10 Jun 2012
By ROLL076
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Never played assassins creed, Where shall I start ?

7 Replies 2,527 Views Created 10-06-2012

I have never played any of the assassins creed games but due to running out of games to play I wanted to purchase one. My question is which one shall I buy ? Do I need to start with the original or can I start with say Assasins creed 2 ?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (2,527 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Never played assassins creed, Where shall I start ?

Sorry people just noticed a similar post, me just being lazy and not reading previous posts.

Can you delete messages ?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (2,517 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Um...it's a difficult one. If you want the whole story and the "history" of the assassins and how it merges with present day I would personally start from AC1. The gameplay from AC2 dramatically changes and AC2 is the start of the trilogy so I guess you can get away with playing it from here!

I would just play the main story if your going with AC1 though. The game is huge and way too much horse riding :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (2,505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

AC1 is massively boring, the assassinations are all similar, the dialogues are cringeworthy and the last fight will damage your right wrist forever. If I were you I would start with AC2.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (2,481 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

andyrome64 wrote:

AC1 is massively boring, the assassinations are all similar, the dialogues are cringeworthy and the last fight will damage your right wrist forever. If I were you I would start with AC2.

Steady on, lets not forget that AC was the first AC game to be released in 2007 and at the time it was a fantastic game when it came out but as you would expect there have been improvements since...

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (2,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

BigMoab wrote:

andyrome64 wrote:

Steady on, lets not forget that AC was the first AC game to be released in 2007 and at the time it was a fantastic game when it came out but as you would expect there have been improvements since...

No.. at the time it was a massive disappointment too... very pretty, and full of potential, but the afore mentioned flaws made it a chore... plus you couldn't even walk 5m through the cities without blending if you didn't want to be discovered and have a massive alert mark on your neck..

I think from memory, it is the only story based game on PS3 I have never finished that I have bought at release.. I've also never finished Silent Hill Homecoming and Tomb Raider Underworld.. but they were budget purchases much later on, and bought on a whim when I already had a full plate of games..

On the original topic... read wiki about AC1, play AC2 and read wiki on Brotherhood and Revelations.. they are only side games, and more about the side missions and Assassins Guild, so the story in them is pretty minimal..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (2,467 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

kiwiatlarge wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

andyrome64 wrote:

No.. at the time it was a massive disappointment too... very pretty, and full of potential, but the afore mentioned flaws made it a chore... plus you couldn't even walk 5m through the cities without blending if you didn't want to be discovered and have a massive alert mark on your neck..

I think from memory, it is the only story based game on PS3 I have never finished that I have bought at release.. I've also never finished Silent Hill Homecoming and Tomb Raider Underworld.. but they were budget purchases much later on, and bought on a whim when I already had a full plate of games..

On the original topic... read wiki about AC1, play AC2 and read wiki on Brotherhood and Revelations.. they are only side games, and more about the side missions and Assassins Guild, so the story in them is pretty minimal..

As I said, it was the first AC game to be released and you would expect it to be not so good compared to the later releases. Like any other game, the first game with have flaws compared to the later releases because they need that first game to improve the second and so on but at the time I never knew there was going to be a second so I played with what I had and loved it, a new fresh game that got me into the Assassins Creed series and never looked back.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (2,461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

BigMoab wrote:

kiwiatlarge wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

andyrome64 wrote:

As I said, it was the first AC game to be released and you would expect it to be not so good compared to the later releases. Like any other game, the first game with have flaws compared to the later releases because they need that first game to improve the second and so on but at the time I never knew there was going to be a second so I played with what I had and loved it, a new fresh game that got me into the Assassins Creed series and never looked back.

I have no problem with it not being as good as the later releases, or being as fully featured... that is standard with any gaming franchise.... Uncharted, Gears of War, God of War... I can even live with it having a few flaws...

But Assassins Creeds flaws were numerous and game breaking, and despite the potential and beauty of the setting, the flaws stopped me playing it..

-Being restricted to 'blending' to avoid detection

-All of the side missions were copy and paste for each set of assassinations, right down to the dialogue... yes, the exact same dialogue each time Altair saves a damsel in distress

-Even though completing side missions gave more information for carrying out an assassination, the actual assassinations typically came down to attack and counter sword fights..

Funny thing is, around the time of Brotherhood I tried to give it another go, to at least finish it... and my launch PS3 YLOD'd... lol...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (2,441 Views)
0 Kudos