Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Welcome to our Heavy Rain Forum!

[ Edited ]
94 Replies 17,651 Views edited 14-09-2012

2717-GameTop_HeavyRain.jpg

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to our Heavy Rain boards. Here, you can chat about your progress through the game as you unveil the mystery of The Origami Killer!

Just be careful not to spoil anything for our other community members. If you're about to make a post which reveals any part of the plot line - make sure you clearly mark it as a spoiler! Or, even better, conceal it completely from view by using the following HTML code:

<font color="#EEEEEE">INSERT SPOILER HERE</font>

No one likes a tell-all!

Whatever you chat about here, make sure you read our House Rules before posting, lest we come after you waving the edge of an A4 sheet of paper menacingly!

And don't forget whilst we don't currently have an Heavy Rain event running we do have other events and are always adding more! Check out our Community Events Section for more info :)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

j3ffzilla84

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
j3ffzilla84
Accepted Solution

Yesterday i bought Heavy Rain, and i must say

the game have very nice graphics and the gameplay is also very good.

Sometimes it takes a long time until there comes

real action into the game.

But thumbs up...very good game, i love it!! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to our Heavy Rain forum!

Just call me j3ffzilla84 and press start.
/16

jamshlfc

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jamshlfc
Accepted Solution
This game looks awesome, definetly going to be pre-ordering.

Deserves it's own board, and new forumers will expand the awesome community!
0 Kudos

- [TNW] jamshlfc :)                                    Follow jamshlfc on Twitter www.EverythingPlayStation.com

/16

CAM11

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CAM11
Accepted Solution

WOW, just a few weeks ago this forum only had five threads now its growing and growing :P

SUPER HYPED! 

0 Kudos

pablologo
/16

MrPR3ZID3NT77

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrPR3ZID3NT77
Accepted Solution

I agree to what mattkan said about this game. It is very well!! And I do mean VERY WELL!!!! Crafted, no other story telling game/ movie! Is as engrossing as this one. Way to make a game, I cant wait to see what's next for this come for Quantic Dreams and it's staff. I only hope they have more stories and sequels in store.

0 Kudos

/16

MrPR3ZID3NT77

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrPR3ZID3NT77
Accepted Solution

Thanks for having me.

0 Kudos

/16

smastation

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
smastation
Accepted Solution

hi what about Heavy Rain cg movie at cenima

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ijeffers

• Beta Tester
77%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ijeffers
Accepted Solution
oooh, you snuck this in when no one was looking. :p

Looking forward to Heavy Rain, should be great (even more so after reading the preview in OPM, can't wait for the review next month!)
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

I wondered where the hell this place came from now, i found out :P

Good to see this place may be busy and hope it keeps people here

Btw why are the US guys coming here ? :) if you don't mind me asking

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

outwar6010

• Beta Tester
56%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
outwar6010
Accepted Solution

fahrenheit was amazing so i KNOW this will be. Im going to purchase the uber special edition version. The guys at quantum have done a fantastic job at elevating video games to break down the notion that video games are just for kids.

0 Kudos

/16

RaymondK8

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution

There's some nude scenes in the game with Madison..

Anyone have any idea if nudity could be censored?

It sounds pathetic; I don't want my mum walking into my room seeing me conntrolling a near-human-like naked woman :|

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

RaymondK8 wrote:

There's some nude scenes in the game with Madison..

Anyone have any idea if nudity could be censored?

It sounds pathetic; I don't want my mum walking into my room seeing me conntrolling a near-human-like naked woman :|

Well, if you are young enough that this will be a problem, she probably won't like the language in the game either nor the story (not that parents pay attention to 'video game stories') ;)

I don't know how it works in EU countries, but in NZ it will get an R18 rating, so legally no-one should be playing the game under 18 anyway... that's all in theory though.. I've queued up at midnight to buy GTA games, and stood next to mothers paying for the game for their 12 and 13 year olds.

In terms of artful appropiateness for the context of the game, I'd say any nudity will be more appropiate for this game than it will in say Dante's Inferno, so hopefully this will be taken into account when the game is revued for classification in each country.. Hopefully nothing is cut from the game... this is a game with adult themes, which I think we adult gamers deserve to be able to play in the same way that we would watch Se7en, or Silence of the Lambs, without being treated like kids playing Sonic..

Australia will have a problem though I'm sure... they've only just had a ban of Aliens vs Predator overturned... and get a lot of games edited, such as GTAIV and even Silent Hill Homecoming.... all because they have no R18 rating, so if a game doesn't fit the criteria for M15+ it doesn't get in...

0 Kudos

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

RaymondK8

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution
I do believe that it's only illegal to purchase the gmae if you are underaged.
It's perfectly legal to play a game if the age limit is older than the gamer himself. IMO, the age ratings are just to tell parents how suitable it is for their children.

Well, obviously I'd say that because I'm standing up for myself and others, but I've played Saints Row 2 and MW2 etc and they haven't affected my life in any way.
I'd understand if you still have a different opinion but yeah.

