Announcements

04 Jun 2012
By: Pretoria Beta Tester 4506 Posts
Level 9

Watch Sony Computer Entertainment America’s E3 2012 Press Conference Live

4 Replies 178 Views Created 04-06-2012

e3 2012.png

Hi everyone!

This year your E3 coverage will be coming from Simon Bramble and myself, Katy Macdonald. We’ll be keeping you updated all week on all the latest news here on the blog, at eu.playstation.com and also through Twitter and Flickr.

As part of our E3 coverage, I’m pleased to confirm that we will be providing a live video stream of this year’s SCEA press conference.

Don’t miss out on a moment of the action – join us at the Los Angeles Convention Centre on Tuesday 5th June 2012 at 02:00 BST. I know it’s late, but I can promise you it’ll be well worth staying up for.

You can watch the press conference in full right here on the PlayStation Blog, and let us know what you think about the announcements as they happen in the comments section.

You can also follow all of our E3 coverage across these channels:

• Facebook – Watch the press conference live on Facebook at facebook.com/playstationeu
  • Twitter – Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/PlayStationEU to get the latest updates wherever you are
  • Flickr – We’ll be uploading photos from E3 throughout the week, so keep an eye on our Flickr account for the most up to date snaps from the show

See you there!

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Watch Sony Computer Entertainment America’s E3 2012 Press Conference Live

Once again, Sony put on an impressive show for E3.

I'm really looking forward to "Beyond: Two Souls" by Quantic Dream. It promises to have another gripping yet disturbing storyline ala Heavy Rain.

Sony's Jack Tretton seemed to be the most enthusiastic about "PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale". I had a strong sense of deja-vu rather than innovation after watching the live demonstration. Nonetheless I'm sure it will be a nice addition to the PlayStation party game line-up.

PlayStation Plus has some big new titles for North America including Little Big Planet 2 and inFamous 2. I'm quietly optimistic about the eu region content this month.

Assassin's Creed III is to include ship-based canon fights. (Similar to Cutthroat in PS Home, only in HD).

Far Cry III will have a 4 player co-op campaign in addition to the single player story. The devs were very proud to have hidden this fact; that they have made two games instead of one.

Wonderbook is an interesting development. It is an augmented reality storybook application. I get the impression that upcoming titles such as Moonbot and Diggs Nightcrawler are aimed at a very young audience. I'm unsure why the tv commercial featured a 12 year old boy and his sister.

The launch title "Miranda Goshawk's BOOK OF SPELLS" by J.K. Rowling is bound to sell an abundance of copies regardless. Players will purchase a large hardcover book with a 2D barcode instead of coverart, and learn the iconic spells from Harry Potter. The end of each chapter includes new moralistic poems written by J.K. Rowling. The use of the PlayStation Move as a magic wand (as in Sorcery) is a brilliant concept, but both of the adults doing the live demonstration were struggling with the controls. At one point a paper dragon emerges from a page of the book. The key-framed animation was jerky and abrupt, while the model appeared to have no texture at all (it didn't even look like parchment paper). I will probably buy a copy of Book of Spells when it comes out (provided it doesn't cost too much), but I do hope that the developers have plenty of time to iron out all the bugs.

HTC will be the first 3rd party provider to include "PlayStation Mobile".

The crowd was very excited about God of War Ascension. What can I say? Kratos!

"The Last of Us" from Naughty Dog was a fitting finale. I think that players will either love or hate protecting the little (but not at all helpless) girl.

I was surprised that Little Big Planet Karting didn't  receive a promo during the press conference, but the trailer was tacked on to the end of the live stream.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

eh... meh... why... then tasty, omg, awesome, ending in shwing...the last of us looks juicy sweet....was better than the cut & paste microsoftinthepants show... i swear i was watching last years poxbox conference! lazy much?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Being the R&C fanboy that I am I was hoping for a mention of Ratchet & Clank, either the HD collection or the new game coming, alas it was not to be.

Still was exciting watching the Press Conference live, the first time I'd ever done so.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i think the Wonderbook is pretty cool - can be used in a very educational way for younger kids too!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (129 Views)
0 Kudos