01 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Battlefield 3 Online Pass?

20 Replies 24,533 Views Created 01-06-2012

I've seen a cheap pre-owned copy of Battlefield 3 in my local store (£15) and was wondering if the game needs an online pass?  If so any ideas how much?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (24,533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Battlefield 3 Online Pass?

it EA so yes it will need one.

Normaly about £8 but have a look on the store as it should tell you their.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (24,531 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Personally i would buy a new copy for around the same price of pre-owned plus pass. 

If you read the post below you'll be able to claim a free download of Battlefield 1943 before the june 10th deadline only with new copies.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (24,506 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I normally disagree with buying second hand games but seeming as its BF3 just go for it! You get the game and the online pass, then they want you to rent servers, and now they're introducing Battlefield Premium! I don't like the whole concept of online passes as it is, but when EA want you to pay for servers after saying the online passes where to fund your spot on the servers :smileyfrustrated: Its messed up man!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (24,453 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the replies guys. So, am I right in thinking you have to pa ty for the pass and then a monthly subscription to use / rent a server to play online?

How do the servers cost to play on? Its not looking such a bargain at £15 now
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (24,450 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Servers don't currently cost any thing to PLAY on. 

Setting up CUSTOM game rooms, Costs money.

This is because each PRIVATE server is an extra server not taking away a Room from Joe public players this time.

If you don't care about custom rules, you don't need to pay for a server.  

Battlefiled 3 premium, info currently leaked is only a pre pay for DLC service unlike the limited edition that gave you extra content early but cost no extra this time you pre pay to get the DLC early. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (24,442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

ReKonvicted wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys. So, am I right in thinking you have to pa ty for the pass and then a monthly subscription to use / rent a server to play online?

How do the servers cost to play on? Its not looking such a bargain at £15 now

BF3 is currently under £24 new at a few online stores so it's not worth paying £15 + £7.99 for the pass. 

http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/compare/battlefield-3-ps3/B005C2Y6HE

As said above only renting custom rules private servers cost money. I am in two minds with BF3 myself because my brother-in-law has returned to Bad Company 2 because he prefer's it.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (24,430 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (19,994 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

• :Peace:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (17,541 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ikr? seriously???? $15 for an Australian Online Pass! ITS 1 YEARS OLD GAME AND THERE'S NO /RARELY ANY DICE/EA SERVERS? JUST RENTED SERVERS WITH CUSTOM RULES.... (sry for caps lol) So yeah...

(o_o) "When will the gaming industry listen to the gaming community?" ~ 2013 HYPERTiZ
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (15,985 Views)
0 Kudos