By MajorSpaceMonkey
68%
02 Rank
Progress

Banned from servers

73 Replies 1,307 Views Created 02-05-2012
02 May 2012
By MajorSpaceMonkey

I keep getting banned from servers :/ even though i play the objective etc. is there any like rules etc that can stop me getting band from servers for going like 7-0 in the first 2 mins of the game?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

I fired this game up this afternoon for a laugh. Went into a 1000 ticket CQ game and spent 20 minutes trying to find somebody to shoot! Boring as hell.

Gave up after that and went onto MW3. That game may have it's own set of problems but at the moment it's a lot better than BF3.

Just found this on Youtube Nooby Admin

One reason why Dice and idiotic children will kill this game.

0 Kudos

Re: Banned from servers

[ Edited ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tricky201

88%
05 Rank
Progress
tricky201
Accepted Solution

First one was fair enough imo.

Second was lol

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

I've been got kicked/banned 4 times today. On 2 of the 4 occasions I have been kicked/banned is when I killed two Admins in a tank that were destroying us, then they kicked me and the other time is when I was in an air battle with another helicopter, both damaged, both landed, I saw him repair so I killed him, next thing I know I have been kicked by him and he was the server owner. It's really annoying that people like this can buy a server and play BF3.

0 Kudos

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

I think the 24 hour server rental is at fault and needs to go.  People can rent a server for one day from a second PSN account then name their main PSN as Admin.  They'll play all day on it kicking and banning anyone they like with no fear of losing the server - there simply isn't enough time for EA to respond to abuse claims.  

You're safer on a 3 month server like the OPC Server,  doubt you'll get kicked from it by the admins and certainly not by me,  if its revoked I lose 50 quid lol so I wouldn't risk it.  

The rent a servers should show the renewal date for all to see,  I guarantee the long term servers will be better run,  its a heavy investment to make and nobody wants to throw money away by abusing their visitors.

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

I got banned from a server after just 3 minutes for killing an admin twice.

Shall we see who can get banned the quickest? :smileytongue:

A mended<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

I don't seem to lose anything if I get kicked,  either by an Admin or the 5 minute time out for inactivity.  

I played a long game recently and scored over 10,000 and during that time I levelled up one rank.  Later I was kicked out for no apparent reason.  However,  I didn't lose the 10,000 or the rank when I checked my stats.

If you don't lose anything,  then being kicked isn't that bad at all.  It just means go find another game. 

0 Kudos

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
fski
Accepted Solution

I haven't kicked or banned anyone from OPC server and wouldn't unless they were being incredibly abusive over the comms.

I haven't been kicked from a sinlge server yet either, perhaps my absolute mediocrity keeps me in favour with admins.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

If the server is busy before a scheduled forum event then feel free to clear it out beforehand.  

Its clearly labelled as the OPC server,  and full event details are always posted,  I think its reasonable that the forum and community get priority for weekly events.

0 Kudos

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Yaster
Accepted Solution

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-04-battlefield-3-how-fan-run-servers-are-ruining-dices-gam...

An interesting article on EG about the whole kick/ban culture that seems to have taken over BF3 as of late.

yaster's Streambadge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Animavore

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Animavore
Accepted Solution

I just played a server which said in the rules at the end, 'DO NOT ANNOY ME interupt me C4/knife = kick' [sic]

His use of English wasn't great (don't think he was a foreigner) but I think he meant if you kill him while he's knifing or C4-ing you'll be kicked :D

At least he's honest.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

randygoodlove

• Beta Tester
93%
09 Rank
Progress
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution
We just been kicked, I just kept returning and killing the admin, Stu had a polite word and they swapped us to their side.

It just sad really :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
StuR328
Accepted Solution
I don't think they meant to swap us, they prob got server swapped to our side due to lack of players :D

CQ game after they left, 8 people in total quit game, A TDM b4 opposition team had a total of 38 diff players on it :|

|¬_¬|™

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

I was kicked & banned the other week because I did a jihad jeep on the host/admin. I know it's a cheeky tactic, but I was showing my friend what it was. I haven't done it since in the fear of being banned :(

Because I was playing with eltonkev, we both had had the OPC tag, so he was also kicked & banned for be associated with me haha.

Good times.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

eltonkev

89%
06 Rank
Progress
eltonkev
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

I was kicked & banned the other week because I did a jihad jeep on the host/admin. I know it's a cheeky tactic, but I was showing my friend what it was. I haven't done it since in the fear of being banned :(

Because I was playing with eltonkev, we both had had the OPC tag, so he was also kicked & banned for be associated with me haha.

Good times.

you never told me that was the reason we got banned, and i thought it was because i was being all awesome, thanks for bursting my bubble.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

rancidpunk

• Award Winner
99%
13 Rank
Progress
rancidpunk
Accepted Solution

randygoodlove wrote:
We just been kicked, I just kept returning and killing the admin, Stu had a polite word and they swapped us to their side.

Must have been the same game I was kicked from, probably for the same reason, which seemed to kickstart, for me, a volley of all the reasons player hosted servers are bad, mmmkay

My flickr
Down with nested replies, bring back quoting

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
StuR328
Accepted Solution

rancidpunk wrote:

randygoodlove wrote:

Must have been the same game I was kicked from, probably for the same reason, which seemed to kickstart, for me, a volley of all the reasons player hosted servers are bad, mmmkay

I don't even get why they were doing it, cos they weren't spawn raping and kicking people that escaped, and they weren't after getting epic kdr's or points

The account thats hosting the server is a alt account as well by the looks of it.

Admin kicking is a pointless option, you want a private game with mates, password it.

Someone keeps killing you, get better :D

|¬_¬|™

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

I haven't kicked or banned anyone from OPC server and wouldn't unless they were being incredibly abusive over the comms.

I haven't been kicked from a sinlge server yet either, perhaps my absolute mediocrity keeps me in favour with admins.

yeah me too, the art of not being kicked is to act like a really really bad player. yeah thats it, we're not really bad... we're like the Meryl Streep of cannon fodder.

KZAM!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
Been kicked a couple of times. One time on Metro I knifed a guy took his tags and immediately after that got kicked.

Sent a message to the owner saying he needed to choose better admins

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

randygoodlove

• Beta Tester
93%
09 Rank
Progress
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution
Got kicked from one, then banned from another tonight

The clan ones seem to be he worst, sore losers

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bazzz

92%
05 Rank
Progress
bazzz
Accepted Solution

A couple of times this week my friends & I have been swapped,kicked and banned from various servers.This does seem to be happening alot more lately and most of all when you are doing really well.We play fair and always work for the team,so it becomes a annoying and takes some of the joy from the game.But anyway sore losers will always be there,so we just gotta put up with them for now.

I thought This Video is on topic and should lighten the thread a bit

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Acegadgets

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Acegadgets
Accepted Solution

Our clan server does not kick people in the middle of a game, unless they are being abusive or havent adhered to verbal warnings if they are spawn camping etc. . We hate it happening to us so we dont do it to others. If Clan members  (who have paid for the server) want to enter the game and cant do so as it is full then they wait till the start of a new game. We then ask non clan members if they would mind leaving to make space for the clan members, most of who do so. Seems like the fairest way to operate your server.

We play a large range of maps, and modes, mostly cq but with a few rush and TD rounds thrown into the playlist. We have standard dificulty  not hardcore and the games dont have these huge ticket numbers that last for hours. We generally  dont play close quarters so that most peole can play all night on our server.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel