88%
02 Rank
Progress

Broken VOIP - PS3-players unite!

32 Replies 812 Views Created 01-12-2011
01 Dec 2011
By Fippr

let's not take this as they want it.

us ps3 players are the screwed again. no working voice chat in an online game is not acceptable.

please support this thread on the official feedback site for bf3: http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/voice_chat_issue (you can log in with your battelog id)

make pressure on battlelog and twitter. there are already lots of us ps3-players, who are frustrated and tired of not being able to speak with friends ingame.

it's also already in the press: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328019/ps3-battlefield-3-voice-chat-not-working-you-may-be-enti...

i just ask you to bump threads and make pressure over battlelog and twitter.

i paid almost 70€ for this product and it's not finished after the beta and 2!!! patches

no the fix ladder sounds or nerf the sigla lol. but no voip for ps3.... of course.

please spread the links and the word.

thank you

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

I removed the ports & put it in DMZ. I'll let you know how it goes. Someone did comment on the recent blog post about Karkand map stuff that they were aware of the problems, & are looking into it. So fingers crossed for a patch before 2012.

Re: Broken VOIP - PS3-players unite!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fippr

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Fippr
Accepted Solution

there's no solution for the problem trying it by yourself.

your router, your hs everythin is fine.

i'm concerned, because on twitter i hear often expressions like "we are searching for possible solutions", " we're evaluating the problem", "working on it".... blablabla

they never say something specific.

it is not acceptable that us ps3 players must live with an unfinished product again.

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/voice_chat_issue 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
my mates keep on at me about getting this game but theirs no way im making a purchase on a team based game with voip that doesn't work , how could they have got it so wrong, bfbc2 had the best communication quality than any other ps3 game ive played.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CRASHER69

92%
05 Rank
Progress
CRASHER69
Accepted Solution

I found a temporary solution for a couple of friends and I...

For the past few days we've been using Skype, the signal is good, we hear each other loud & clear and can even play on different squads to orchestrate stuff with cross-comms.

It's not ideal but it works until we have a proper fix.

0 Kudos

C R A S H E R 6 9

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Brownie-uk7

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Brownie-uk7
Accepted Solution
yeah Crasher, we have been doing the same thing! far from ideal but if i am to continue playing this game until its fixed (which i most certainly am!) this is the only way to handle. But what a bug to have in battlefield. the worrying thing is with absolutely no word on a possible fix is it even possible it cannot be solved on the ps3? Bad form, DICE.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

leggy1975

91%
08 Rank
Progress
leggy1975
Accepted Solution

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:
my mates keep on at me about getting this game but theirs no way im making a purchase on a team based game with voip that doesn't work , how could they have got it so wrong, bfbc2 had the best communication quality than any other ps3 game ive played.

Wouldnt let it put you off Johny...incidentally we were all playing the other night and on the other team was johnybravo !!!.... a short discussion followed as to whether it was you but after losing to said team we concluded not

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

atheistsw

94%
07 Rank
Progress
atheistsw
Accepted Solution

The fact the VOIP is still broken on this game after nearly 2 months of being on sale is utterly appaling and just demonstrates an abysmal incompetency on DICE's part... :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

atheistsw wrote:

The fact the VOIP is still broken on this game after nearly 2 months of being on sale is utterly appaling and just demonstrates an abysmal incompetency on DICE's part... :(

Was broken for much longer on SOCOM Special Forces.

And SOCOM Confrontation was like a lottery (not with the comms do worked almost perfectly*) You never knew what glitches or bugs you would encounter. One were if you checked the score board when you came out of it you could no longer move. Or when you picked the satchel charge up in demolition the green maker never disappeared allowing people to see exactly were you are right across the map.

Every now and again the comms did go buggy at the start of the 5th round (1 game is 8 rounds first to 5, swap sides at 4) the comms sometimes showed who ever was speaking on the other team at the time then froze up.

And a rare one (though extremely useful) after the swap 1 persons comms appeared fine apart form you could hear everything the enemy team were saying and they had no idea you were hearing everything "Dave I'm at half wall goner run for red room and jump down to the garage"... me sat there thinking oh really I'm at fish market. If that doesn't mean anything to you the it basically means he has to come across me through about 40-50 meters of open ground then a point were an alley to red rooms door is bang inline with the door on fish market. I know exactly were he is, were he's going and probably when he is about to start to move plus I know I don't have to come out I can just wait for the straight shot :D what a bug :lol:

Though my favourite SOCOM Bug was on the large version of Crossroads (mentioned above) went up in the tower at the merc spawn to kill the sniper. Its 2v3* at this point. I hear the ops lady saying the mercenaries have the bomb. Oh Crap!

