94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Heavy Rain - I've Been Ripped off

51 Replies 4,156 Views Created 27-08-2011

I just found that my copy of Heavy Rain Move Edition (Platinum) does not have the Free Bonus Features as advertised - DLC, Soundtrack and XMB Dynamic Menu Themes.

On searching on this I came across:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Heavy-Rain/missing-bonus-content-on-move-platinume-edition/td...

Does anyone know if Sony have done anything about this or have I just been shafted by buying the platinum version. I can't return it now as I've had it too long. Not happy :(

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s, 3 PSPs and a Vita all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

You should have check contents when you bought it as it would be the shops reponsiblity to give you the code if it wasn't the box.

I think you will have to take it as a lesson learned.

0 Kudos

Re: Heavy Rain - I've Been Ripped off

/16

BrigadierA

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BrigadierA
Accepted Solution

No, this is not the shops responsibility as I understand it. There should have been a second icon appear on the XMB (as happens in the original Move edition of the disk). This is not something the shop could provide, it's part of the disk. This is not available on the Platinum edition but these bonus features were  clearly listed on the back of the case which is false advertising.

I had a choice of buying the platinum or the original version and went for the platinum as there was supposed to be no difference in content. This is clearly wrong and has affected everyone who has bought the platinum version.

So I won't be chalking this up as a lessons learned and want to know why Sony has not resolved this.

0 Kudos

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s, 3 PSPs and a Vita all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
/16

ChambyR33

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ChambyR33
Accepted Solution
i bought the origianl heavy rain and after i got the platin um trophy i too realised i was ripped off

honestly how c rap can a game be with so much hype and be so bad?
0 Kudos

/16

curtis_mufc

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
curtis_mufc
Accepted Solution

ChambyR33 wrote:
i bought the origianl heavy rain and after i got the platin um trophy i too realised i was ripped off

The game was so crap and bad.. yet you played it (a lot) to get the platinum trophy?? :smileyindifferent:

I thought it was an awesome game.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

nx13

99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nx13
Accepted Solution
I bought my platinum move edition pre-owned and thought I was missing the vouchers, obviously not! And another thing is that I thought the buying of the move edition would mean I wouldn't need to DL the patch, ( as my internet is utter ***** ) but you do.. another fail on the half of Heavy Rain!
0 Kudos

/16

curtis_mufc

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
curtis_mufc
Accepted Solution

nx13 wrote:
I bought my platinum move edition pre-owned and thought I was missing the vouchers, obviously not! And another thing is that I thought the buying of the move edition would mean I wouldn't need to DL the patch, ( as my internet is utter ***** ) but you do.. another fail on the half of Heavy Rain!

Really?? That, makes, no, sense.. Why would it be the move edition if it's.. not? :smileyindifferent:

As you bought it pre-owned, did you get the platinum move edition disc, and not a normal Heavy Rain one? Might sound stupid, but it can happen.

0 Kudos

/16

Dunny

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dunny
Accepted Solution

I fully expected this thread to be about the games ending, ha

0 Kudos

/16

ProjectVRD

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

curtis_mufc wrote:

ChambyR33 wrote:

The game was so crap and bad.. yet you played it (a lot) to get the platinum trophy?? :smileyindifferent:

The idiot never played the game because he would have play several times for the different endings, and a game cannot be crap if you go and play it multiple times. He is just a troll and fails badly at trolling.

0 Kudos

I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 

@TweetScientific

If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice

But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,

Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!

Beta Tester
/16

lfcrule1972

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lfcrule1972
Accepted Solution
I had to complete the game a lot of times to get the Plat Trophy (maybe 7 or more...)
0 Kudos

/16

Occident

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Occident
Accepted Solution

ProjectVRD wrote:

curtis_mufc wrote:

ChambyR33 wrote:

The idiot never played the game because he would have play several times for the different endings, and a game cannot be crap if you go and play it multiple times. He is just a troll and fails badly at trolling.

I've got the platinum and I only played it once and just replayed a couple of chapters, the game doesn't diverge enough to need to play it loads of times so maybe he just thinks the game is bad, which it is in alot of ways but anyway on topic.

I've had a problem like this with Dragon Age's Ultimate Edition - One of the DLCs included was not on the disc and I had to go to the Bioware site to find out it was a manufacturin problem with european versions of the disc. Thankfully they just gave you a code to get it free off the store. I'd contact Sony, sounds like its something similar.

