68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Banned from servers

73 Replies 1,128 Views Created 02-05-2012

I keep getting banned from servers :/ even though i play the objective etc. is there any like rules etc that can stop me getting band from servers for going like 7-0 in the first 2 mins of the game?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

weepieee

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weepieee
Accepted Solution

Got banned about 20 times from differents servers! Just because I killed the adimin or killed one  of his friend 10 or more times. F* hate people the are kicking because I'm better than them

srry for my english

well I need a clan to join.

0 Kudos

Re: Banned from servers

Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

One thing I have started to notice if im flying (or trying to fly) a chopper, is killed by admin. If i get into a chopper in a certain server that I play in I get killed by admin. No matter what. I get there first, nope killed by admin.

Come on, banned I get, kicked I get, but enabling admins to kill just by pressing a button? Really? Thats egregious to a whole new level.

/16

Noxage

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Noxage
Accepted Solution

This happens to me on a daily basis aswell, it's really getting out of hand.

I would suggest just making a topic on the battlelog forums and keeping it bumped, its full of trolls etc but the suggestions DO get noticed.

Alternatively just spam battlelog with threads when your original thread dies, I see quite a few "Admins are a joke" threads, It would probably get much more attention if people stuck to one topic though.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

I'm getting sick of it too, especially given the fact the few DICE servers available are often full.

I'm not even that great at BF3 but today i was on a bit of a roll and got kicked and banned from two servers for doing nothing more than :

A. Playing well(ish)

and 

B. Killing the admins a few times, one  time notably with an AA when THEY were base raping in a chopper.

The second server had about 4 admins, DICE need to limit the amount of admins to two tops.

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

The second server had about 4 admins, DICE need to limit the amount of admins to two tops.

I don't think that would change anything, or solve the problem. 

It only takes one admin to kick you off, for whatever reason. Just a shame that some of them have problems with handling this "power" they bought.

Beta Tester
/16

randygoodlove

• Beta Tester
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
randygoodlove
Accepted Solution
The host of this server http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/56697345/4/186948838/ made sure all the high ranks were on his team. To me its cheating

/16

LSD-39

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LSD-39
Accepted Solution

randygoodlove wrote:
The host of this server http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/56697345/4/186948838/ made sure all the high ranks were on his team. To me its cheating

Its cheating to me too.  Glad to see you gave him a good run for his money despite him stacking the cards to ensure you couldn't win.  We need to remember we're often dealing with very young server admins and that's the main problem I think.  

This is why the win/loss and quit ratio stats are meaningless now since rent a server was released.  I used to have 10% quits but now its about 20% because when I get switched teams to the losing side by cheating admins - I often just quit,  and the leaderboards are full of people who pad their W/LR like you described.  

I still take the risk on private servers though,  because DICE don't run the game I want to play like 750 tickets Ziba Tower,  and sometimes you are allowed to win lol :D

BF3 Stats
/16

killerkipling

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
killerkipling
Accepted Solution

I have had this happen too many times as well.

Power hungry Immature pre-puberty admins. What we need now is a "Feed back" or "Rate" facility. Something has to be done as this is damaging the games rep.

If this happens each time you try a server it is going to put people off. I know others have said "your joining the wrong server" well, how the ***** are we supposed to know that if we have not been on it before? 

And as for searching for DICE servers, well each time you put DICE in you get the same thing because they ALL put DICE in their servers name. 

Perhaps they could even build in a system where when an Admin bans someone, or kicks them, they have to fill in a short "Reason" form or something, some sort of name and shame system maybe. I know it's not going to happen, but it would be the only way of stopping these retarded fluckers in their tracks.

DICE themselves owe us an explanation and possibly even an apology here for letting this get so bad, and showing just how money greedy they are. They are responsible for the servers as they are the owners, you know, kind of like how a land lord is for his property!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I want to have Fun, Screw anything related to Gaming Stats, or what anyone else thinks they should be for that matter.
 photo 140182777129261427468-mini_zpse129d2a9.png
/16

Supernova79

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Supernova79
Accepted Solution

killerkipling wrote:

I have had this happen too many times as well.

Power hungry Immature pre-puberty admins. What we need now is a "Feed back" or "Rate" facility. Something has to be done as this is damaging the games rep.

If this happens each time you try a server it is going to put people off. I know others have said "your joining the wrong server" well, how the ***** are we supposed to know that if we have not been on it before? 

And as for searching for DICE servers, well each time you put DICE in you get the same thing because they ALL put DICE in their servers name. 

Perhaps they could even build in a system where when an Admin bans someone, or kicks them, they have to fill in a short "Reason" form or something, some sort of name and shame system maybe. I know it's not going to happen, but it would be the only way of stopping these retarded fluckers in their tracks.

DICE themselves owe us an explanation and possibly even an apology here for letting this get so bad, and showing just how money greedy they are. They are responsible for the servers as they are the owners, you know, kind of like how a land lord is for his property!

If you search for Dice servers it only lists the official ones now. There's around 90 pages of them. Problem is nobody's using them. Every single one of those 1000 servers are empty.:smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

/16

Causton97

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Causton97
Accepted Solution

I have posted this on Battlelog already. I'll just cut and paste my reply here as I can't be bothered to type it all out again.

This is what I said when asked whether admin kicking is fair:

"It's fair if it's justified. Perhaps a better alternative would be for the admin to force a vote upon everyone to decide whether the person should be kicked. I'm sure if someone was hacking/glitching then people would have the common sense to vote to kick them. Especially those on the other side of the hacking/glitching. If someone is banned from a server for no reason, then they should be able to appeal to be unbanned.

Personally, I think there should be some sort of 'DICE law enforcement' to lay down the law on admins that are abusing their powers. Yes, people have paid to access their servers, but if the power is abused, then that privilege should be revoked.

In MW3, there are community enforcers that have a very good understanding of the T&C's and the rules of the game. Yes, I'm sure there are some that abuse their power as there always will be when you have people in a position of power, but they are able to refer people as a priority to be banned or looked into. They only ever take action when they have solid evidence - (i.e. - video evidence from the theatre mode or gameplay statistics). Perhaps something similar would serve BF3 well."

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Martok-

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Martok-
Accepted Solution

DICE will never set down rules on how admins should run their servers as this would discourage some people from renting them. Don't forget, DICE are in this to make money, not to make things fair.

The best way to deal with unfair admins is to simply avoid their servers. Any with rules I don't like I simply won't go in (I always read the rules before joining a room if I'm not playing on my own server). Then for any good ones you find, add them to your favourites and use those.

0 Kudos

/16

killerkipling

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
killerkipling
Accepted Solution

I'm going to rent a server, and the rule will be quite simple.

This server is ECM only

Needless to say matches will be verry long :Stupid:

0 Kudos

I want to have Fun, Screw anything related to Gaming Stats, or what anyone else thinks they should be for that matter.
 photo 140182777129261427468-mini_zpse129d2a9.png
/16

Animavore

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Animavore
Accepted Solution

I got banned from this server for killing someone.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Battlefield/Boost-XP-server/td-p/16886728

C'mon! How could resist that? :catembarrassed:

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

Martok- wrote:

DICE will never set down rules on how admins should run their servers as this would discourage some people from renting them. Don't forget, DICE are in this to make money, not to make things fair.

They actually have some rules for Server admins/owners. 

https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct

"

Ranked Server Administrators: 
If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.
Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:
  • Running knife / pistol-only servers
  • Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule
Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:
  • Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured. 
  • Limiting the use of mortars to a particular region of the map.
Server Administrators will also violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they (i) use offensive server names, server art or clan tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in game."

Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

• Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured. 

What does that one mean?

Perhaps it's because it's Sunday but it's twisting my melon, man.

Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

What does that one mean?

Perhaps it's because it's Sunday but it's twisting my melon, man.

It means that it's fine to enforce a rule of no Base camping on the enemies deployment. Eg. the Hangar on Noshar Canals. 

Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

I see. Must be because it's sunday then...

Beta Tester
/16

Martok-

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Martok-
Accepted Solution

Cimbrer wrote:

Martok- wrote:

They actually have some rules for Server admins/owners. 

https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct

"

Ranked Server Administrators: 
If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.
Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:
  • Running knife / pistol-only servers
  • Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule
Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:
  • Limiting the use of mortars to a particular region of the map.
Server Administrators will also violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they (i) use offensive server names, server art or clan tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in game."

Good to see they have rules, though I suspect they don't enforce them. Many servers have rules about not using various weapons which would break these t&c's but they are clearly still operating. Is there any way to report servers that break them?

Allowing the rule about no spawn camping is fair enough though and it's the only rule that we have on our server.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

From what I know, you can report them via Battlelog. 

0 Kudos

/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution

Cimbrer wrote:

From what I know, you can report them via Battlelog. 

The server admin though, not the server :P
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

Cimbrer wrote:

Martok- wrote:

• Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) 

SAY WHAT?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel