14 Feb 2012
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Assassins Creed 3

[ Edited ]
414 Replies 10,530 Views edited 11-10-2012

WELCOME TO THE ASSASSIN'S CREED 3 THREAD!

First Look: Assassin's Creed III - Boston Port Vista

For more info on the game check out the links below!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/07/first-look-assassins-creed-iii/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_III

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-gb/index.aspx

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item475822/Assassins-Creed%C2%AE-III/?WT.mc_id=PDC_Forum_...

After more than 20 years of conflict, the 13 American colonies and the British Crown are on the brink of war. Battle lines are drawn. Bloodshed is inevitable.

• Eliminate your foes with an expanded arsenal of weaponry including bows, pistols, the tomahawk and the signature blade of the Assassin's Order.

• Explore densely populated cities, situated along the vast wilderness of a dangerous frontier, teeming with wildlife.

• Experience new gameplay that delivers the brutality and beauty of a nation caught up in an epic war for independence.

For info on Assassin's Creed: Liberation for the PlayStation Vita please click the link below!

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Assassin-s-Creed/Assassin-s-Creed-Liberation/m-p/16246867/hig...

Be sure to check out the videos below and keep checking back for more info! Also feel free to post any news or anything else you come across relating to the game in this thread!

Message 1 of 415 (10,530 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Assassins Creed 3 Set For The American Revolution?

It should be set in Desmond's present time shouldn't it? Isn't it 2012 they are in?
Message 2 of 415 (10,523 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

DNAtlantic wrote:
It should be set in Desmond's present time shouldn't it? Isn't it 2012 they are in?

Why so?

As for the American Revolution setting, I can't really say I'm a fan. Especially weaponry wise, muskets and flintlock pistols etc (I'm no historian, feel free to correct me). I hope the gameplay doesn't change too much.

I was hoping for an ancient setting myself. That said though, if the developers feel that the new setting is better from a plot perspective, then fair play.

Message 3 of 415 (10,520 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

After researching (wikipedia :smileyvery-happy:) The American Revolution began in 1763 and then that's all I could be bothered to read lol. It's basically when America became The USA and broke away from Great Britians ruling. I think...

The American Revolution was predicated by a number of ideas and events that, combined, led to a political and social separation of colonial possessions from the home nation and a coalescing of those former individual colonies into an independent nation.

Headache much lol. So it would be set in America and the British Empire? Would be interesting actually and I might learn something. Dropped History at school as soon as I could! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 415 (10,518 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Loco311 wrote:

DNAtlantic wrote:

Why so?

As for the American Revolution setting, I can't really say I'm a fan. Especially weaponry wise, muskets and flintlock pistols etc (I'm no historian, feel free to correct me). I hope the gameplay doesn't change too much.

I was hoping for an ancient setting myself. That said though, if the developers feel that the new setting is better from a plot perspective, then fair play.

The story always has pointed to 2012. My assumption has been that the final game would be set more so in Desmonds time and seeing a video that's in the game that It could also be in the "beginning". That's what I think anyway... I could be miles off.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 415 (10,513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Assuming your on about the end of revelations, it really confused me tbh, it posed more questions than it answered. I don't understand how Desmond suddenly knew where to go next either.

The trouble with setting it in the present is that the technology of today doesn't really fit the assassin gameplay, although that said, the American revolution is hardly sword wielding guards though.

At the minute, I'd like to know if the gameplay will change much, and if so, how?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 415 (10,508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I just want to be able to run across rooftops and stab people.

If the gameplay is drastically changed I'm not interested. I think the 2012 story and desmond stuff is rubbish I just really like the gameplay, and though ezio was cool.
Message 7 of 415 (10,503 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Loco311 wrote:

Assuming your on about the end of revelations, it really confused me tbh, it posed more questions than it answered. I don't understand how Desmond suddenly knew where to go next either.

The trouble with setting it in the present is that the technology of today doesn't really fit the assassin gameplay, although that said, the American revolution is hardly sword wielding guards though.

At the minute, I'd like to know if the gameplay will change much, and if so, how?

From Wikipedia: Below contains spoilers to the ending of AC: Revelations. Read at your own discretion. 

Spoiler
"Desmond is approached by Jupiter, a member of the First Civilization. He explains that the First Civilization had built numerous vaults to study methods to save the planet from destruction. All of the data collected was transmitted to a central vault, where the data was tested. None of the methods were effective, however, and they failed to stop the solar flare from destroying their civilization. Jupiter tells Desmond that he has the power to save the planet from a second solar flare, showing him the location of the central vault. Desmond then wakes from the Animus to see Rebecca, Shaun, and his father William standing over him. They had managed to smuggle him out of Rome, and had taken him to the central vault. Desmond then tells the other Assassins that he knows what to do. Underground, the central vault activates."

@Tabor Why would you get the next game if you don't care for the story? Confused face :smileyfrustrated:

Message 8 of 415 (10,496 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I see, that clarifies a few things. It does not, however clarify what the American revolution brings to the table.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 415 (10,491 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

DNAtlantic wrote:

Loco311 wrote:

From Wikipedia: Below contains spoilers to the ending of AC: Revelations. Read at your own discretion. 

Spoiler
"Desmond is approached by Jupiter, a member of the First Civilization. He explains that the First Civilization had built numerous vaults to study methods to save the planet from destruction. All of the data collected was transmitted to a central vault, where the data was tested. None of the methods were effective, however, and they failed to stop the solar flare from destroying their civilization. Jupiter tells Desmond that he has the power to save the planet from a second solar flare, showing him the location of the central vault. Desmond then wakes from the Animus to see Rebecca, Shaun, and his father William standing over him. They had managed to smuggle him out of Rome, and had taken him to the central vault. Desmond then tells the other Assassins that he knows what to do. Underground, the central vault activates."

@Tabor Why would you get the next game if you don't care for the story? Confused face :smileyfrustrated:

I am interested in the story (I have followed it during the games) but I think it seems a bit silly.

I would quite happily play it without all the future bits. It was why I couldn't get into it first time I played it.

I like the bits in the annimus but the present day/near future desmond stuff I couldn't get into. Perhaps when I go back to ac2 it will make more sense and desmond will show some kind of personality (I didn't play much of it to be fair, only got brotherhood after the revelations online beta which I loved)

I will get the next one if it is the same sort of thing because I enjoy running across rooftops assassinating people.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 415 (10,471 Views)
0 Kudos