0 Kudos

/16

jfontyman

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jfontyman
Accepted Solution

Occident wrote:

ProjectVRD wrote:

curtis_mufc wrote:

ChambyR33 wrote:

I've got the platinum and I only played it once and just replayed a couple of chapters, the game doesn't diverge enough to need to play it loads of times so maybe he just thinks the game is bad, which it is in alot of ways but anyway on topic.

I've had a problem like this with Dragon Age's Ultimate Edition - One of the DLCs included was not on the disc and I had to go to the Bioware site to find out it was a manufacturin problem with european versions of the disc. Thankfully they just gave you a code to get it free off the store. I'd contact Sony, sounds like its something similar.

If you have already played it once then go back to replay some chapters you are playing it more than once.  Playing once is a single playthrough, not going back redoing chapters, so you can call 1+ playthough, I am being particular, don't take offence.

0 Kudos

/16

XP_Version1

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XP_Version1
Accepted Solution

...why would you complain after eating a whole box of chocolates? That's awesome.

0 Kudos

/16

BrigadierA

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BrigadierA
Accepted Solution

I've had a "they're looking into it and will get back to me" message.

Here's a quick scan:

heavyrain.jpg

0 Kudos

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
/16

VonBurk

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
VonBurk
Accepted Solution
Hi BrigadierA, I just bought the platinum move edition and have the same issue of not having the bonus content... can you tell me who you contacted as I wish to do the same. Thank you very much

Hi everyone, I can see from this thread and several others that many people are having this issue and arguing about whether Sony or the retailers are to blame, but I want to contact Sony. The retailers aren't responsible for the content or the availability of DLC (incidently I noticed the themes aren't available on the store yet I can STILL redownload the "ARI MARS theme" I bought a year or so ago from my download list).

I want to inform Sony that the solution is to release a patch that forces the content to install from the disc (if present) or provide me with a promo code to download the content I'm entitled to.

In the past Platinum versions of the games were cheaper to produce (i.e. The discs were silver with black text rather than full colour images, the manuals were black and white rather than colour additional material (posters, art cards, etc) were usually excluded). With the "Heavy Rain Move Edition Platinum Version" it seems they've just burned off the ORIGINAL GAME which proceeds to download the 2.0 patch (Move edition). They've clearly done this en mass as everyone seems to have the same issue.

I'm surprised that the issue has not been addressed already. Anyway folks, that's why I'm wanting to contact Sony myself.
0 Kudos

/16

BrigadierA

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BrigadierA
Accepted Solution

Hi Vonburk,

I just used the 'help@uk.playstation.com' email address.

0 Kudos

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
/16

BrigadierA

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BrigadierA
Accepted Solution

Got a response from customer services:

I can advise that there should be extra content with Heavy Rain. It is included on the disc and appears under an "extras" icon under the game disc icon on the XMB.

If you cannot see this, then please reply to this email with a contact number and a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible.

I trust that this information is useful, however, should you have any further queries, please contact PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595 quoting reference 2645883, where a member of our team will be happy to assist you.

I don't have an Extras icon and have responded to that effect. This could take a while! :(

0 Kudos

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
/16

XP_Version1

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XP_Version1
Accepted Solution

So basically I got the same response as above, clarified that the content wasn't on the disk and then actually got a callback from their support team. 

Apparently I need to check the disk in the case is actually a platinum version (because obviously I haven't already done that and I'm pretty sure the content was on the normal move version disk too) and if it was correct then to send it into them for inspection.

Hopefully getting somewhere.

0 Kudos

/16

BrigadierA

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BrigadierA
Accepted Solution

They tried to call me Thursday, but I was in meetings and missed them. They haven't tried again since, but I refuse to pay for a telephone call for something that isn't my fault. Is it a freepost address to send to? This is a lot of messing around for their screw up, so it had better be! I've scanned my disk and it's clearly a Platinum Move Edition.

heavy rain disc.jpg

0 Kudos

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
/16

BrigadierA

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BrigadierA
Accepted Solution

Not happy. I've also been asked to send in my disk. It's not freepost and it's up to me to package it, If it gets lost in the post then it's also my fault. They won't refund the cost of packaging and posting but may replace my disk if they find that it doesn't contain the content it is supposed to! :smileymad:

0 Kudos

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
/16

BrigadierA

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BrigadierA
Accepted Solution

For those that are following this, I have finally found the time to send my Heavy Rain to Sony Customer Services to see how they are going to resolve this.

0 Kudos

www.HorrorDVD.co.uk
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel