02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Broken VOIP - PS3-players unite!

32 Replies 629 Views Created 01-12-2011

let's not take this as they want it.

us ps3 players are the screwed again. no working voice chat in an online game is not acceptable.

please support this thread on the official feedback site for bf3: http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/voice_chat_issue (you can log in with your battelog id)

make pressure on battlelog and twitter. there are already lots of us ps3-players, who are frustrated and tired of not being able to speak with friends ingame.

it's also already in the press: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328019/ps3-battlefield-3-voice-chat-not-working-you-may-be-enti...

i just ask you to bump threads and make pressure over battlelog and twitter.

i paid almost 70€ for this product and it's not finished after the beta and 2!!! patches

no the fix ladder sounds or nerf the sigla lol. but no voip for ps3.... of course.

please spread the links and the word.

thank you

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

My comms work :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

Re: Broken VOIP - PS3-players unite!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Mine too, except with people I know I have connection issues with anyway... I'm guessing two DMZ'ed up people can talk no problem. As soon as one is hiding behind a firewall skirt, it seems they have problems.

/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

Mine too, except with people I know I have connection issues with anyway... I'm guessing two DMZ'ed up people can talk no problem. As soon as one is hiding behind a firewall skirt, it seems they have problems.

makes sense, ive had no problems tho :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

I haven't tested it enough since the patch to see if it's any better, for me at least. But it's good that gaming sites are posting articles. I'm sure DICE already know about the problem. They might already be working on it for the next patch, or maybe PS3 players will get a separate patch to fix this.   There is like a 3-4 week window of waiting while SONY test the patch before it's cleared, so I'm not expecting a fix until January at least.

If it turns out to be a cause, of ''sorry, we can't fix this because of the PS3 hardware VoIP'', then that will suck. But people on here don't have problems with voice chat. I think it's down to people's Internet. I have ports forwarded, but what if the rest of my squad don't port forward? Do they hear me fine? Is it only me that's hearing broken up speech? 

It's very annoying. I've hardly used my mic at all with this game.

I normally play with my brother, in a private squad. Both have ports opened. But we can't even talk without it breaking up. Both have great Internet. He only lives literally, 2 minutes away.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

AstroZombie1

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AstroZombie1
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

I haven't tested it enough since the patch to see if it's any better, for me at least. But it's good that gaming sites are posting articles. I'm sure DICE already know about the problem. They might already be working on it for the next patch, or maybe PS3 players will get a separate patch to fix this.   There is like a 3-4 week window of waiting while SONY test the patch before it's cleared, so I'm not expecting a fix until January at least.

If it turns out to be a cause, of ''sorry, we can't fix this because of the PS3 hardware VoIP'', then that will suck. But people on here don't have problems with voice chat. I think it's down to people's Internet. I have ports forwarded, but what if the rest of my squad don't port forward? Do they hear me fine? Is it only me that's hearing broken up speech? 

It's very annoying. I've hardly used my mic at all with this game.

I normally play with my brother, in a private squad. Both have ports opened. But we can't even talk without it breaking up. Both have great Internet. He only lives literally, 2 minutes away.

Which would be BS as BC2 VOIP was fine.

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

Be interesting to hear if that has improved for you since the patch...?

Award Winner
/16

ratchet34321

• Award Winner
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ratchet34321
Accepted Solution
The patches has done something to the comms ... I could hear Mr_Inc lovely accent reasonable good (not perfect) last night :)
0 Kudos

Photobucket

"You can't take the sky from me"

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution
I believe TCP protocol port 5223 is universally used for VOIP over the internet (google TCP port 5223) if your routers not triggering/opening the port you will have comms problems.

Its also listed in the required PSN ports list.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/Port-Numbers-which-do-I-need-to...
0 Kudos

/16

DanWalsallFC

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DanWalsallFC
Accepted Solution

My comms with 2 of my friends works (almost) fine. A few times it was breaking up nothing too extreme, a good 90% of the time it was okay!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

DanWalsallFC wrote:

My comms with 2 of my friends works (almost) fine. A few times it was breaking up nothing too extreme, a good 90% of the time it was okay!

Yeah, I have pretty much this too ^

/16

Brownie-uk7

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Brownie-uk7
Accepted Solution
if there are more than two people in the squad with active comms then I get the chopped up voice. So we have to keep jumping into other squads or two of us play in the private squad then it's fine. We've both got the PS3 in the DMZ so this shouldn't be an issue.

I really agree, this is a severe problem for a team based game and probably should have taken priority over the fixing of the sound when deploying the bipod ... actually forget that. That missing bipod sound made the game unplayable!!

/16

raindoc

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
raindoc
Accepted Solution
VOIP works for me only in the lobby, coop or if we're not more than 2 players using the same channel (squad or team) in MP. a full squad = no communication possible
my ps3 is in DMZ and i've got a 100Mbit/s connection.

what ***** me off most is: this problem has been known since the Beta, that makes it 3 months old (!) and EA/DICE are still not talking to us.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

raindoc wrote:
...this problem has been known since the Beta Bad Company 1...

Fixed ;)

/16

Mike939

96%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mike939
Accepted Solution

I don't perticularly want to talk to any of you *ahem* people so comms not working doesnt bother me in the slightest.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

After a few matches, I can confirm, that nothing has changed. Coms are good with 2 squad members with mics. Through in a 3rd person, & its back to break up city.

I have ports forwarded, & I have it set it DMZ. Is it best just to use DMZ? Will my ports be conflicting with my DMZ stuff?

I'll have to go back to using no mics until this is fixed.  

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

AstroZombie1

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AstroZombie1
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

After a few matches, I can confirm, that nothing has changed. Coms are good with 2 squad members with mics. Through in a 3rd person, & its back to break up city.

I have ports forwarded, & I have it set it DMZ. Is it best just to use DMZ? Will my ports be conflicting with my DMZ stuff?

Sorry about bailing my router dropped and I couldn't be bothered to sign in, squad-up etc all over again.

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

99%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

AstroZombie1 wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

Sorry about bailing my router dropped and I couldn't be bothered to sign in, squad-up etc all over again.

Its ok. We relaced you with Ratchet :Love:

Beta Tester
/16

AstroZombie1

• Beta Tester
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AstroZombie1
Accepted Solution

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

AstroZombie1 wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

99%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

AstroZombie1 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

AstroZombie1 wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

We skipped merrily hand in hand down the middle of Grand Bazzar :D

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

I don't know if it causes conflicts. It probably depends on your router. Some routers have a problem if you enable UPnP with a DMZ.

But there's no need to forward ports (or use UPnP) if you have a DMZ. Probably best not to just in case it does have weird side effects.

I doubt that's what's affecting your comms though. It could be that the people you're trying to talk to have blocked ports...?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel