23 Oct 2012
Playstation Staff

BF4

10 Replies 1,351 Views Created 23-10-2012

What would u like 2 see in BF4?, for me anything 2142 would do fine ,titan matches were great fun! , walkers,hovertanks. It  would be awesome to see some sort of dlc add on even .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (1,351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: BF4

Its called Battlefield 4 though, a numbered sequel to BF3 so I doubt it will be a futuristic spin off else they'd call it 2143 or something like.

I'm still playing and enjoying BF3, and will be into next year so its waaay too early to even think about the next game. As long as it evolves enough, and doesn't feel like I'm playing BF3, then that's all that matters. A strong engine with immense destruction is a must. Also dynamic changing levels would be nice to see from Frostbite 3 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (1,332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ytevo79 wrote:
Its called Battlefield 4 though, a numbered sequel to BF3 so I doubt it will be a futuristic spin off else they'd call it 2143 or something like.

I'm still playing and enjoying BF3, and will be into next year so its waaay too early to even think about the next game. As long as it evolves enough, and doesn't feel like I'm playing BF3, then that's all that matters. A strong engine with immense destruction is a must. Also dynamic changing levels would be nice to see from Frostbite 3 :smileyhappy:

I was hoping for BF4 to be held back for next gen. Consoles can't even handle Frostbite 2 as it is, we've no chance if they develop Frostbite 3.

It would be a good time to develop another ''add on'' pack in the sense of 2143, or 1943. Keep BC3 & BF4 for next gen, I want to enjoy the Frostbite engine as much as PC players enjoy it now.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (1,298 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Its not the engine itself, it worked OK in NFS Hot Pursuit and The Run. It's just a bit of bad programing here and there, and the size of some levels that could do with a trim.

And BF4 will no doubt be on next gen. What made you think it won't? Its only around the corner and will be on the shelves for Christmas 2013. Most games will be being built around next gen now, then just scaled down for this gen as we'll see a lot of games for both generations for a while.

But we're second rate console gamers, we'll always get second rate games :smileywink: You want to experience Frostbite in all its glory? Get your wallet out :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (1,288 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

1) no surpression - unless its only on LMG/HMG/Tanks etc. after having not played bf3 for almost a month ive come back and found that 1 simple bullet sailing past me is enough to surpress me. its rubbish

2) make gunplay a bit easier. it shouldnt be like Medal of Honor but it shouldnt be as hard as it is now

3) bring back ghillie suits - why? i love wookie hunting.....

4) less customisation of the guns. BFBC2 got on fine with just the option to add a gun scope, a soldier perk and a vehicle perk, thats enough.

5) make it fun!
Oldies can still be goldies
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (1,276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Only thinking it won't be next gen as the Beta ad is attached to MOH. But I suppose it could be maybe even most likely be next gen.

I'm just hoping that next gen is the equivalent of what PC's were when BF3 first launched haha.

TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (1,249 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I really hope SONY give some serious thought into the next gen consoles, and they have absolutely NO excuse if they don't.

The RAM prices are silly now compared to what they used to be, and so are the CPU prices, throw in the keen and competitive pricing around the HDDs now and you are set, all they have to do then is fit an outstanding Graphics Card and your done.

With the prices of things now, there is no excuse why the next console can be that far behind the PC's of now.

A lot of folks are now using high speed broadband, or even lesser than light speed is better than say a couple of years ago, so this could be made to handle the data flow better too, and I also think SONY need to look at their own servers too regarding the data transfer etc.

The developers themselves also need to take all of this into the mix for the next consoles, and maybe get the sloppy programmers to get their act together.

I want to have Fun, Screw anything related to Gaming Stats, or what anyone else thinks they should be for that matter.
 photo 140182777129261427468-mini_zpse129d2a9.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (1,241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

YorkshirePud82 wrote:
1) no surpression - unless its only on LMG/HMG/Tanks etc. after having not played bf3 for almost a month ive come back and found that 1 simple bullet sailing past me is enough to surpress me. its rubbish

2) make gunplay a bit easier. it shouldnt be like Medal of Honor but it shouldnt be as hard as it is now

3) bring back ghillie suits - why? i love wookie hunting.....

4) less customisation of the guns. BFBC2 got on fine with just the option to add a gun scope, a soldier perk and a vehicle perk, thats enough.

5) make it fun!

1. If you had ever had a bullet fly past less than 2 feet away from you then appreciate the suppression effect more. Its not the blurry effect BF3 has on you but more a sense of **** that was close and you duck out of the way therefore reducing your ability to fire accurately. I've been on ranges with bullets going right over my head and even though I know I am safe the ballistic crack is still intimidating.

2. Gun play is easy enough and is far easier than if they were chasing realism.

3. Depends on the environment, Gillie suits in an urban evironment, reallly

goner ignore 4

5. BF3 (ino) was fun

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (1,204 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

"3. Depends on the environment, Gillie suits in an urban evironment, reallly"

Isn't that why we can use the "Appearance" aspect in the game, that way we can make ourselves look different for each map as well as alter our appearance for each individual class.

Gillie suits in an urban environment would look no more silly than a jungle uniform in the Snow map?

The bull***** gun cammos are Silly, and pretty much pointless, if you are that close to someone then the colour of the blinking gun would be mute. However, give me a Snow Gillie suit for the Recon class again so we can have a little more fun again in BF3.

I want to have Fun, Screw anything related to Gaming Stats, or what anyone else thinks they should be for that matter.
 photo 140182777129261427468-mini_zpse129d2a9.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (1,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Seen on Twitter the Beta for BF4 will be released in Fall 2013.

TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (1,145 Views)
0 Kudos