02 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Banned from servers

73 Replies 846 Views Created 02-05-2012

I keep getting banned from servers :/ even though i play the objective etc. is there any like rules etc that can stop me getting band from servers for going like 7-0 in the first 2 mins of the game?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 74 (846 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Banned from servers

MajorSpaceMonkey wrote:

I keep getting banned from servers :/ even though i play the objective etc. is there any like rules etc that can stop me getting band from servers for going like 7-0 in the first 2 mins of the game?

Just play official servers is your best bet. That's all I do, I think i've only ever been on one or twi private servers and even then for only a few minutes.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 74 (846 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yeah thats what i mostly play on now but when i squad up my mate just joins private ones :/

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 74 (830 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Must be difficult being so 1337 :smileysad:

I feel for you :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 74 (814 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

1337 from an early age my friend, 1337 from an early age

|¬_¬|™
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 74 (810 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

randygoodlove wrote:
Must be difficult being so 1337 :smileysad:

I feel for you :smileysad:

I've felt for a lot of people, usually get a slap

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 74 (806 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

:smileytongue:  

There's some good games to be had on private servers though.  If you like a quiet game for a change try looking at the bottom of the list,  I had a game on Kharg once and just went around capping flags and hardly saw anyone the whole game,  ended up scoring about 9000 just from flags.  

In the server browser filter for Conquest / Europe,  then page down right to the bottom,  look at the games with only a few players in,  often its someone waiting to get enough players in to get the server going,  but like I said,  if you've been playing hard and want to slow the pace down a bit you can find some decent games if you scrape the bottom of the private server barrel.  

They're less likely to kick you out if the player numbers are low because it could tip below the server threshold and end the game for everyone.  If you get bored easy though just driving around it ain't for you lol.  I love a busy Metro game myself but with quieter games in between sometimes. 

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 74 (775 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Remember to check the description on the loading screen and then the welcome message, often certain weapons are banned.

That said, I've found even abiding by the little rules you'll be banned from a fair few private servers, presumably because you killed its owner or he wants to free up space.

Mentioned this on Twitter, but it would be nice if there were an obligatory "reason" field when banning someone from a private server - that way, if they put a stupid reason you could assume they're just sore :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 74 (754 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Tbh servers should not have a kick/ban button unless your ping goes super high 

Only time should be allowed to kick/ban is on unranked servers

Servers should also be forced to a set standard can't change it that much.

I have found that if you keep getting kicked leave the server and never join it again. Owner should get bored when nobody plays on the server.

I don't understand why people kick for stupid rules only time you should kick is when people park a jeep on the runway.  

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 74 (731 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

If you can't set basic rules and kick people out I don't think anyone would rent a server and the whole scheme would fail,  as opposed to how it is now where DICE/EA are making tons of cash,  probably much more than they do on DLC.  Can't see them changing it mate,  they'll think if you don't like it use the official servers. 

The funding raised might help pay for future DLC development so its helping the game,  kind of.  Not being able to set rules is like renting a venue for a real party,  except anyone can come and you aren't even allowed to kick people out of your own party.  Nobody would rent then,  its more like sponsoring a server tbh.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 74 (721 Views)