07 Dec 2010
By Mollinz
Playstation Staff

Possible Assassin's Creed 3 Settings & Locations

25 Replies 5,150 Views Created 07-12-2010

Warning: (Contains spoilers for those who haven't completed the game.)

Okay, down to business. It came to my attention near the ending of Brotherhood, that a hint was left by possibly the most annoying character ever made. Shaun Hastings.

At the moment before Desmond's hand touches the Apple and everything freezes, Shaun is in the middle of saying something pretty interesting. To quote "I know that symbol. That's a Phrygian Cap. It stands for freedom...and that, that's a Masonic Eye. Now those two come together in only one place--"

Now, with thanks to the internet, this would be Assassin has done a check up on the Phrygian Cap & The Masonic Eye. And to conclude, both were widely associated in America during the early 17th & late 18th century as a sign of freedom & liberty, that just so happens to be around the same time of the American Revolution. Could that be the next setting? Freemasons playing a big role? People as such as Ben Franklin would take Da Vinci's role for new inventions for the player.

The other possible hint from what Shaun left us could very well be the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, a declaration which was used during the French Revolution that also has the Phrygian Cap & Masonic Eye embedded on it. At the top in the middle, is the Masonic Eye with the Phrygian Cap sitting atop of the spear.

Image of the Declaration Here

Which brings me to the end of this conclusion. That Assassin's Creed 3's setting is going to be either set during the French or American Revolutions.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (5,150 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Possible Assassin's Creed 3 Settings & Locations

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26 (5,108 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Freemasons the 18th Century Templars?

Thats an interesting idea :smileyvery-happy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26 (5,105 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Isn't there a twitch in the explanation? It's really good and convincing but you're saying that Ben Franklin (who was a Freemason) is going to be Da Vinci replacement. But if Freemasons are the 18th century templars isn't Ben Franklin going to be an enemy of the Assassin's then?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26 (4,817 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Maximus26061989 wrote:

Isn't there a twitch in the explanation? It's really good and convincing but you're saying that Ben Franklin (who was a Freemason) is going to be Da Vinci replacement. But if Freemasons are the 18th century templars isn't Ben Franklin going to be an enemy of the Assassin's then?

He didn't say that, he got the information from the link I posted above.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26 (4,784 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere the developers didn't want to use the founding fathers  route - so i don't  think  the 'ANCESTOR' part of  AC 3 will be in America (modern day elements perhaps).

I actually think the clues to where next  AC games will take place have been given to us in  AC 1,  AC 2 & Brotherhood.

In AC 1 subject 16 left loads of Japanese glyphs & writings  & the Templars in the past were French.

In AC 2 we saw flashbacks of Altair  & his lover (forgot her name)  She was a Templar  (French).

In AC Brotherhood   we get the connection with the pyramid & eye - linked to French declaration.

& we're told to find  the offspring of eve - Another descendant from Altair & his lover perhaps ?

(seeing the pattern yet ?)

So i think the next 'Ancestrol'  outing will be the England & France  during the Revolution,  A time when the commoners overthrew the Nobility (possibly Templars too)

France at that time had everything needed for an AC game , Easily scalable buildings, Secret factions, Huge political changes - War,   Even a slight connection to many of Davinci's works.

Although just guesswork on my part  it's not much of a stretch to imagine we might actually play as a Scarlet Pimpernel  type , helping some Nobles escape to England.

London at the time would be equally useable as an Ancestrol playground , Scalable buildings & narrow streets.

And my favourite idea Isaac Newton could be our advisor like Davinci.(not sure about these dates)

Newton was an inventor, Astronomer, Scientist -  And made a remarkable understanding of Gravity thanks to an Apple. (how can they not use him ?)

That's where i think the next AC game will be based.

However, i said Next AC game 2011,  As i actually think the conclusion in final part of the story AC 3   will in some way see us in Japan in either past or present day - unpopular idea to many but .....  

1. Japanese glyphs were in abundance in AC 1 & 2,  

2. Adam & Eve in AC 2 Truth video looked oriental to me with possibly Mt Fuji in the background.

3. It's known as Land of the rising sun  , Sun is even on national flag (the impending prophecy looming).

4. Japan is well known throughout history for it's Assassin's & mastery of killing techniques.

5. Just about every modern day combat system involves Martial arts of some kind, but we've not as yet seen an ancestor learn or master any of these.

The westernisation of Japan could be the perfect timeframe for an Ancestrol outing in Japan,  with the Templars - rather than infiltrating with a secret cult - choosing to instead introduce western weapons & trade changing the political infrastructure,  Just as modern day  Abstergo industries do.

:Samurai:Samurai were warriors of nobility  , :Ninja: Ninja were common Assassins.

I don't wanna be a full Ninja , but at least an Ancestor could visit another guild to learn a few lethal Martial arts techniques, grappling ropes & a Katana (best swordmakers in the world).

All attributes Desmond may need in the modern day Assassin's  war with Abstergo.

Japan isn't everyones choice but it could easily fit with the Game story & tie in with historical events.

That's all my theories & ideas for the next  Assassin's Creed outings 2011   & 2012. (:smileysurprised:)

Montage Mik - PS3-Theme.com
"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (4,749 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Nice theories.

I wonder though, with the next game only a year away will they have time to make a new setting or will they be using a lot of the existing locations and art work?

It needs a new setting now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26 (4,709 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Japan has connections to Europe in history...

The Portuguese first make contact with Japan in 1542 (before the country closed its borders)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26 (4,184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'm seeing nice theories here, but I want to put one of mine in too.

We've seen Apple(s) and The Papal Staff so far. There are other pieces of eden mentioned all over the Assassin's Creed Story. The Sword was mentioned in AC2 showing a picture of Jeanne D'Arc/ Joan of Arc. Who was french I think.

Also the shroud of Turin is a P.O.E. according to Project legacy. It's purpose is unknown, assumed to be a healer of some kind because it was said to restore life to Jesus of Nazareth (Happy Easter) but it is stored in a box that tempts people to open it (pandora's box?) and it seems to alter one persons DNA so badly it kills him and leaves him disfigured.

My theory is that Desmond,or who ever we play as later are going to have to round all these artifacts up... then hide in the temples Minerva told them about. Once everyone outside the temples dies from whatever catastrophe awaits, they start the human race again, leaving all the POEs hidden.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (4,010 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

This is one awesome story
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26 (3,910 Views)
0 Kudos