PlayStation®Network

Announcements

Announcements

Level 3

Re: Uncharted 3 Aussie Launch Event Competition

[ Edited ]

DashBob wrote:
KeyNoir - there was this ps blog post, but not much in the way of what happened at the actually event
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/26/uncharted-3-storms-amc-theatres-near-you-in-3d/

Lots of great comments on that blog post. :smileyhappy:

Anyway, I managed to get invited to the Australian event by one of the double pass winners, and it was spectacular. :smileyvery-happy:

The Opera House venue, impressive in its own right, was completely decked out with ammo boxes and antiques. There were consoles set up for multiplayer, single player, co-op and 3D. Professional actors, hired as Nathan and Elena, were happy to pose for photographs on a mini green-screen stage. There was even a wonderful lady wandering around the entire evening with a live snake! The food ranged from wagyu beef and pate, to popcorn and fish & chips. Truly, with this much pizazz there was no need to shower us with gifts, yet one lucky person walked away with the Explorer Edition under his arm. I managed to nab a signed (by Keith) poster on my way out.

Basically Sony went all-out with this event and I had a fantastic time. :smileyvery-happy:

Edit: We were also given access to free wifi and encouraged to tweet with the hashtag #uc3aulaunch so check out twitter for more details about the event.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 12 (181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Uncharted 3 Aussie Launch Event Competition

Sounds fantastic dude. Would have loved to get along to this event!
I'm glad the PlayStation team put on a good show for the release of what looks like an amazing game.

Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 12 (138 Views)
0 Kudos