Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: So who's HAPPY with Heavy Rain then?

I have enjoyed playing the game & found the story, graphics & feel of it hugely impressive. But the fact of the matter is I cannot play it anymore. It has crashed my PS3 over 50 times in total. Each time it crashes or freezes it is at a different point. I cannot help but feel there is a huge problem with it.I appreciate those who haven't had a problem not relating to those who have. But if you had to get up & manually reset your PS3 every 5 minutes after just turning it on, I think you would be a bit miffed. As for the comment about people moaning, demanding their money back & not being mature enough that's a load of bull. I've been playing video games since 1983, my old Atari didn't crash as much as this game. I think that's why people are so upset(myself included) When it works, it's brilliant, at times jaw dropping. But that's the problem, it seldom does work for many PS3 owners. People say it's because you have an old PS3, yet you hear they are having difficulty solving the problem, as it doesn't seem to be specific to one model. This game at the moment is like an Alfa Romeo. Stunning to look at & play with, but it breaks down a mile up the road.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 57 (493 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Why is everyone saying this game(which its not) is amazing(which its not), Lets point out a few things, the characters walk like retards, you don't really get to make choices you just get to say when the enevitable happens, its full of bugs, infact the only good thing about this £40 6 hour QTE is the lighing and shadows. In my opinion David Cage couldn't make it in the film industry so instead he comes to the games market and proves he can't make games either. Before you start having a go, consider this would you pay £40 for a dvd, well you just have.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 57 (481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Well, I'm not happy!

How dare they release a game that good!

3 months ago I was ecstatic playing Afrika, thinking it was brilliant.

and now they have released something slightly better.

They've raised the bar now for me, and I want more.

About 20 years ago my addiction with (point and click) adventures started.

Kings Quest, Monkey Island, Leisure Suite Larry, Indiana Jones and Grim Fandango to name but a few.

But the dealer died and supplies dried up.

A new age dawned and FPS games were the next big thing.

Whilst enjoying myself somewhat with Doom and Duke Nukem I quickly lost interest in FPS games whilst the market became over flooded with them.

Slowly my adventure games memories faded and I enjoyed a whole lot of other games, yet never ever truly experiencing that feeling I had playing them old adventure classics.

And now we have Heavy Rain...

The feeling is back and I'm hooked.

I love it and I want more.

I hope the game sells well and it will re-launch a new era!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 57 (476 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Gniuz wrote:
Why is everyone saying this game(which its not) is amazing(which its not), Lets point out a few things, the characters walk like retards, you don't really get to make choices you just get to say when the enevitable happens, its full of bugs, infact the only good thing about this £40 6 hour QTE is the lighing and shadows. In my opinion David Cage couldn't make it in the film industry so instead he comes to the games market and proves he can't make games either. Before you start having a go, consider this would you pay £40 for a dvd, well you just have.

If you only got 6 hours out of it you definitely haven't played it right! We've had ten times that amount of play out of it....You do really get to make choices (though after only 6 hours of playing, you don't seem to have explored these choices at all). As to your comments about David Cage, the film industries loss is the gaming industries boon, IMO. You paid £40 for 6 hours, you robbed yourself, I paid £40 for 60 of the best gaming hours I've ever spent...with very few bugs at all.

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 57 (455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

steven_dutch wrote:

And now we have Heavy Rain...

The feeling is back and I'm hooked.

I love it and I want more.

I hope the game sells well and it will re-launch a new era!

Hear! Hear!:smileyhappy: I'm also a lover of the games you mentioned - we must have good taste, eh? lol

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 57 (457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Gniuz wrote:

We get it, you don't like it. Doesn't mean you have to come in this thread and ruin it.

Go back to playing shooters or something like that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 57 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I love this game. Best game ever in my opinion.

Just finished first playthrough last night, and started it again straight away. Can't remember ever having a game that I was already looking forward to playing again, before I had even completed it.

Forum account only! PSN ID = BazTardo-UK
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 57 (447 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I think its the best game of the year, But it is obviously broken and I cant recommend it as some people have dire experiences with it.

I cant remember the last time i felt emotional attachment to characters, and a sense of panic as things were happening. I think the controls were great, sometimes awkward but only when they were doing awkward stuff on screen. (thats a good thing)

I thought the story was a bit predictable, the graphics were lovely, the realism a delight, controls brilliant, and i can see a future with this engine/game stye..

Overall i loved that it played with my emotions.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 57 (439 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I loved it, Every minute of it and it's one of the best ganes I've ever played. So original.. It did freeze on me on the.. ending fight lol.. so I haven't finished it and it has kinda tainted it abit.

But when resolved i'll enjoy a few complete of it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 57 (425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Gniuz wrote:
Why is everyone saying this game(which its not)

Clearly you need to read the post below yours, and research games like King's Quest, Monkey Island and Leisure Suit Larry.... all of which by your definition aren't games.. :smileywink:

I still remember writing on the Alan Wake forums (a game I'm really looking forward to I might add) and someone took a cheap shot at Heavy Rain not being a game (in an inevitable HR vs AW thread).... when I pointed out that 25 years ago we used to play games that consisted entirely of reading text on screen and then typing text commands, some of the younger gamers thought I was either joking or lying...

:Lol:

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 57 (411 Views)
0 Kudos