03 Jan 2011
Playstation Staff

Can you bring out a 3D patch please?

7 Replies 1,588 Views Created 03-01-2011

Graphics are so good, it'd look awesome on a 3D tv. Can't be that hard, just follow the guidelines for the rendering. Pre-rendered sequences can be re-done using the same process if you still have the files, otherwise just left as they are.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (1,588 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Can you bring out a 3D patch please?

It would look great, but I don't think there would be much to showcase the 3D. I'd rather QD spend their time making more DLC episodes.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (1,571 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Seems you don't have a 3D TV. Otherwise you, like me, would pay money for the upgrade. And they can easily do both (more episodes + 3D). And the new episodes would be 3D (including future games) without any extra work since they'd have already set it up.

Doing 3D doesn't take much time, they just need to follow the guidelines. And it's an investment for the future for QC!

Every single part of the entire game would look amazing in 3D. A massive showcase indeed for such a small amount of work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (1,563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
The reason there wouldn't be much to showcase is the fact that the game wasn't created with 3D in mind. Games like Killzone 3 have been, and so they'll look awesome in 3D. Heavy Rain's 3D would probably just be subtle in the background.
I don't own a 3D TV, no, I'm just waiting for the glasses free TVs before I buy in to 3D, plus theres the price to consider.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (1,533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

There are deep scenes (near and far objects) so yes, it would showcase 3D immensely well. It wouldn't be subtle whatsoever, for this reason.

Glasses-free is a long way off. I find the glasses perfectly comfortable even for long periods.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (1,505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

They're not a long way off at all. Infact, Toshiba just showcased their 59 inch TV that will be out at the end of the year. Also, Sony have just announced their glasses free TVs. http://n4g.com/news/674788/ces-2011-sony-launches-bravia-hd-3d-tv-without-glasses-dedicated
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (1,500 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Here's another vote for a 3D patch! It would be simply amazing!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (1,104 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I would love heavy rain in 3D, i consider Heavy Rain a piece of Art and one of my favorite game. i will pay up

to 20 bucks for a 3d patch only to support quanticdream for future game. I dont know the name of heavy rain genre but i love this genre (Moviegame or interactive movie). Do it Quanticdream and you have my money :Wink:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (780 Views)
0 Kudos