So d'you think that there will be a censorship option? :D
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Hey... you aren't my child... I don't even know how underage you are, so it doesn't matter to me... :P FWIW, my 17 year old stepson has been exposed to 'violent' games and movies for years... ;) , so don't think I'm having a go at you or anything :)

But yeah, in this country it certainly isn't legal to supply to someone underage... I believe (though don't quote me on it) that purchasing for someone underage is also a prosecutable offense... but, good luck prosecuting someone on it... Everyone is so caught up on that 'only kids play games', that most parents don't know it, only some retailers seem to know it, and I'm sure it is pretty low priority for the legal profession.. anything with a red ratings sticker certainly isn't a 'recommended guideline', it is restricted by law... anything with a yellow ratings sticker such as M(15) or PG(13) is just a recommendation however.... in NZ of course... what happens in Britain could be completely different

As for censorship... it is possible it will be... Australia gets censored games all the time... again, because they have no R18 rating for games..

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

RaymondK8

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution
I see...
Good to know :)
Hopefully Quantic Dreams realises that lots of gamers nowadays are under the age of 18 :)
0 Kudos

/16

glassfish

64%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
glassfish
Accepted Solution
if the writer has put things of an adult theme into a game, and you feel that you should'nt be seeing or hearing. Then dont play the game.
if you are under the recomended age, or are offended by such things, then you should stick to other titles that you feel more comfortable with.
I'm in my 30s and i'm looking forward to a game that is geard towards an older audience.
0 Kudos

/16

RaymondK8

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution
Yes, but I do want to play the game, simply because it's fun.

It's completely unfair if developers decide to make a game and not allow most gamers to enjoy.
Heavy Rain is something different to FPS and let's be honest, there's hardly any good games out there and Heavy Rain catches my eye.

I'll be buying this game even if there are no censoring options but obviously I'd prefer a censoring option.
It's pretty much penalizing me because I'm not at the age of 18 yet.

I'd completely understand if you still think underaged gamers shouldn't buy an 18 game but what the hell, I'm doing it because this game looks far too good.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Well, I go back to that I find it kinda amusing that one topless scene in the game can cause such a lot of fuss.. (I'm not singling you out... the single biggest topic on the interwebs besides the paying for the DLC issue is 'Madison's striptease').. yet the game will feature themes of murder and other sinister issues, like drug use, an abundance of the f-bomb, and probably lots of other controversial words like the 'n' word... It's kinda like the Mass Effect 'love scene' controversy really..

I'm not sure how you feel penalised because the game features one scene of some boobs at gunpoint... when it is a game clearly marketed at adults.  I'd have thought that 15 seconds of boobs were the least of your worries...

0 Kudos

/16

RaymondK8

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution
Yes, they are marketing the game for adults, which makes me feel like that I've been banned to play this game which looks unbelievable just because I'm not at the age of 18.

Maybe you've forgotten how it is to feel young. Just put yourself in my shoes.

Just say you really like a game, but hey, it's an 18 and you're underaged. Would YOU not buy it anyway? I sure would.
And I'm sure that Quantic Dream realises that lots of underaged gamers will be purchasing this (MW2 is a huge example.)

Again, I'd totally understand if you still disagree with me.

Also, with the drugs and violence - TBH, I'm a responsible person. I've played Saints Row 2, that doesn't make me interested in drugs and violence. I don't do drive-by shootings because I've played the game.
This game won't affect my life. I just wish to play a game and I'd prefer a censoring option. That's all.
I've played games which have more violence than Heavy Rain I believe. Just nothing with nudity in it. I just don't want my parents walking into my room seeing that on my TV.

Sounds rather pathetic but yeah.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

RaymondK8 wrote:
Yes, they are marketing the game for adults, which makes me feel like that I've been banned to play this game which looks unbelievable just because I'm not at the age of 18.

Maybe you've forgotten how it is to feel young. Just put yourself in my shoes.

Umm, yeah... in 1985 or 86 my family hired the movie '48 hours' on VHS, and my mother kicked me out of the living room 15 minutes into the movie because of all the f-bombs and n-bombs... I could list many other movies I was excluded from watching because I wasn't 16 or 18 at the time..

You feel you've been banned from playing a game because you aren't 18?.... that is the point of age restriction!.... this isn't a new thing, it's just the media that has changed... when VHS came out, it was video (and then later DVD of course)... the media has now moved to gaming...

I don't see this being any different than if it was a movie on DVD that was for adults. Would you feel excluded from being able to watch the movie 'Hostel' because there are a couple of nude sex scenes, despite the fact that the movie is about capturing tourists and selling them off as some sort of live animal hunt for torture?

Beta Tester
/16

Skykid360

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Skykid360
Accepted Solution
Hi,

Does anyone know of any retailers that are taking Pre-Orders for the Collectors Edition recently announced?
0 Kudos

/16

RaymondK8

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution
Alright, I see that you're not looking at it from my point of view.

Very well. I'm just going to end this now.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel