Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

AirConquest server

37 Replies 647 Views Created 07-04-2012

AirConquest.jpg

Hi, guys.  As I mentioned briefly in another thread the AirConquest server is up and running.  It features large conquest maps with an emphasis on air vehicles.  Flying is optional though - all players are welcome.  The idea behind the server was for random players to earn air XP or allow dedicated practice on jets and choppers for new players.  Especially aircraft such as the F35 which has just been modified in the recent patch.

The server is hosted in Europe and has a 3 month lease.  You can find it  by searching "AirConquest" in your server browser within the game.  If you need BF3 flight practice its a great place to start. 

The conquest maps currently featured are:

Gulf of Oman

Wake Island (5FLAG)

Kharg Island

Caspian Border

Operation Firestorm

Noshahr Canals

At the moment tickets are set at 200% because previous games were over in about ten to fifteen minutes,  so hopefully the double tickets will allow approx 30 min games.  If the server is empty it only requires 2 players to start it up so its a great place to meet a friend for a fun game.  The server is ranked and will count towards your stats and career progression.

My personal motivation for the server is the 13 remaining hours in helicopters I need for the service medal,  so i'll be in and out of the server from time to time.  The games have been popular so far but the server has suffered from a spawn camping problem. 

I've learned that an EA directive Here: https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct gives express permission for rented server admins to ban players for repeated instances of spawn camping,  I will enforce it if It continues.  All I ask is that players keep away from enemy home bases,  thats the only server rule.

Happy flying :smileyhappy:

LABELS:
BF3 Stats
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions
/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution
Yer don't blame you for taking it down, the BF community is amongst the worst of any game give them an inch and they will take several miles and the sugar out of your tea.

View solution in original post

Re: AirConquest server

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.

All Replies
/16

pb0yd1

91%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pb0yd1
Accepted Solution

hey u tryed ,so thanks anyway .As 4 d***heads sending PMs tell them u will reply later as your indulging there mother and BAN the rest ,or they can go stat pad on metro .

As for being a god ,it seems u cared enough for the game & community toospend ur own money .

U have my vote now am going be a selfish ***** & fly a heli all day. [yeh u got it]

pb0yd1
/16

Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Killzone_Kid
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:
Thanks Reaps, I still have the server until July so i've time to decide what to do with it. It will probably go back up with a new name and no rules whatsoever, because once you have rules you must enforce them, and I hated that part. I honestly thought if you wrote it on the loading screen and asked nicely - they'd do it. They don't.
I'm sorry but you cannot start a server with no rules...because I've already done this and it is trademarked :) However you are free to do it after this Friday as my server expires.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

MadchesterManc

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MadchesterManc
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:
Thanks Reaps, I still have the server until July so i've time to decide what to do with it. It will probably go back up with a new name and no rules whatsoever, because once you have rules you must enforce them, and I hated that part. I honestly thought if you wrote it on the loading screen and asked nicely - they'd do it. They don't.

Online communitys aint what they used to be unfortunately. Ive been gameing online since Counterstrike was a lowly Half Life mod (pre steam) I blame M$ as well as COD. Had a 360 for bout 5 years and it was never as good community wise as the Ps2 (another SOCOM lover here :P) Putting a mic in every 360 box was a joke. Being screamed at on Halo3 by 12yo's cuz you'd dominated a game left me thinking *****! THe party chat also killed online communitys. How can a community develop when 70% of the players are in private chat talking to friends who aren't even on the same game? It beggers belief people are demanding the same feature on Ps3, thankfully wont be happening lol COD made things worse. Its so accessible that inbetweeners (people who had a console but tended to only play sports n racing games a bit) now play FPS's and consider themselves gods gift with the constant mic spam. The attitude they have of winning no matter what kills communitys. Unfortunatly with MW3 not being too good they've started to branch out. Luckily I still play MAG a lot. Its so left-field of COD n anything similar the COD Cowboys haven't bothered with it much. MAG is also good for it shows that a core community can still develop on games on Ps3. Hopefully Dust 514 will be the same.

Bit of an essay but as an online old-timer I find most gamers these days a nuisance lol They wouldn't know how to contribute to an online community if it bit em on the ass

Hey LSD-39 is your server on some downtime? Tried searching for it earlier but found zip. If so, let us know when you have it back up :)

/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LSD-39
Accepted Solution
It's completely dead and won't return. It was a failed project, I've got nothing else to add that I haven't already said. Thanks to everyone for their help & advice. Obviously the server still exists but i'm not promoting it. I'll leave the community gaming to the OPC guys who have a positive influence on the game and I'd recommend anyone to try fski's games which are great fun, the UK / Italy game was great, even though it was like putting Dads Army up against trained Italian Marine Commandos. :)
0 Kudos

BF3 Stats
/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LSD-39
Accepted Solution
Yeah guys, I had good intentions but it didn't work. I wanted to create fair games but its impossible, as soon as you ask people not to do something they do it even more. I've had lots of abusive psn messages and threats to report me to EA.
I've not actually enjoyed a single game on my own server, I didn't buy the game to be a moderator I just want to play it. I'm sticking to playing official servers myself at the moment , and getting back to just playing my favourite game.
To stop people breaking the server rule would require a team of mods online around the clock. I hope someone else can make it work for them but I couldn't. I've learnt a lesson, I hold my hands up in defeat.
0 Kudos

BF3 Stats
/16

Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Killzone_Kid
Accepted Solution
There is absolutely nothing wrong with unmoderated console gameplay. Glad you failed at trying to be god.
0 Kudos

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

Killzone_Kid wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with unmoderated console gameplay. Glad you failed at trying to be god.

Awww one server where you couldn't base rape in your jumped up Huey :(

[ Edited ]
/16

Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Killzone_Kid
Accepted Solution

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Killzone_Kid wrote:

Sorry took me awhile to figure out you were referring to me personally and the Viper in my signature LOL.
0 Kudos

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

Killzone_Kid wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Killzone_Kid wrote:

Sorry took me awhile to figure out you were referring to me personally and the Viper in my signature LOL.

Too subtle? :(

Personally I though it was a subtle being hit by a sledge hammer.

/16

Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Killzone_Kid
Accepted Solution

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Killzone_Kid wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Killzone_Kid wrote:

Too subtle? :(

Personally I though it was a subtle being hit by a sledge hammer.

Subtle? No. Misleading? Yes. Oh and sorry I hurt your feelings.
0 Kudos

/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

Killzone_Kid wrote:

Never tried to be god, just create a fair game for everyone. Your theory falls flat on its face because if that was my intention - I'd still be doing it.

BF3 Stats
Beta Tester
/16

randygoodlove

• Beta Tester
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:

Killzone_Kid wrote:

Never tried to be god, just create a fair game for everyone. Your theory falls flat on its face because if that was my intention - I'd still be doing it.
We all know KK's views on balanced, enjoyable gaming

/16

Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Killzone_Kid
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:

Killzone_Kid wrote:

That is what usually happens when you try to fix something that isn't broken.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

Killzone_Kid wrote:

LSD-39 wrote:

Killzone_Kid wrote:

That is what usually happens when you try to fix something that isn't broken.

Ahh

the wall street investment banker defence of 2008.

/16

Noxage

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Noxage
Accepted Solution

People actualy get base camped by heli's after the last patch? do they know what an engineer is! dayummmmmmm

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

Noxage wrote:

People actualy get base camped by heli's after the last patch? do they know what an engineer is! dayummmmmmm

It is rare, but on Canals especially it can happen. One thing to consider is the below radar aspect. A chopper can maintain loiter capability at a low level and be completely invisible to guided weapons. In a jet, you have to contend with lamposts and the like, but in a chopper its relatively easy to remain unlockable.   In other areas, like Kharg, the AA guns being moved back to he aircraft spawn has helped a lot (and the fact you can spawn in there.

I do like the tanks being one hit kill on choppers. They never seem to expect it.

Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

LSD-39 wrote:
Yeah guys, I had good intentions but it didn't work. I wanted to create fair games but its impossible, as soon as you ask people not to do something they do it even more. I've had lots of abusive psn messages and threats to report me to EA.
I've not actually enjoyed a single game on my own server, I didn't buy the game to be a moderator I just want to play it. I'm sticking to playing official servers myself at the moment , and getting back to just playing my favourite game.
To stop people breaking the server rule would require a team of mods online around the clock. I hope someone else can make it work for them but I couldn't. I've learnt a lesson, I hold my hands up in defeat.

I dont think there was defeat, I think the problem was that the server was being used by randoms.

For what seems to be the millionth time, Im going to reminisce to the good old days of Playstation 2 SOCOM (and confrontation, to an extent).  On SOCOM, often what would happen is enough friends would be playing in a random room that someone would throw open the idea of opening their own game (for free, EA), and they would. All the friends would leave the game and join the new room, with bespoke map rotations and certain restrictions on guns and often their would be an informal verbally communicated "dont do that" list, Like dont use the M14 ect, dont sit in the spawn ect

The people playing in the room would abide by the consensus, and these were some of the best days of online gaming community on the Playstation. If people decided they wanted you out, it would be up to the majority.

Now, since CoD burst its nuts onto the market, we have become a nomadic people, abused by quickmatch Gods and tortured by non functional party systems. Oh how we have suffered.

The rules were changed, and allowing people to rent servers is a method for tipping the balance back. I will agree with some people that charging to open your own server is a little unethical considering that the server would have to exist anyway to support the community that would otherwise be playing in other matches, but this is how it is. 

I think what needs to happen in order for this to work for people who want to enjoy servers without the hassle of constant moderating, is for groups to open servers when its for a group of players who play together a large amount. For them its great. Not only that, but if your server stands on merit as being a well moderated server with friendly and fun play, people will remember it, they will seek it out when they log in. The server would begin as a method for friends to play together, but would actually create a larger group of like minded players as time progresses. The group would get bigger, you would notice the same people playing in it day after day. Friend lists would become connected.

Its to early for that to happen, its a new feature. Everyone and their grandmother is throwing a server up.

Paradoxically, It may be to late aswel. Times have changed, people seem to be content just quickmatching it up.

Oh how I miss SOCOM. RaT servers in the mornings (funny dutch guys), [-_-] in the evenings. Good times.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel