04 Feb 2013
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Assassin's Creed 3 - Fanorona - If You Can't Win Guide

10 Replies 30,433 Views Created 04-02-2013

If you would like a bronze trophy called Original Gamer then you will have to win at this game.

If you would like to win this game by your own merit go back now. If like me, you wanted to kick the vicar in the head (he is made of pixels not a real vicar) then a little intervention is needed. 

If you go back to the Homestead after games completion you can still play within the main house but your opponent will now be the vicar and unfortunately he is not forgiving. Still an expert player.

His hand waving across the board will annoy you. Now this game has a simple premise but it just takes a lot of thinking and planning ahead which I just don't have time for. However I do understand the game, I would always make a mistake and fail towards the end.

Always play second. I recorded my win and then replayed several times to earn the £500 for playing games and it didn't go the same way for me each solution is different. That is why it is so hard to do a guide that you can directly copy. You either have to learn how to play the game or do what I did and use a computer programme.

If you are using the computer programme you play as the opponent and the computer is you. When the vicar makes a move, move the piece in the programme. Then the computer will solve the next move which you copy for your turn on the game. Watch all the vicars moves carefully so you do not make a mistake. Otherwise start again. 

The Grid

E3 will always be the empty space on the board. Smack bang in the middle. If you are playing 2nd. You will playing as the darker pieces.

fanorona-board.jpg

Moves 

Capturing the other pieces occurs if you move close to or away from an opposing piece on the same line. You can also use combo moves, when the red arrow occurs and you can do several moves at once after capturing if another move is available the red arrow will appear.

You must be on the same line to capture. If you end a turn on the same line as an opposing piece it is likely that they will capture you first. The moves available are glowing on the board. However you can choose to end your turn early if you wish i.e. not to take the following move. This is sometimes beneficial. 

capture.jpg

You have to make sure that the opponent cannot capture all your pieces but you may need to forfeit some to progress. Here is a video below of one solution. You have to make sure that the opponent cannot capture all your pieces but you may need to forfeit some to progress.

If you are lucky you may get the same moves as me but it is doubtful. You may get so many and then work it out half way through. The vicar will go one of 2 ways to start with it is easier if he starts as the video suggests if he goes the other way, I found it harder.

If you have any more questions I will try and help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (30,433 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 - Fanorona - If You Can't Win Guide

Hello. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to post this, as it is obvious it took quite some time.

Though, i have some important questions for you. You put up a link, and that takes me to "Zillions of Games". the thing is, I have NO idea what to do next. Its a page with a whole bunch of things in it. Would you mind guinding step by step how to go about downloading the program. and, how do you install it in your Ps3? I have NO idea what you mean. Some guy was talking about it in a tropphy guide, but I cannot figure out what the hell he's talking about. What do I download? where do I install? What program? Where do I find it? How do I get it started?

If you could answer, I would greatly appreciate that. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (30,370 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

cnx2022 wrote:

Though, i have some important questions for you. You put up a link, and that takes me to "Zillions of Games". the thing is, I have NO idea what to do next. Its a page with a whole bunch of things in it. Would you mind guinding step by step how to go about downloading the program. and, how do you install it in your Ps3?

Hi, unfortunately you need a PC / laptop that is Windows compatible. I am not sure about tablet / mobile etc. It probably, I haven't tried, won't download to PS3. 

What do I download? where do I install? What program?

Do you have a PC / laptop near your PS3? It would be greatly useful if you did!

where do I find it? How do I get it started?

If you are able to access a PC or similiar which is Windows compatible, Windows XP and above. Download the demo http://www.zillions-of-games.com/demo/ 

Are you able to do this? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (30,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

That Zillions of Games method will work so long as you can figure out how to match the AC3 gameplay with the pc game which is not that easy since you have to play in the opposite direction.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Like". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (30,169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

GoodBytes wrote:

That Zillions of Games method will work so long as you can figure out how to match the AC3 gameplay with the pc game which is not that easy since you have to play in the opposite direction.

Lol yes but once you get used to it. It is a breeze. You basically work opposite and have to have a computer nearby obvs. I guess it's not so easy but it does work once you figured it out. 

Also in Zillions Of Games it sometimes ends the turn early which you can do in game but it doesn't make it obvious how to do this. 

I don't think I would have won at this if it was not for me using this method :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (30,167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I'm fiddling with Zillions now. I'm going to try opting to play as both players then use the "give hint" option to make my moves :smileytongue:

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Like". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (30,163 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

GoodBytes wrote:

I'm fiddling with Zillions now. I'm going to try opting to play as both players then use the "give hint" option to make my moves :smileytongue:

Ha. Good luck :smileyhappy:

P.S. This is a seriously annoying game and trophy to get :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (30,161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Thanks!

I don't care about the trophy, I just want to win this game once! lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (30,158 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks so much! The program was what helped me finally get that platinum trophy! I'm so glad I clicked on this link or I would have never known about this tactic. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (29,158 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Nin10gamer wrote:
Thanks so much! The program was what helped me finally get that platinum trophy! I'm so glad I clicked on this link or I would have never known about this tactic. :smileyhappy:

Aww..... shucks.

This just made me feel all warm n snugly. :catvery-happy:

It's like this community thang is bringing people together, and helping others, an everythin!

See not only is she the only Miss Southampton, she also helps you get that all important plat...

"Missy Missy she's our wo-man, if she can't do it....."

Spoiler

"....this bird probably can" :cattongue:

MissSouthampton.JPG

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (29,132 Views)