05 Nov 2012
Playstation Staff

Massive bug made me skip the training on the economy

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 423 Views edited 05-11-2012

This game is bugridden to the nth degree. I have already had a few instances where I walk through walls, I get trapped and I need to restart the mission or "leave the animus" to continue, but yesterday I hit a crazy bug during the section where the old black guy is supposed to explain how to trade stuff, etc.

I got trapped in the screen where you select the items, you create the recipes, etc. The circle button would not work and X was the only working button! I quit the game, restarted and I was again in that screen! Eventually I had to "send a convoy" without even knowing what I was doing just to leave that screen.

This is within mission 5 of sequence 5 if I remember correctly but that part is not replayable.

Now that mission is reported as complete and supposedly I had my training on how the economy works. Unfortunately I don't have a clue!! What's the purpose of buying materials and creating recipes? What recipes should I create? And what are convoys? I am completely lost here.

Is there anyone who can explain what I was supposed to learn?

I have a feeling that there are so many bugs in this game that I might end up with a corrupted save file where some of the game mission sequencing logic is broken.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (423 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Massive bug made me skip the training on the economy

I haven't got there yet. They did do a patch recently. Did you do that one? It fixed quite a lot of things but I dunno if this was one of them unfortunately.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The only bugs I've come across are in the cut scenes , people talking but their lips don't move and people walking through each other but none of this bothers me as it doesn't  interfer with the game play.Then again I've only played a few missions.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (388 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yes I installed the day one patch that was available the first time I started the game. I haven't seen any other patch yet.

This game is really complicated and bugs make it even worse. These "metagames" of sending assassins and convoys and things happening in the background is really confusing if not explained properly. Honestly if I had not played Revelations I would not understand a thing about sending assassins around.

This new part with recipes, convoys, etc etc is also confusing and not explained at all (perhaps it would have been without the bugs, I don't know).

On a different subject: some of the conditions to get 100% synch on certain missions are really frustrating and what is worse is that you need to get all conditions satisfied in the same try.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I agree with all of these issues!!!!

Im lovin the game, but it is seriously filled with bugs! Been playing tonight and ive had to stop because the bugs were PIS@@ng me off. What I have found so far:

In the Frontier when I finish a mission, Connor is stuck for about 5 seconds then I can move him.

Animals are getting stuck inside rocks and up cliff faces (quite funny) and sometimes Desmond is getting stuck in the 2012 missions.

When I take on a group of soldiers with the drums, Connor keeps running off.

In Boston I tried taking on 20 soldiers at once to see Connors fighting ability... Well he isnt very good at the moment. He keeps running off again and then tonight I had 10 soldiers around me and Connor was trying to run through walls and refusing to fight, buttons dont seem to respond propery and trying to target an enemy from a roof top is proving to be a problem.

Ubisoft have defiinatley rushed this game although they have been making it for 3 years. It needs a serious patch to fix multiple problems and as others have said in this thread, a little more training on how the whole recipes thing works. I bought the game guide and this doesnt help either!!

One other problem I can think of right now is... Was playing a mission that had multiple destinations, I died before I could get to the last one, when I re spawned it appears I had completed the mission and was starting the next???? The objectives are not very clear and the box that flashes up to say what you need to do, doesnt stay for long enough, they always dissapear before I have read them.

I do however love the naval missings, being able to broadside another ship and blow the SH@T out if it is great.

I hope they sort a patch soon.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The game crashed my PS3 twice last night. It is really a bugfest!

I still do not understand the recipe thing and on top of that I have realised I don't know how to recruit new assassins. I have two of them but I can't dispatch them on contracts because they are too weak, so I have to recruit more assassins and I have no *****ing clue how to do it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (325 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Assassin recruits =  Hold L2 ,  Then press Square to access Assassin contracts screen .

Select a region on the Contract map displaying  1 STAR . (Easiest missions)

Assign BOTH your recruits together on that mission - it states the chance of Success they have of completing it . 85% or higher should be fine for success on 1 Star missions.

Keep selecting & sending these two guys together on 1 STAR missions with a good success chance.

They'll soon level up , eventually  1 recruit will be able to 100% missions alone. So send them on separate missions.  then choose 2 star missions / regions - etc.

They become Full Assassins @ Lvl 11 XP (1100pts) .

Eventually - in story mode , you gain 1 new  Assassin recruit for Liberating  each section of Boston -

North, Central & South.

& 1 for each section of New york  (memory 9 onwards)  NY  Eastside , NY Westside & NY North.

Each assassin has at least 1 special ability you can call upon during your story missions OR just basic Assassinate back up by tapping L2  ( this also gains quick easy XP for your recruits )

Hope that explains the recruits for ya.  Now go kill some redcoats. :Ninja:

Montage Mik - PS3-Theme.com
"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (253 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

@micksith,

Do you understand the recepies?? Im a hard core Assassins fan, but this part has lost me!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hey peeps!

If like andyrome64 and I, you missed out on the full crafting explanation or just a little confused by the recipes. I've created a separate thread with a little guide in & a place for us all to dump such help and advice in.

LINK http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Assassin-s-Creed/AC3-Help-Recipes-amp-Locations/td-p/17535034

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I was unaware of any training what-so-ever on ACIII.

Having never played the previous ones I was left to try to figure out how do everything myself. I couldn't even find a diagram showing what buttons on the controller do what. :smileysad:

Luckily I saw 'friends' start playing it aswell so I just asked them what I had to do :smileytongue:

I've almost finished the whole thing but I'm still making it up as I go along. I just found the magic crafting book so i'm going through that making everything at the moment and hoping to get some of the delivery missions out of the way.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Kudos". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Remember to always backup your data.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (195 Views)