23 Nov 2012
Playstation Staff

AC3. LARGE Thanksgiving Patch should be out today

[ Edited ]
8 Replies 880 Views edited 23-11-2012

Taken from Ubisoft official site

Since launch, we’ve been poring through your comments and collaborating with our Forum Managers, Customer Support Representatives and Developers to prioritize a list of updates for Assassin’s Creed III.

We are committed to making sure people playing Assassin's Creed III get the best possible experience and will be delivering a patch update this week which contains over a hundred fixes and enhancements. Here are just a few of the issues we are addressing:

• SINGLE-PLAYER - Returned Connor’s hood to normal behavior at the end of the game (hood remains up when in Frontier or Cities)
  • SINGLE-PLAYER - Reduced difficulty of certain chases
  • SINGLE PLAYER – Fixed Various visual glitches
  • SINGLE-PLAYER - Fixed player spawn points to reduce desynch on spawn
  • SINGLE PLAYER – Fixed rare occurrences of glitches blocking your progression in the main story & secondary missions
  • MULTIPLAYER – Tweaked settings to improve connections
  • MULTIPLAYER – Tweaked some of the abilities and other gameplay elements
  • MULTIPLAYER – Fixed some issues with ranking

For a full list of fixes, click this link (CAUTION SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT IN DESCRIPTIONS).

As stated above, this first patch is nearly complete and we should be rolling it out by the end of this week.

We will also continue working to resolve any remaining issues that have been reported and in the meantime you can reach out to us on the Support - Twitter and on the Ubisoft Support Site.

Direct link to the PDF containing ALL the fixes

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (880 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: AC3. LARGE Thanksgiving Patch should be out today

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately however long this list is, it only scratches the surface of the incredible number of bugs this game suffers from. Seriously I have never seen such a broken piece of software in my life.

I used to be a software developer years ago and software in such a state would not pass the basic unit test phase, let alone the following stages of testing.

It is obvious that the Ubisoft management was aware of the situation but they didn't care because they didn't want to delay the game. I would feel less robbed of my money if someone stole my wallet on the bus. Publishing this game was a complete act of robbery and I urge everyone to boycott Ubisoft and not to buy Far Cry 3 or any other Ubisoft game ever. I am sorry for the honest people who work there but their managers have the moral stand of a drug dealing cartel, so I want to see Ubisoft go bankrupt as soon as possible. Obviously I am not going to buy a Ubisoft game ever again in my life.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (662 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I feel your pain but this may be a tad extreme lol.

I haven't had any single player problems at all? I don't quite understand the fuss although I wasn't that far into the game when the patch was released so maybe I am a lucky one.

I only find that the single player stats do not sync properly on their Assassins Network. :/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (629 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There are at least 20 identified bugs that will stop you from reaching 100% DNA synch, which is a requirement to get all trophies in the game; even if eventually these bugs are fixed I doubt the gamesaves of people who have invested hundreds of hours will be rescued.

There is a thread on the Ubisoft forum about the AC3 single player bugs and it is more than 100 pages long (I am not joking). So, no I don't think my reaction is too extreme.

Where are you in the game? There are bugs that are basically impossible to avoid, like the ledger tutorial problem in sequence 5 or some side missions like delivery requests not progressing or characters not interacting to complete a quest, etc. I just do not believe you haven't met any bug, it's just that you haven't noticed yet.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

andyrome64 wrote:

There are at least 20 identified bugs that will stop you from reaching 100% DNA synch, which is a requirement to get all trophies in the game; even if eventually these bugs are fixed I doubt the gamesaves of people who have invested hundreds of hours will be rescued.

There is a thread on the Ubisoft forum about the AC3 single player bugs and it is more than 100 pages long (I am not joking). So, no I don't think my reaction is too extreme.

To be fair I ain't tried that 100% sync yet but I know people who have 100% and the platinum so it must be do-able? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (617 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MissSouthampton wrote:

andyrome64 wrote:

To be fair I ain't tried that 100% sync yet but I know people who have 100% and the platinum so it must be do-able? 

It is doable but say you start a side mission and, for whatever reason, must quit halfway through it, then several missions will be ****ed up and you won't be able to complete them. Or if you end up with pivots in unreachable positions. Or if your "encyclopedia of the common man" activities do not register, etc, etc. Or if your convoy gets stuck "under attack" with no way to send other convoys.

More details here (page 111!!!!!):

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-...

Winning the lottery is doable so yes platinum on AC3 is doable but most people will hit bugs that will prevent them from reaching 100% sync. I am definitely one of them as I completed several delivery requests but they didn't register in the DNA synch so that's 30 hours of gameplay lost if I want to platinum the game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Eeeeeeeeeeek. 

Are they releasing abother patch then? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (579 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

MissSouthampton wrote:

Eeeeeeeeeeek. 

Are they releasing abother patch then? 

Well apparently they are more interested in making more money with additional DLC instead of fixing the problems of people who have ALREADY given them money.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (552 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Hmm. Lets hope they are working on it :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (545 Views)