Problem Solved

View Original Post
24 Feb 2010
By StetsonKennedy

StetsonKennedy

55%
02 Rank
Progress

To those with technical issues, post here and let's try to get it fixed.

[ Edited ]
661 Replies 11,657 Views edited 24-02-2010
24 Feb 2010
By StetsonKennedy

I have seen several forum topics about people that are having freezing and other technical issues.  I am unfortunately one of those people.  Let's all post our problems here with our system specs and what point in the game our problems occurred so that the developers might be able to get a handle on this issue and resolve it.  I'll go first.

Old style fat PS3 with 40 GB Hard Drive

I did install the update when the game started.

I played for approximately 8 hours with sound skipping issues throughout however my game did not freeze until very late in the game.  (SPOILERS AHEAD)  My game froze right after I pulled Shaun out of the storm drain.  Now my save file appears to be corrupted and won't load.  I get the image of Shaun's face on the loading screen and then the screen just goes blank and nothing happens.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

playbanos

23%
02 Rank
Progress
playbanos
Accepted Solution

I had played the Heavy Rain earlier, than I gave it back to my friend. Now I bought the Move Edition, and I can't load my earlier save games...Any idea, fellas?

0 Kudos

Re: To those with technical issues, post here and let's try to get it fixed.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

subyrex88

25%
02 Rank
Progress
subyrex88
Accepted Solution

So I popped in heavy rain last night and I can't even install it. I tried with and without the patch and it freezes during the install. Anyone know what could be causing it?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cowbanana

81%
02 Rank
Progress
cowbanana
Accepted Solution

I picked up Heavy Rain (Move Edition) the other day and after doing a few tasks in the beginning of the game, getting dressed and going downstairs, the audio vanished completely and a few seconds later the game froze and locked up my PS3 - A one year old PS3 Slim 250GB unit. I was playing with the regular Dualshock 3 controller. I use optical audio out and HDMI for video only.

I played the demo back before the game was released and it also had audio and system lock-up issues.

It's quite appaling to see that these issues persist after all this time. I thought that this re-release disc would work.

Please fix this issue! Many people are plagued by audio/freezing issues, even if some people don't have the issues at all. How hard can it be to track this crippling bug on a fixed hardware platform? This is unacceptable.

I have not experienced any issues with any other game on this PS3 system.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
66%
02 Rank
Progress
HugoStiglitz_420
Accepted Solution

Having the same problem. I just bought the game, it won't even download the 2.00 update manually, only PS Plus auto update can get it. And whether I have the update installed or not, the game gets stuck on the loading screen with the origami symbol in the bottom corner everytime.

The weird thing is the first time I tried to manually download the update, it started but I cancelled it because I didn't want to wait an hour. since then it will not even download manually, and the game will not load the mandatory install screen or anything else.

The weird thing is everytime I try to load this game up, it installs a 1926kb file into my game data utility folder. It doesn't say what this file is.

Also, I have tried nearly everything, starting the game without the update and internet disabled (so it won't even ask to download the update), I've restored my file system using the recovery menu on PS3, I've also rebuilt the database using the PS3s recovery menu. Nothing will work. My HDD is fine too, all other games work. 

And obviously my disk isn't scratched either.

What I'm afraid of is that first time I tried to download the update manually, cancelling it screwed something up on the hard drive. And even though restoring the file system is supposed to fix any corrupted files and what not, it's still not working and the only way it will work is if I wipe my hard drive, which I will not do until I replace the HDD entirely, which is also something I don't want to do. I'd like to try another copy of the game before I do that, or maybe I'll just not play this game ever. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Why don't you just delete the game data? Not the saved data. If you have not started the game yet it will not make a difference. 

You will need to start over (install, updates etc) and I would advise to do all the patches in the future as one is a huge patch to enable MOVE and the rest are probs important bug fixes. Depending on what disc you have. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

d1982ikko

21%
02 Rank
Progress
d1982ikko
Accepted Solution
i cancelled my download on my PC which i bought on media go, please how do i get it back?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mcarthey

24%
02 Rank
Progress
mcarthey
Accepted Solution
Early Ps3 80GB (the compatible with PS2 games model).
I downloaded the 1GB+ update (v2.00 I believe) and was able to play fine up to chapter 3. I closed the game for the night and the next day was unable to load chapter 3, section 2. I tried to back up a few sections and was able to finally load but the game froze eventually and now I can't seem to load anything successfully. I deleted the game data and am in the process of downloading and installing again. I walked away for a while and game back to a black screen so I'm not sure what happened but the unit was frozen again. Am I just out of luck? Totally ridiculous. Ay ideas?
Thanks
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxEPIC_MURKZ_xX

22%
02 Rank
Progress
XxEPIC_MURKZ_xX
Accepted Solution

so i forgot to turn my system off properly then the next day it said curropt data restore system so i clicked x then it said it would restart after it took about 5 mins to restore it restarted but the controls were unresponsive i couldent turn it off and there was a black screen please can someone help me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rachael4345

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Rachael4345
Accepted Solution
Slim ps3 250 gbs (I think)
I can't install update 2.0
When I try to start the game, I get a black screen for 2 mins and 45 secs before I'm asked if I would like to install the update. When I say yes, it says please wait and then restarts my ps3. Any hints?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HNO_Tails

25%
02 Rank
Progress
HNO_Tails
Accepted Solution

Alright so I bought the Heavy Rain: Directors Cut the other day cause a friend of mine said it was a really good game to play. I originally wanted the original version but they were out of it so I had to get the Directors cut. I went to play the game the same night and my system wouldnt read it. I would make this very faint clicking sound and change speeds like 50 times then it will eject the ***** but the disk stayed in the system.

So I tried getting another disc to see if it was that and I tried the new one and it does the same thing.

I have the 250GB slim PS3 and have had no problems with it since Ive had it. I tried to restore my system and that didnt work either.

If you have any suggestions then please tell me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
66%
02 Rank
Progress
HugoStiglitz_420
Accepted Solution

Heavy Rain won't start up. First, last night it wouldn't download the update manually. Luckily while I was asleep, PS Plus autoupdate was able to download the update 2.00 itself. 

Now everytime I try to start up the game, the origami symbol just keeps flashing in the bottom corner. How can a game be so broken that it won't even start? I've never seen anything like this. I've never got a game that is this badly broken, and I own over 50 games for PS3, and more for PC. This sucks

Oh and if it matters, I have a 120gb PS3 Slim, but I know that doesn't matter. It's the game that's the problem. I restored the file system and rebuilt the PS3 database to try and fix this issue, didn't work.

Also, everytime I try to load the game, it creates a 1926kb file in my game data folder. I've tried deleting it before loading, I've tried loading the game while offline with no update, I've tried pretty much everything. What in the hell is wrong with this game.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel