Level 10

Re: Broken VOIP - PS3-players unite!

DanWalsallFC wrote:

My comms with 2 of my friends works (almost) fine. A few times it was breaking up nothing too extreme, a good 90% of the time it was okay!

Yeah, I have pretty much this too ^

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (340 Views)
Level 3

if there are more than two people in the squad with active comms then I get the chopped up voice. So we have to keep jumping into other squads or two of us play in the private squad then it's fine. We've both got the PS3 in the DMZ so this shouldn't be an issue.

I really agree, this is a severe problem for a team based game and probably should have taken priority over the fixing of the sound when deploying the bipod ... actually forget that. That missing bipod sound made the game unplayable!!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (318 Views)

VOIP works for me only in the lobby, coop or if we're not more than 2 players using the same channel (squad or team) in MP. a full squad = no communication possible
my ps3 is in DMZ and i've got a 100Mbit/s connection.

what ***** me off most is: this problem has been known since the Beta, that makes it 3 months old (!) and EA/DICE are still not talking to us.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

raindoc wrote:
...this problem has been known since the Beta Bad Company 1...

Fixed :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (305 Views)
Level 7

I don't perticularly want to talk to any of you *ahem* people so comms not working doesnt bother me in the slightest.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (300 Views)
Level 7

After a few matches, I can confirm, that nothing has changed. Coms are good with 2 squad members with mics. Through in a 3rd person, & its back to break up city.

I have ports forwarded, & I have it set it DMZ. Is it best just to use DMZ? Will my ports be conflicting with my DMZ stuff?

I'll have to go back to using no mics until this is fixed.  

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Cringles88 wrote:

After a few matches, I can confirm, that nothing has changed. Coms are good with 2 squad members with mics. Through in a 3rd person, & its back to break up city.

I have ports forwarded, & I have it set it DMZ. Is it best just to use DMZ? Will my ports be conflicting with my DMZ stuff?

Sorry about bailing my router dropped and I couldn't be bothered to sign in, squad-up etc all over again.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (272 Views)
Level 9

AstroZombie1 wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

Sorry about bailing my router dropped and I couldn't be bothered to sign in, squad-up etc all over again.

Its ok. We relaced you with Ratchet :Love:

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (260 Views)
Level 10

Cringles88 wrote:

I don't know if it causes conflicts. It probably depends on your router. Some routers have a problem if you enable UPnP with a DMZ.

But there's no need to forward ports (or use UPnP) if you have a DMZ. Probably best not to just in case it does have weird side effects.

I doubt that's what's affecting your comms though. It could be that the people you're trying to talk to have blocked ports...?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (242 Views)
Level 7

I removed the ports & put it in DMZ. I'll let you know how it goes. Someone did comment on the recent blog post about Karkand map stuff that they were aware of the problems, & are looking into it. So fingers crossed for a patch before 2012.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (226 Views)