03 May 2012
By: tahirpasha Member 60 Posts
Level 2

Assassin’s Creed fans pummel author who claims Ubisoft stole from him

6 Replies 332 Views Created 03-05-2012

what you guys think about this author ???

http://gamesanalyzer.com/?p=604

FOR MORE INFO VISIT :

gamesanalyzer.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: Assassin’s Creed fans pummel author who claims Ubisoft stole from him

I couldn't get the link to load but is it the same as our discussion here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Assassin-s-Creed/Ubisoft-being-sued-D/td-p/15801533 ?

Can you take some snippets from the article and post them here? I can't even get the site to load... Is it the correct URL? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (309 Views)
Level 2

ok i am posting .. its my mistake i forgot it .....
FOR MORE INFO VISIT :

gamesanalyzer.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Sci-fi author John Beiswenger recently filed a lawsuit against video-game publisher Ubisoft. He alleged that the French company stole the story for its blockbuster Assassin’s Creed video game series from his novel, Link. The 2002 book features a device that allows characters to relive their ancestors’ memories, which is similar to the function of the “animus” used by the main characters in the Assassin’s Creed universe.

Justice has yet to be served in this case, but a group of vigilante gamers have taken to their digital steeds to rustle up some ol’ fashioned internet justice. The punishment took the form of over 100 one-star reviews on Link’s Amazon product page from a group of what are apparently very devoted Assassin’s Creed fans.

Some of the reviews attempt to criticize the content of the book:

“This is the worst book I have ever read in my life! Do not buy this book! Never ever buy this product,” reads a review from Amazon user Katniss_Everdeen_65.

While others seem to have taken it a bit more personally:

“You sue one of my favorite game series[sic], you’re going to get payback. I hope that all of the fans do the same,” reads FatleBoo8′s thoughtful critique.

Angry fans continue in that vein in dozens of single-star reviews. Although, as Amazon user Robert Weinhold points out: “Ugh,unfortunately zero stars was not an option….”

FOR MORE INFO VISIT :

gamesanalyzer.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

If there is enough evidence to support his claims then he has the right to sue no amount of fans complaining is going to change that. I am torn to my thoughts on this subject if it were true and i was in his shoes i would be insanely annoyed if i had found direct evidence that my book was used as a basis for one of playstations most successful games but he has to have direct evidence of that fact. Accusing Ubisoft for stealing his ideas due something as general as revisiting the past is hardly a basis for his claim that they stole from him. If that is the case then why doesn't star trek sue stargate for using teleporters in their series just because they thought of it first. Unless in his proceedings he can come up with direct evidence that clealry shows that they actually stole from him then his argument is moot and a waste of court time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

from my opinion he jxt wanted to increase the hype of his book .. lol

FOR MORE INFO VISIT :

gamesanalyzer.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (291 Views)
Level 2

This is dumb...

When the oringinal perfect dark was released on N64, a kid tried to sue Rareware for stealing his idea and not giving him credit.

His idea was prevously posted to them and read along the lines of:

"you should make a spy game with a woman as the player that sneaks about and shoots people on secret missions"

This is the same kind of deal. Whats next? Ford sue Jaguar for having doors on their cars?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (219 Views)
0 Kudos