This map is huge, the bombs in the middle, he has to plant in our spawn at the exact opposite point to were I am. Not a chance of getting there in time. I find the the sniper pick up his L96 16x zoom scope, my team mate gets killed I saw were his blue diamond was I see the enemy but he goes back down the road lost visual what do I do. There's not much room were I can get an angle on him plus bolt action rifle only time for 1 shot if I miss I'm buggered, lined the cross hairs up under the arch way the last point at which I will be able to see him (10 meters from the bomb plant) switching zoom levels between x6, x10 and x16 to get a veiw of the area I see him bang head shot. I could not believe my luck hitting the bomb carrier with the other merc in sight.

Ops lady comes on "the mercenaries have dropped the satchel" Though what happened next was even more of a shock. Ops lady speaks again "We are now in possession of the bomb" *SWEARS loudly in astonishment* I have the bomb! Legged it down the tower to the bomb plant. 30 second timer with the enemy having no chance of getting there. Only saw that once, the bomb teleported from the person who had be killed to the killer. Like I said it was a lottery of which bugs and glitches you would experience and there was a lot of them it could give you, some common some rare.

Confrontation is my favourite game on the PS3 possibly even my favourite of all time. On release it was a real mess. And it dragged on for months plagued with bugs on a biblical scale. But credit to Slant Six they got round to fix everything though often the patches to fix the bugs made new ones :lol: or broke something that had previously worked perfectly :Stupid: BF3 has no were near as many problems and all but 2 are really minor things like back ground noise dropping out or reload animations not happening the gun still reloads so chill :)

Sorry for the essay got a bit reminiscent :D

*just pointing Confrontation is non respawn (like SOCOM should be not like that abomination that they had the nerve to call SOCOM:Special Needs Forces) Was 16v16 at the start. 

Anybody fancy playing some Confrontation? Cloudburst get it. You liked Special needs. Confrontation is like that only a trillion billion million times better.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fippr

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Fippr
Accepted Solution

join this thread on battlelog:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347784531238/

nearly 1000 posts about this. there are some official responses too.... but hold your breath, they won't please you.

seems like EA/DICE won't acknowledge the problem for pr reasons (the words of a ea official, responding after a BBB complaint.

on the official feedback site of bf3, here: http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/voice_chat_issue

you can see how many are "victims".

the "movement" on battlelog also contacted sony about this, they say its not a hardware issue for sure.

you can read it all there.....

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WESTIE_UK

84%
06 Rank
Progress
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

*just pointing Confrontation is non respawn (like SOCOM should be not like that abomination that they had the nerve to call SOCOM:Special Needs Forces) Was 16v16 at the start. 

Anybody fancy playing some Confrontation? Cloudburst get it. You liked Special needs. Confrontation is like that only a trillion billion million times better.

you will have to give us a message if you ever fancy playing socom confrontation...

would be nice to get back in to it at some point...

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fippr

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Fippr
Accepted Solution

maybe ther's hope at the end of the tunnel:

http://mp1st.com/2012/01/09/battlefield-3-voip-updates-for-ps3-next-month/

but we still have no official word on that, this is just a third party site quoting a tweet, wich was deleted some hours afterwards.....

for further information and to fight for a working voip visit this MASSIVE thread on battelog:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347784531238/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SilentShadow777

94%
06 Rank
Progress
SilentShadow777
Accepted Solution
had a mental VOIP night last night, was trying to talk to a friend and he cut out for about 2 minutes and then came back in just at the end of the story he was tellin me :S

i was just like "what ??"

and he was like "did you not get any of that ??"

and i was like "ummmm, what did you s......

and he was like "wh...... y.....say??"

went on like that for a bit :S not good

we are both considering taking back the old second hand ps3s we gave to our missus's and settign them up in XMB chat for private VOIP channel

Twitter @SilentShadow777
Destiny Profiles Hunter | Titan | Warlock
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel