13 Oct 2012

Playstation Staff

Heavy Rain -Director's Cut- Twins Chapter missing prompt /progression break.

5 Replies 1,412 Views Created 13-10-2012

Hey all!

I was wondering if i was the only one with that issue. I started a new game with a friend to show him Heavy Rain. We got to the Twins chapter and for me it's a dead end. Really i know a prompt should appear for me to be able to climb and then pick and help my brother. However it's just not happening at all! It's just not appearing.

Those are me repro steps:

1- Start a new game in with the easy difficulty
2- Play until you reach the Twin Chapter
3- Follow the character's brother until he wants to help you climb the small pile of stones/bricks.

4- Notice that no prompts appear to climb causin a progression break.

I tried to reach him in different angle and distances, i changed the difficulty setting, the language of the game. I restarted the game and the console an nothing changes. 

Any idea? :smileyfrustrated: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Heavy Rain -Director's Cut- Twins Chapter missing prompt /progression break.

Hmmm... might be an idea to delete the game data (not save date) and then re-install. Failing that I've often found that a simple trick is using a different PS3  just to get past the spot where things go wrong - had to do this to get my Plat on Lego Harry Potter, just meant copying save data back and forth, spending 10 minutes replaying a level and then going back to my own PlayStation 3.

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (1,383 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Heavy Rain -Director's Cut- Twins Chapter missing prompt /progression break.

i think hr savegame was copy protected...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (1,376 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i tried deleting the game file it didn't helped at all. :smileysad:
Also i can't tranfer my "save file" unless i pay for the the plsystation plus thingy right? lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (804 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Could it be that the first time i rented the game ( it was the normal version of the time) then decided to buy it but i got the Director's cut one?

But it doesn't explain that i can play the game until that specific point.....
It also did occur at an other spot from my first complete game file when i just tried to show a chapter to a friend. It was when the journalist wants to get into the detective's appartement.... no prompts appear to open the door.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (801 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hmmm.. yes that is an odd one, I've no idea now :smileysad: Did you post about this in the tech help section as well btw?

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (787 Views)
0 Kudos