27 Aug 2011
Playstation Staff

Heavy Rain - I've Been Ripped off

51 Replies 3,792 Views Created 27-08-2011

I just found that my copy of Heavy Rain Move Edition (Platinum) does not have the Free Bonus Features as advertised - DLC, Soundtrack and XMB Dynamic Menu Themes.

On searching on this I came across:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Heavy-Rain/missing-bonus-content-on-move-platinume-edition/td...

Does anyone know if Sony have done anything about this or have I just been shafted by buying the platinum version. I can't return it now as I've had it too long. Not happy :smileysad:

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s, 3 PSPs and a Vita all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 52 (3,792 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Heavy Rain - I've Been Ripped off

You should have check contents when you bought it as it would be the shops reponsiblity to give you the code if it wasn't the box.

I think you will have to take it as a lesson learned.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 52 (3,775 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No, this is not the shops responsibility as I understand it. There should have been a second icon appear on the XMB (as happens in the original Move edition of the disk). This is not something the shop could provide, it's part of the disk. This is not available on the Platinum edition but these bonus features were  clearly listed on the back of the case which is false advertising.

I had a choice of buying the platinum or the original version and went for the platinum as there was supposed to be no difference in content. This is clearly wrong and has affected everyone who has bought the platinum version.

So I won't be chalking this up as a lessons learned and want to know why Sony has not resolved this.

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s, 3 PSPs and a Vita all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 52 (3,762 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i bought the origianl heavy rain and after i got the platin um trophy i too realised i was ripped off

honestly how c rap can a game be with so much hype and be so bad?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just seen Mr T getting some petrol. I pity the Fuel.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 52 (3,742 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

This is a very odd case...

It seems that everyone who is buying the Platinum Edition of the game isn't getting the DLC/theme/soundtrack code. I think this is all a major misunderstanding through Sony's fault. The Move Edition (non-platinum version) of the game had these bonuses, but I don't think the platinum edition of the game was ever meant to. Since all of the old versions of Heavy Rain were ditched for for the newer Move Edition, the Platinum couldn't be called 'Heavy Rain Platinum Edition'. It would have also forced all new players of the game to download the 2GB update if the platinum was of the original game, which would be best to avoid.

So, unforutnately, it looks like you're not going to get these bonuses since you bought the platinum edition. :smileysad:

BTW, I bought the Collectors Edition at lauch and all of the bonuses came on a PSN voucher. I really doubt they'd put the bonuses on disc as I'm not sure installing a theme from a disc would work through the XMB...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 52 (3,674 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Any advice on where to take this first? Would trading standards be interested as it's clearly been falsely sold with these bonuses not available and there was no apparent response from Sony in the other thead.

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 52 (3,633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

It sounds like there really should have been a voucher code in there, the bonuses are not on the disc i don't think. Did you purchase the game pre-owned?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 52 (3,625 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No, brand new and the Non Platinum Move version did not have a voucher code - it was all on the disk under an extras icon apparently (like on LBP2). I assume this should have been the same, but it's not there. Either that or it has been incorrectly marked on the packaging that these items were included, but they weren't meant to be.

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 52 (3,575 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

BrigadierA wrote:

No, this is not the shops responsibility as I understand it. 

When you buy something you do so from a retailer. Any problems you encounter are their responsibility as they are the ones who entered into the contract with you. 

You can ask the maker to resolve the issue, but legally, any issues with missing items or advertising are down to the retailer, and the retailer alone.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 52 (3,497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ChambyR33 wrote:
i bought the origianl heavy rain and after i got the platin um trophy i too realised i was ripped off

honestly how c rap can a game be with so much hype and be so bad?

The game was so crap and bad.. yet you played it (a lot) to get the platinum trophy?? :smileyindifferent:

I thought it was an awesome game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 52 (3,449 Views)
0 Kudos