95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Anyone else think..

17 Replies 380 Views Created 27-09-2011

...That the ways to enter the metro on BF3 is just dumb and completely against everything that BF stands for?The entire team bottlenecked into a corridor to get mowed down by a single man with an LMG standing in the right place, or a small squad just camping the entrance on the other? 

It's more like MOH than Battlefield, on that section of the map anyway. Also no idea why there's zero vehicles, makes it seem even more like MOH and could put a few off

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Mystic_teacup
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

I wouldn't judge it off 1 map. Anyways its open space for the first and last MCOMS. 

Re: Anyone else think..

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

The map available is a little crappy.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Jacko_the_lad

• Beta Tester
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution
Rush just involves dying constantly anyway. Might as well make it easier.

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
just like that vietnam map where you really struggle to get out of the spawn theirs quite a few comparing it to moh they should of got rid of that map designer then, infact after moh but i guess he or she must be related to the boss lol, i would really like to try one of our original bfbc2 maps on bf3 before i part with my cash as metro map is very poor, im not that impressed so far, only batman next to hopefully impress
0 Kudos

/16

seany_boy2k8

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
seany_boy2k8
Accepted Solution

i havnt played it yet but even if i dont like it on thursday when i do get to im not gonna shun it cause its one map one game mode and its in beta

0 Kudos

PSN: seany_boy2k8
Xbox tag: Seany_Blitz
/16

Seven-sins-150

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seven-sins-150
Accepted Solution
Yeah, I agree with you Seany_boy2k8.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is a proper phrase to use here! :D
0 Kudos

Seven-sins-150

/16

desijut

74%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
desijut
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

-desijut add me if you want

/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MalevolentEntity
Accepted Solution

ah but this map is to lure all the COD players over to the battlefield side, i think.  ease them gently into the style, of battlefield, then when they get the full game will be in awe of the lack of camping area's, hiding behind a wall is not really an option, and the fact that they can be flanked easily.

0 Kudos

/16

SteveyC1986

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SteveyC1986
Accepted Solution

MalevolentEntity wrote:

ah but this map is to lure all the COD players over to the battlefield side, i think.  ease them gently into the style, of battlefield, then when they get the full game will be in awe of the lack of camping area's, hiding behind a wall is not really an option, and the fact that they can be flanked easily.

Their not really going to lure anyone to this game in its current state.Be it Beta or Demo whatever you like to call it,there's only  4 weeks before its release not long enough to fix all the bugs it has.Dice have hyped this game up to the max even took a couple of cheap shots at MW3 and this is what they release to the public so close to release?

I've still got it pre-booked hopefully there'll be some patching and news about what build this actually is over the next few weeks.

0 Kudos

Accessible, the word that's been ripping the soul out of every game you used to love.
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

SteveyC1986 wrote:

MalevolentEntity wrote:

Their not really going to lure anyone to this game in its current state.Be it Beta or Demo whatever you like to call it,there's only  4 weeks before its release not long enough to fix all the bugs it has.Dice have hyped this game up to the max even took a couple of cheap shots at MW3 and this is what they release to the public so close to release?

I've still got it pre-booked hopefully there'll be some patching and news about what build this actually is over the next few weeks.

I can tell you now, with 100% confirmation that the BETA is an old build. How old, I'm not sure, but the current game is already different to this beta..it's not to lure anyone in to buy this game. It's to test servers & find futher bugs.

If this was a multiplayer demo, people's complaints would be more valid. But the fact is, this is an old build, maybe 2-3 months. Various post on Battlelog & on twitter have already confirmed fixes to the issues. Most of the problems in the BETA, probably don't even exist in the current build of the game.

0 Kudos

/16

Seven-sins-150

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seven-sins-150
Accepted Solution
They already confirmed it's an OLD BUILD people! Check at Battlelog.! :D
0 Kudos

Seven-sins-150

/16

En-Crypted

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
En-Crypted
Accepted Solution

can't wait for the release of this game, this wide open maps and vehicles will make it all better

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

I agree that the map and gameplay go against the general theme of a BF game, But looking at it as it is, its still ok. It has an open ground battle that resembles attackers pushing defenders back, followed by a funneled gunfight  followed by an open ground battle that resembles an ambush.

It plays amazingly considering. This map on CoD would play badly, But BF kinda pulls it off.

0 Kudos

/16

Nikidan

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nikidan
Accepted Solution

i never thought of that but its indeed true.

but you know battlefield:

no matter how bad they camp at a choke-point, a champ-squad will always be able to get rid of them.

a bunch of rabbits running around, dont knowing whats going and not even communicating will in fact get raped!

0 Kudos

/16
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MalevolentEntity
Accepted Solution

Nikidan wrote:

i never thought of that but its indeed true.

but you know battlefield:

no matter how bad they camp at a choke-point, a champ-squad will always be able to get rid of them.

a bunch of rabbits running around, dont knowing whats going and not even communicating will in fact get raped!

And not in a good way either!

to the OP, this beta, is to test sever load, and how well they could handle the amount of players, so i wouldnt worry to much, about the actual retail game.

and by the time the beta ends, most people will be sick of this map, so it prob wont be played as much!

0 Kudos

/16

Seven-sins-150

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Seven-sins-150
Accepted Solution
Lets sum this up and agree that BATTLEFIELD OWNS. :) *Mortal Kombat theme plays* OhhhGyeahhh
0 Kudos

Seven-sins-150

/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

MalevolentEntity wrote:

They shouldn't be eased gently. They should be beaten, blown up, shot, kicked and stabbed multiple times before being on the receiving end of a tank barrel, that is the battlefield way.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel