01 Jan 2011
Playstation Staff

Brotherhood: Red Tracks in Monteriggioni villa (maybe spoilers)

7 Replies 11,207 Views Created 01-01-2011

Hello,

Am about 30% threw brotherhood at the moment. When you play as Desmond when you leave the animus. If you go outside and use the eagle vision thing. You will notice a red trail leading to the front of the villa and then the track ends in front of a sewer.

Am suppose to do anything or will I find out later on in the game? (PLEASE DON'T tell me what it is if I do find out later just simply say yes you find out later or something along them lines thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (11,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Brotherhood: Red Tracks in Monteriggioni villa (maybe spoilers)

No worries on spoilers, because nothing is said of them :smileywink:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (11,200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I was fascinated by this, and I was annoyed that they did not add a story or explanation to this!

If you follow the tracks they lead to the drain at the bottom of the steps, the one with the Assassins Logo on it.

I would love it if someone had an explanation or idea and could share!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (11,181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Might involve something to do with future DLC?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (11,172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

In the first AC at the end of the game you saw subject 16's blood on the walls of the abstergo building, it could be blood perhaps. I'm clutching at straws here, the logo could be some sort of secret entrance to something. Either way nothing has been confirmed as of yet and I've almost completed the game. I'm yet to unlock all of 16's video though. The rest I have finished.

Brotherhood certainly poses more questions than it answers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (11,168 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No, nothing comes of the red tracks.  There is nothing for you to do about them except wonder. But I have some theories.

Minor spoilers follow - these spoilers do not reveal any story after you see the red tracks:

Lucy is not present in the sanctuary at the time, nor could I find her anywhere in Monteriggrioni - so I think we are to assume the tracks indicate where she went.

The tracks lead to the grating below the assassin symbol at the base of the curved stairways leading to the mansion, at the north end of the main road (where the shops were in Ezio's time) - so I think we are to assume that she accessed some hidden area for an as-yet-to-be-revealed reason.

These spoilers do reveal further story:

Early in the game, when checking on your emails on the computer in the sanctuary, you get an email from an unknown recipient with the passwords for the email accounts of Lucy, Rebecca, and Shaun. Reading Lucy's emails show that she is communicating with someone, possibly a senior assassin. The content implies there is more going on than Lucy says.

At the end of the game, when Juno/the Apple forces Desmond to stab Lucy, maybe its because she isn't actually on your side?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (11,035 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I may be wrong here, but isn't it just the path back to the safe area - for if you're running back low on time so that you don't get lost?!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (4,875 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The devs have stated that they put it in to help people get back to the room easily without a map. It appears until after Sequence 6, then goes away. The red color was just an oversight on their part to try and make it stand out in Eagle Vision.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (4,601 Views)
0 Kudos