened at the actually event
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/26/uncharted-3-storms-amc-theatres-near-you-in-3d/

Lots of great comments on that blog post. :)

Anyway, I managed to get invited to the Australian event by one of the double pass winners, and it was spectacular. :smileyvery-happy:

The Opera House venue, impressive in its own right, was completely decked out with ammo boxes and antiques. There were consoles set up for multiplayer, single player, co-op and 3D. Professional actors, hired as Nathan and Elena, were happy to pose for photographs on a mini green-screen stage. There was even a wonderful lady wandering around the entire evening with a live snake! The food ranged from wagyu beef and pate, to popcorn and fish & chips. Truly, with this much pizazz there was no need to shower us with gifts, yet one lucky person walked away with the Explorer Edition under his arm. I managed to nab a signed (by Keith) poster on my way out.

Basically Sony went all-out with this event and I had a fantastic time. :smileyvery-happy:

Edit: We were also given access to free wifi and encouraged to tweet with the hashtag #uc3aulaunch so check out twitter for more details about the event.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

DashBob

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DashBob
Accepted Solution
Sounds fantastic dude. Would have loved to get along to this event!
I'm glad the PlayStation team put on a good show for the release of what looks like an amazing game.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel