24 Dec 2012
Playstation Staff

Help on how to Deactivate a specific unlocking key code

3 Replies 360 Views Created 24-12-2012

Hello again, everyone.

Here's what happened: I bought AC3 signature edition, which comes with the uplay pass, Benedict missions and some other pack with an extra mission and a weapon (which I don't remember the name). Let's call it "pack" for short reference.

So, I have two PSN accounts. Why ? I've never been banned of PSN or anything, but being a PSHome user, I think it's safer that way. Some arguments or discussions might bring a false report on anyone, including me, and in case I'm banned, either permanentely or not, I wouldn't be able to redownload any DLCs I purchased (specially in the case of a permanent ban), so, by having a "DLC-Only" PSN account, used exclusively for purchases and code vouchers, I think I'm safe, as long as I don't interact with this account with other people on PSHome.

That said, that's why I redeemed "pack" on my DLC account. But unlike the Benedict missions, this other "pack" is not working on my gaming account. So it does not work across multiple accounts.

What I want here is a tip as to how to deactivate, or uninstall, this 100kb unlocking key, activated on my DLC account. The way I see it, I have two options, but I'm not sure one of the two would work the way I would like. And that's what I want to know. So, the options are:

1- Delete my DLC-only user account on the XMB, and reactivate it afterwards.  I wouldn't like to use this option, because it will deactivate some other DLCs on other games, and it won't tell me which DLCs will reactivate automatically once I simply log on the user account again, and which ones I would have to "reinstall" all over again. I know for a fact that Gran Turismo 5's unlocking files will have to be reinstalled again, upon creating a new user on XMB and re-linking this user to my DLC account, which would have been previously deleted to erase the AC3 information on "pack".

2- Keep my XMB user linked with my DLC-only account, and just delete AC3's gamedata from the XMB.

My doubt is..... would option 2 be enough to "deactivate/uninstall" the redeemable code/unlocking file for "pack" on my PS3 system and the user itself ???? Or do I have to go to the lenghty process of option 1 ?

Other than "deactivating/uninstalling", I want to save HDD space. Yeah I know, 100kb for a unlocking key is not too much, but since I do not use the DLC-only account for gaming, it's worthless to have a key installed and activated on my DLC account, isn't it ? So I'd really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Help on how to Deactivate a specific unlocking key code

Last time I did the DLC it was in game? I had a load of notifications come up saying what I had unlocked. This was with the Season pass tho?

What was the pack? Extras with the edition of the game you got?

Once you have redeemed a code and it has gone through with no errors it is redeemed. Therefore nothing you do can unredeem it. So save yourself the hassel.

Also you might wanna change your habits. A DLC only account should be the one you game on. Is it?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sorry mate, but you misunderstood me. I don't want to "unredeem" it, I want to "uninstall/deactivate" it on my DLC-only account.

As for using the DLC on my gaming account, I'll buy it, on my main account. It's $5.00, but I don't remember the pack's name.

So please, I still need to know, which one of the two options would "uninstall/deactivate" it on my PS3 system and my DLC account.

EzioGTF1 wrote:

1- Delete my DLC-only user account on the XMB, and reactivate it afterwards.  I wouldn't like to use this option, because it will deactivate some other DLCs on other games, and it won't tell me which DLCs will reactivate automatically once I simply log on the user account again, and which ones I would have to "reinstall" all over again. I know for a fact that Gran Turismo 5's unlocking files will have to be reinstalled again, upon creating a new user on XMB and re-linking this user to my DLC account, which would have been previously deleted to erase the AC3 information on "pack".

2- Keep my XMB user linked with my DLC-only account, and just delete AC3's gamedata from the XMB.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Oh well I am not sure. In account management there is an option to manage subscriptions but I don't think this will fall under this category. Worth a look I guess.

Also in your download list I am not sure if you can do anything with the download. It should be there though. Again worth another look.

I guess the downloads do go into the game data? I wouldn't advise deleting anything though :/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (311 Views)
0 Kudos